Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce - what a twat

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
His comments were probably made because he couldn't come out and say that West Pork couldn't come up with the money as is being rumoured.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i have always liked allardyce , if he wants to be a smug , bitter , northern twatt and be-little us then i'm sure it will be done at his peril . love to see him chewing the f*** out of his gum , scratching his head till it bleeds as we wipe the floor with them this season........if only , six points off them this year would be f***ing brilliant. ( daft post i know )

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can't be doing with getting all cross about it to be honest. We're a much smaller club than West Ham, and until this season we have looked like a truly tin pot outfit for nearly 20 years. If Sam Allardyce thinks it's a money move, he's in agreement with about 90% of the footballing world.

It's going to take 20 years to build the club's reputation back to where we want it to be, but in all honesty it doesn't really matter does it?

It is dangerous to rely upon a reputation - look at Leeds - this will be their 8th season outside the top flight, Sheff Wed their 11th, Forest their 12th. I can't see the Allardyce thing working out at West Ham and his reaction hints of complacency.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
His comments were probably made because he couldn't come out and say that West Pork couldn't come up with the money as is being rumoured.

It's exactly that.

They were made to the West Ham fans with their concerns and considerations in mind - 'oh well, Brighton offered silly money; we're far more careful with ours. Who are Brighton anyway - splashing the cash like a council-house lottery winner?' -type thing.

However, any sensible West Ham fan (there must be some) would see straight through that for the huckstering bullshit that it was.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Allardyce is all that is wrong in football. I never watch tv games with his teams in it, they are just so dull it's untrue. His negative football is vomit inducing. Added to that, I don't think his dishonesty helps him. I remember when he was on Panorama for bunging agents, which he piped up about but never cleared his name.....................and he looks like a Walrus.

Not even a good-looking Walrus at that!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I would'nt mind but he stands there saying this knee deep in screwed up brown envelopes the man is a TWAT and only just below the intelligence of fergie and his wife beating son.
why in gods name a decent club like WH took him on I don't know

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
why in gods name a decent club like WH took him on I don't know

Are they a "decent club"? As I remember teh whole Tevez saga they came out of it looking pretty grubby, and the Olympic Stadium saga isn't looking too "decent" at the moment either.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seagulls swoop for Mackerel | North Stand Blog

"following meetings with Sven Goran Eriksson, Sam Allardyce and Gus Poyet, there was only one place Mackail-Smith wanted to be. I’d heard through an inside contact two weeks ago, that CMS had been given a tour of the new stadium, and had been suitably impressed. The general feeling though, was that whilst he liked the idea of playing here, we simply wouldn’t be able to compete financially, with Leicester in particular.

Then Craig Mackail-Smith met Gustavo Poyet.

It appears that Poyet’s desire, enthusiasm, long-term vision and sheer personality, were the deciding factors, in the player’s ultimate decision. No-one knows the exact nature of that discussion, but its safe to say that Poyet was able to convince him not only of what the Albion could offer him, but crucially of how much he himself was wanted by Gus and his staff."

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seagulls swoop for Mackerel | North Stand Blog

"following meetings with Sven Goran Eriksson, Sam Allardyce and Gus Poyet, there was only one place Mackail-Smith wanted to be. I’d heard through an inside contact two weeks ago, that CMS had been given a tour of the new stadium, and had been suitably impressed. The general feeling though, was that whilst he liked the idea of playing here, we simply wouldn’t be able to compete financially, with Leicester in particular.

Then Craig Mackail-Smith met Gustavo Poyet.

It appears that Poyet’s desire, enthusiasm, long-term vision and sheer personality, were the deciding factors, in the player’s ultimate decision. No-one knows the exact nature of that discussion, but its safe to say that Poyet was able to convince him not only of what the Albion could offer him, but crucially of how much he himself was wanted by Gus and his staff."

To be honest I don't see Sven as a great motivator. As for Fat Sam I expect he couldn't understand his blubbering northern accent.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
To be honest I don't see Sven as a great motivator. As for Fat Sam I expect he couldn't understand his blubbering northern accent.

Think the rumour was he didn,t even meet sven,cause the swede was away on holiday:dunce:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Can't understand why CMS wouldn't want to come to Brighton for footballing reasons. BHA have a superb new stadium, a young, enthusiastic manager who gets the team playing good football, a chairman who's prepared to back the club finanncially and a decent, young, up and coming team to play in.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Imagine Sven trying to convince you that you were really wanted whilst on the other end of a crackling telephone in some poncy far off resort, swanning around in shorts that would make a lad thirty years younger look a c unt and then you think of fat Sam trying his hand with the opening gambit of, ''As long as I can convince my bosses that you`re worth it, because they are dubious Craig to be honest ''

Or an hour in the company of ''THE MAN'' at the Amex.

:bowdown:

Last edited:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Imagine Sven trying to convince you that you were really wanted whilst on the other end of a crackling telephone in some poncy far off resort, swanning around in shorts that would make a lad thirty years younger look a c unt and then you think of fat Sam trying his hand with the opening gambit of, ''As long as I can convince my bosses that you`re worth it, because they are dubious Craig to be honest ''

Or an hour in the company of ''THE MAN'' at the Amex.

:bowdown:
Spot on,:clap: that image of sven is f***ing hilarous just pissing myself

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can't understand why CMS wouldn't want to come to Brighton for footballing reasons. BHA have a superb new stadium, a young, enthusiastic manager who gets the team playing good football, a chairman who's prepared to back the club finanncially and a decent, young, up and coming team to play in.
It's all very confusing for Big Sam, Brighton have been off the radar for many years, losing out on a player to us must either mean that we are paying too much or the player is off his rocker.

To be honest I can't quite believe what is happening to my club at the moment. I'm enjoying the ride though.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Are they a "decent club"? As I remember teh whole Tevez saga they came out of it looking pretty grubby, and the Olympic Stadium saga isn't looking too "decent" at the moment either.

point taken and maybe he is at the right club then our matches with them will be interesting then

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
CMS was offered more to go to Leicester but chose us. Superb and real testament to Gus, Tony and the whole set-up. Bring on more!

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
I dont even know how people consider West Ham a big club. This aint the first time they have been relegated. I really am not interested enough to know the facts but every previous time we have been in the second tier in the last 20 years so have they (well, pretty much). I also cannot remember a time when they are not one of the favs for relegation every time they are in the prem.

oooh we get 30k every week and a few generations ago we won a couple of things. And no you didnt win the world cup in 66, uve never won the league ffs.

fk off West Ham no-one cares any more.

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
IN fact now that ive started I may as well finish. They are joint 19th most decorated team in England. Level with Pompey lol. So Man City, Blackburn, Wolves, Forest, Wednesday, Sheff United, West Brom, Sunderland, Leeds, Bolton, Preston, Huddersfield have all been more succesful.

To be fair though, if any man is qualified to end ther English loove affair with West Ham its Allardyce - should mess them up good and proper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here