Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All of this Anti-Henderson

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I was absolutely disgusted by my fellow Albion "fans" at Hendersons treatment at Nournemouth - it was sickening hearing them boo the poor lad.

E

enigma

Goring Gull said:
I was absolutely disgusted by my fellow Albion "fans" at Hendersons treatment at Nournemouth - it was sickening hearing them boo the poor lad.

Much as I agree with that, I didnt think you were there....

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Goring,

Why did you put the word fans in ""? Did they not pay their money? Did you even go to the game? I mean if you didn't go, and you slate the fans that did, what does that make you?

Pray tell me, you often talk about real fans and the like, what makes your any better a fan than anyone else who pays their money?

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Biscuit said:
Goring,

Why did you put the word fans in ""? Did they not pay their money?

Pray tell me, you often talk about real fans and the like, what makes your any better a fan than anyone else who pays their money?

Yes anyone who pays their money has a right to moan, but to single out one person for particular stick is wrong it is also unlikely to help his confidence - what about the other 10 buffons who failed to do much for the whole game?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Goring Gull said:
Yes anyone who pays their money has a right to moan, but to single out one person for particular stick is wrong it is also unlikely to help his confidence - what about the other 10 buffons who failed to do much for the whole game?

Did you go to the game?

If not, then how can you question the "fans" when you didn't even show up yourself?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I never said i wasn't there - as you all know i got the other half to post comments and used an internet cafe via my huddersfield server to post after match comments.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Goring Gull said:
I never said i wasn't there - as you all know i got the other half to post comments and used an internet cafe via my huddersfield server to post after match comments.

So were you at the game or not?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was amazed that some people are blaming Henderson for the goal yesterday. He was let down by his defence as he has been a lot recently. In the second half he played really well and I actually think was one of our best players.

The problem with Kuipers is that people remember him from before the injury. From what I have seen of him since he is nowhere near as good and both McGhee and Wilkins, who see him in training every day, have consistently picked Henderson.

If things carry on as they are I can see Henderson leaving and then we will have an injury prone 30 year old keeper backed up by two youngsters. I am sure that will make the Kuipers supporters happy.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goring Gull said:

If you had said you were posting via Wap on your phone it would have been a bit more believable. I had my suspicions when you said you were leaving Huddersfield at 9.30 to go to Bournemouth. It takes longer than 5 hours to do that drive especially on a Bank holiday as we've done it.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Yorkie said:
If you had said you were posting via Wap on your phone it would have been a bit more believable. I had my suspicions when you said you were leaving Huddersfield at 9.30 to go to Bournemouth. It takes longer than 5 hours to do that drive especially on a Bank holiday as we've done it.

Not to mention VH telling us about IP's

Finchley Seagull said:
I was amazed that some people are blaming Henderson for the goal yesterday. He was let down by his defence as he has been a lot recently. In the second half he played really well and I actually think was one of our best players.

The problem with Kuipers is that people remember him from before the injury. From what I have seen of him since he is nowhere near as good and both McGhee and Wilkins, who see him in training every day, have consistently picked Henderson.

If things carry on as they are I can see Henderson leaving and then we will have an injury prone 30 year old keeper backed up by two youngsters. I am sure that will make the Kuipers supporters happy.

It's a bizarre situation - on the one side you have guys like Keeley and Wilkins who are staying very loyal to Henderson. On the other side you have quite a significant groundswell of opinion in the stands that simply dislikes the player (certainly as big if not bigger than that which got rid of McGhee) and is now going to blame him every time for goals that were patently the mistake of other players.

How long can that situation last, that the coaching/management staff can be so at odds with the most vociferous section of fans? I can't think of any way Hendo can win over these fans, with the team in its current weakened state, we are never going to keep many clean sheets and those goals will always be blamed on Hendo.

I would be very surprised if Wayne Henderson was still a Brighton player by the summer, whether we are in League 1 or League 2. You have to take the rough with the smooth as a pro but not to the extent that the fan base single you out in this manner.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here