Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All of this Anti-Henderson

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
who me? said:
i dont want to hang him,

sell kuipers to lewes or afc,just get rid

not conference standard really,but could do a job for crawley.

how many albion managers rating him second or third choice do you need?

How many times have you seen him?

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
since southend away,his debut.

loads of times

whenever the first choice albion keeper was injured.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
The Complete Badger said:
And the award for most stupid person on nsc 2007 goes to 'who me?':clap2:

give me the name of ONE albion manager who had him as first choice

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
who me? said:
give me the name of ONE albion manager who had him as first choice
166 apps, 3 promotions & 2 championships (in which he played more than 80% of the games)

Not bad for a reserve.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
really.80%? add hendersons performances

so cartwright and roberts played no part.

and i am the stupidest person on nsc 2007

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
who me? said:
really.80%? add hendersons performances

so cartwright and roberts played no part.

and i am the stupidest person on nsc 2007
Cartwright played for TWO months and Roberts?... Was he even here during our two championships?...

Sep 18, 2003
He is too hesitant, and brings confusion to a slow defence. I don't understand why Kuipers is at least not given a chance, if only to sharpen Henderson up. Wayne must be thinking it is his given right to play, and that no matter how shite he plays, he is in next game.

Today was one step towards the ball, defence slows, Henderson changes mind, and nicely placed lob. 1-0, 5th league defeat in a row.

He has too be changed, if only to remind him he has to fight for a place.

Granted, he learnt for the following 3 occasions, and he dealt with them well.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Keepers appearances since 2000

2000-01 Adams

Kuipers 34
Cartwright 12

2001-02 Adams/Taylor

Kuipers 39
Royce 6
Packham 1

2002-03 Hinshelwood/Coppell

Kuipers 21
Petterson 6
Roberts 3
Beasant 16

2003-04 Coppell/McGhee

Roberts 32
Flitney 3
Kuipers 9
Jones 2

2004-05 McGhee

Kuipers 30
Yelldell 3
Shabaan 6
Blayney 7

2005-06 McGhee

Henderson 32
Blayney 8
Kuipers 5
Chaigneau 1

Reading back Kuipers got off to a dodgy start in the Adams era but benefitted from Cartwright being injured then crap when we lost 3-1 v Cheltenham. He remained first choice until the Coppell era when injury made him miss most of the season and Roberts became available at the end of the season making him first choice. Kuipers was packed off to Hull but was recalled when Roberts became injured but lost his place when the latter became available again. It was at this point that Taylor was thinking of signing him for Hull and the car crash happened.

Kuipers fought his way back from that and benefitted from Roberts' back problems which would eventually lead to his retirement. However, after 30 games on the trot he injured his shoulder which forced McGhee to look around and sign another Keeper relegating him to second choice again.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lindfield by the sea said:
He is too hesitant, and brings confusion to a slow defence. I don't understand why Kuipers is at least not given a chance, if only to sharpen Henderson up. Wayne must be thinking it is his given right to play, and that no matter how shite he plays, he is in next game.

Today was one step towards the ball, defence slows, Henderson changes mind, and nicely placed lob. 1-0, 5th league defeat in a row.

He has too be changed, if only to remind him he has to fight for a place.

Granted, he learnt for the following 3 occasions, and he dealt with them well.

well said Lbts!!:clap:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
cjd said:
Give ,em enough rope........................

I did try to tell him, didn,t I........

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Today's goal was not Henderson's fault. Enough people moaned that he was rooted to his line and when he comes out, Lynch make a complete cock up and left Hendo stranded.
Hendo did a brilliant save at a bloke's feet this afternoon to keep the deficit down.

I love FDM to bits and even part sponsor him but he has not been the same since his horrific shoulder injury and car crash. Those that want him back in are looking back 4 years with rose tinted specs. He is not the keeper he was.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Kuipers agency is the "wright wright wright" agency I understand (of Ian Wright fame)

Non relevant, but I stumbled across their website the other day.

There is a little biog of the former dutch marine.

Sitting in the disabled area for half the game as I do, one thing I do notice is that Kuipers is far more vocal (FAR more vocal) and pro-active is organising everything in front of him.

Whether the players take a blind bit of notice is another thing...

I do think though that it must be a nightmare for any keeper at this club with the hero worship for Kuipers by some fans.

I've seen Kuipers make many mistakes, but he does pull off some visually fantastic saves.

I would trust the management on this one though. It was felt that Kuipers would be an improvement at the current time, I suspect he would be first choice.

Last edited:

Trigger said:
Maybe we don't have a number 1 keeper, maybe we just simply have two number 2's?...

That is what Dave The Gaffer said a previous Albion manager said to him during the phone-in the a few weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here