Affordable Strikers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Well in that case I'll put myself forward. I'd be knackered after 10 minutes and I'd go all season without scoring but I can say for certain the Albion can afford me.

These are just joke ideas. We want to get promoted to the championship, not the football league.

Like gold dust mate you know that, all the good ones cost a lot of dough

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Well in that case I'll put myself forward. I'd be knackered after 10 minutes and I'd go all season without scoring but I can say for certain the Albion can afford me.

These are just joke ideas. We want to get promoted to the championship, not the football league.

Point taken, but lets face it evey time someone mentions a striker that could do the job, people on here just shoot them down in flames. Rock and a hard place. If what Bloom and Poyet says is true about the one that got away, then we must be setting the bar high, in which case the likes of Tyson, Varney, Cox must be the benchmark and we must be prepaid to pay the price/wages.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Jo Kuffour....

We could do a lot worse. As it stands, and with time running out, I would like to see us go for Theo Robinson. He certainly wasn't my first choice but I think realistically he is the sort of player we should be looking at.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Apparently Crawley turned down a bid of £250k from an "unnamed" league one club for Matt Tubbs (striker) who they only brought in the summer for 100k! I'm not saying it's us but you never know!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Dont think Poyet and Bloom would do a Slade job and go for the Crawley boy, just cos he is local and we are desperate in that position. £150k well spent that was!

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
How about a loan signing with a view to a permanent transfer? Players who come here seem to be won over by Gus, so maybe a championship player who is out of favour or a young prem striker.

Would be great if someone could do a post about these categories - young prem loan striker & out of favour championship striker as potential loans.

Surely this is why we have scouts though, to identify said player who might not be obvious, do they watch reserve & youth games etc? Does anyone know any scouts?

Saying all this Murray ain't bad and will get at least 15. Living up to is 'lower league Berbatov' moniker may happen one day, although I'm bored waiting

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
can't see anbody being signed now before the window closes so we will be looking at loanees which is something that Gus didn't really want to do

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of all the names banded about I would think that Tresor Kandol seems the most like;ly and affordable. Would prefer him to Theo Robinson who I dont think would be an asset to Murray.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ah yes, great shout, I didn't think of that. They had him before didn't they so would know of him and clearly have the money. I think you're probably right. I just thought initially that all the signs pointed to us, ie need a striker, local so would know all about him, have the money etc.

Read in the paper today that they signed some 20 year old from the Ryman league to replace Pitman

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports