Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Affordable Strikers

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
to a point I agree but there will be (although not particularly young) players of the Craig Bellamy type moving to the championship and he will be taking the place of ? and the said ? might be looking for a club to play for and I know you might say he is the exception but I think there will be many like him maybe not as skillful but with experience.
a question ......would you have picked Jo over Bellamy because I certainly would'nt and I certainly don't think that Gus would have signed Hoyte even if we were desperate

I know what you are saying with the knock on effect, and indeed Craig Bellamy is a good case as his transfer to Cardiff has enabled McCormack to go to Leeds, but will leeds let one of their forwards go? well maybe, we will see.

However for everyone like this there will be another player who goes to a championship side who actually need a player for that position and so dont send any of their players out.
Now like i have said, and Manny said before me, there may not be that many of these deals in the first place.

Some youngsters will still be allowed out on loan as they always have been but the ones that have a chance of actually getting into the 1st team will stay put. Wiltshire at Arsenal was allowed to go to Bolton last season, Venger has already said he wont be going anywhere this year.
I really hope im wrong but i think the same will be true of Lua Lua.

Im sorry if im being thick but ive missed the point with Jo and Bellamy, but for what its worth i would have Bellamy.

Gus may not have signed Hoyte but im pretty sure he did renew his loan deal and tried to talk up his value to the team on at least a couple of occasions.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Someone who's scored a few at League 1 level before - Caleb Folan??

mmm i like that one Mark, may be surplus to requirements at Hull after falling out with Phil Brown.

Never really been that prolific though, not even at Chesterfield but he has got Premiership and Championship experience and could well do a job.

Wonder what sort of wages he would want though?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
West Brom resign Fortune from Celtic, two new strikers in the last week or so for them, could they now have a few surplus players?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
West Brom resign Fortune from Celtic, two new strikers in the last week or so for them, could they now have a few surplus players?

Has anyone mentioned Simon Cox ? :facepalm:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

They have already said that they wont be letting Woods go out on loan, maybe that will change with the recent arrivals but not as it stands.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Fabio Borini 19 years old playing for Chelsea. Decent goal scoring record for Italy at youth level. Gus would still have friends at Stamford Bridge.

Gael Kakuta 19 years old, at Chelsea. Can play on either wing or as a pacey Striker. Scores a decent amount of goals for France at youth Level.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas 18 year old who has came through the Arsenal youth team. Would solve most of our Problems. He can play Left Back, Center Mid, Left Wing or as a striker. Scored 5 goals in 15 games for Doncaster last season (mainly from Midfield).

Rhys Murphy Born in Shoreham. Didn't Impress last year for Brentford BUT might be worth a look at.

Braulio Nóbrega Spanish footballer currently playing for Real Zaragoza, loaned out last season. Has struggled to break in the Zaragoza team. Loaned out last season. Scored in a UEFA cup Semi-final (03-04) but since then has had a run of Injurys.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
The names being banded about pre season when everyone was excited to the names being banded about in this thread says "desperation" now

So I will chuck in Marc Richards

Marc Richards is not a bad call. Gus went to the Port Vale game v Fulham, so could have been checking on him :shrug:

Think i must have seen Port Vale/ Micky Adams and just skipped it as they have a few of our rejects :laugh:

Seriously though he may be worth a gamble, 1 in 3 recoed for Vale and 1 in 4 for Barnsley before that, should be good for 15 or so at league 1 :thumbsup:

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Fabio Borini 19 years old playing for Chelsea. Decent goal scoring record for Italy at youth level. Gus would still have friends at Stamford Bridge.

Gael Kakuta 19 years old, at Chelsea. Can play on either wing or as a pacey Striker. Scores a decent amount of goals for France at youth Level.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas 18 year old who has came through the Arsenal youth team. Would solve most of our Problems. He can play Left Back, Center Mid, Left Wing or as a striker. Scored 5 goals in 15 games for Doncaster last season (mainly from Midfield).

Rhys Murphy Born in Shoreham. Didn't Impress last year for Brentford BUT might be worth a look at.

Braulio Nóbrega Spanish footballer currently playing for Real Zaragoza, loaned out last season. Has struggled to break in the Zaragoza team. Loaned out last season. Scored in a UEFA cup Semi-final (03-04) but since then has had a run of Injurys.

Dreaming on that one. He could start for quite a few Premier clubs.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
First pictures in of Simon Cox at Withdean :laugh:

Attachments

• Simon Cox.jpg
    Simon Cox.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 114

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
think Marc Richards would be a good signing, experienced without being over the hill (28) and has scored 38 goals in 113 games for Vale.
Would be a good partner for Murray I think, smaller and more mobile.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Mifsud is still a free agent I think, he'd be worth a look for sure.

The reason Mifsud is a free agent and no one wants him, is because he is a shit load of trouble in the dressing room, makes Leon Knight look like Mother Teresa. This is not football manager, this is real life ffs!

Mark24

Mar 1, 2010
Hove
mmm i like that one Mark, may be surplus to requirements at Hull after falling out with Phil Brown.

Never really been that prolific though, not even at Chesterfield but he has got Premiership and Championship experience and could well do a job.

Wonder what sort of wages he would want though?

Well I guess any decent striker will be expensive on the wages front - but if we were looking at Sinclair...??

Here's another one from a club with too many strikers - Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely on a season long loan...? Zamora-esque type of signing but looks like he could be worth a punt...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The reason Mifsud is a free agent and no one wants him, is because he is a shit load of trouble in the dressing room, makes Leon Knight look like Mother Teresa. This is not football manager, this is real life ffs!

A) I've never played football manager in my life.
B) I've never met the guy or heard much about him other than what I've seen on the football pitch so I couldn't possibly comment about any attitude he may or may not have.
C) leon Knight dressed as Mother Teresa would be hilarious.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Shame we missed out on Pawel Abbott, i think he'd have done a job. As for now, i think Robinson or a loan player is about the most we could hope for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here