Affordable Strikers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that you are right but I wont hold my breath.

This is the game that Gus should have experimented and played the team that played at Northampton not that game.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If we bid 800k for le fondre he will be ours:thumbsup:

This 3 million bollocks is mind games and league 2 clubs are not exactly flushed with money.:glare:

Iknow money is tight in football but i wish we would look to the future when it comes to players as quality young players are assets.

Come on mr bloom it makes sense:thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Are we all forgetting that the 25 man squads will be announced and thats the time when we should be able to pick up some decent players that trickle down from the higher leagues,we need IMHO players that can get us into the championship then we might have the money to either keep them or buy elsewhere.
no doubt the list will be enormous of players wishing to play football and not always looking for the big buck?

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
Are we all forgetting that the 25 man squads will be announced and thats the time when we should be able to pick up some decent players that trickle down from the higher leagues,we need IMHO players that can get us into the championship then we might have the money to either keep them or buy elsewhere.
no doubt the list will be enormous of players wishing to play football and not always looking for the big buck?

There are only 2 or 3 teams in the prem with more than 25 senior players, so i doubt the naming of squads will change anything.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
There are only 2 or 3 teams in the prem with more than 25 senior players, so i doubt the naming of squads will change anything.

this maybe true but are all the exciting youngsters going to hang around waiting to come into a squad of 25 players when they can play and maybe shine in a lower league

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
The clubs will probably want to keep them as backup.

I dont think that the naming of 25 man squads will have any bearing on whether Prem teams will let players go on loan or not. It will be the same as always was.

I think if this is the basket people are putting all their eggs in i'm afraid it could be a bottomless basket.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I still reckon we'll bring a foreigner in. Look farther afield! Anyone got the same stats for the second tier Spanish division? French? German? Argentinian? :amex:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I think Jo Kuffour would be a very good signing as he gets a decent return every season, and imagine he would be a reasonable price too! I would also love it if we got Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield, i know its unlikely as he plays most games for them, but since they have signed Alan Lee, they may be willing to sell him at the right price

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I think Jo Kuffour would be a very good signing as he gets a decent return every season, and imagine he would be a reasonable price too! I would also love it if we got Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield, i know its unlikely as he plays most games for them, but since they have signed Alan Lee, they may be willing to sell him at the right price

Not a chance Jordan Rhodes will be let go, he was banging them in last season, Alan Lee has an excellent physical presence but has never been all that prolific.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I keep seeing Theo Robinson mentioned but there is no way that Huddersfield will let him go to a direct competitor for promotion, they are not as stupid as Swindon!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Not a chance Jordan Rhodes will be let go, he was banging them in last season, Alan Lee has an excellent physical presence but has never been all that prolific.

I agree it would be highly unlikely, but much more realistic than half of the names mentioned! Yes, he is a big player for them, but i think they would be tempted by 500k or so, seeing as they have Lee, Robinson, Novak etc and money to sign another forward if neccesary. Worth a try imo, but as you say, very unlikely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports