Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adidas next years kit suppliers

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And it's somebody else's old kit

So what? Who cares? There's only a certain number of combos of colours and stripes and patterns etc. That's one of the nicest combos I've seen.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
So what? Who cares? There's only a certain number of combos of colours and stripes and patterns etc. That's one of the nicest combos I've seen.

So you'd be happy for the Albion to wear the same kit as a pub team?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So you'd be happy for the Albion to wear the same kit as a pub team?

If it was the nicest kit in the world, of course. No one would know who the pub team was, and if they saw it on the pub team they'd think "oh look, they're wearing Brighton's kit".

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If it was the nicest kit in the world, of course. No one would know who the pub team was, and if they saw it on the pub team they'd think "oh look, they're wearing Brighton's kit".

And you would be happy with that????

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And you would be happy with that????

I think I could cope. Ultimately what matters is how nice our kit is. If some random team I'm never going to even know about also have a similar kit, so be it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You don't think?

article-2303299-190D6CDF000005DC-19_634x385.jpg
To be honest, I don't dislike that, and there is very little chance we wear anything remotely similar.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and secondly that there will be any discernible improvement in quality.

The Nike Hertha shirts were a quantum leap in quality. They were better fitting (made from multiple panels) using recognised technical materials. Errea shirts were little more than a low-grade nylon front and back sewn together. I have used both for running and know which is preferable.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Is last season's. Which means that Leyton Orient can have it (in red) for this season, as well as Midhurst Grasshoppers Under 13s, and the Cow's Arse & Banjo.

Like I said, I don't think their designs are any better or worse than anybody else's, if it comes out and I like it, all well and good. I'll end up buying it anyway, almost certainly. I simply don't like the assumption that something MUST be good because it's Nike or adidas.
A chap I go to the football with said he purchased kids shirts for his 2 boys, both were fitted with adult size collars, that is shoddy.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Errea aren't solely responsible for the design of our kits, BHAFC have had huge amounts of input. What every shirt we've had from errea is a bespoke unique kit that nobody else wears.

Not exactly true - our first ever Errea shirt (and largely considered the best by a lot of people) was their standard striped effort. As worn by Cheltenham in red and white in the same season

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not exactly true - our first ever Errea shirt (and largely considered the best by a lot of people) was their standard striped effort. As worn by Cheltenham in red and white in the same season
And this season's Cheltenham home shirt bares an uncanny resemblance to our home shirt, just with a slightly different collar.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Addidas and Nike both top big brands so both be ok for me.

Prefer Addidas as a brand but think their 3 stripes may not match our kit so I'd be happy with Nike.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

The prototype was,however, it was subtly changed for the actual shirts we got, so as to be unique. The point where the stripes meet the sponsor panel area is different. Not a lot in the scheme of things, but a difference all the same.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As long as the white stripes were white, and not pale blue. And we don't want Cyrillic Script on the front.

Don't worry, the sponsors will be heat applied (iron on) so they'll fall off anyway when you fail to read the wash instructions, or get your mum to put them in with the terries, chuck em in the tumble drier too, they'll soon fall off.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just for example RE Nike - here are the keepers shirts they supply teams with this season.

http://www.reds-clubshop.co.uk/ba-2416-goal-keeper-jsy-13-14-adult - Barnsley
http://www.onerovers.co.uk/retproddetail.aspx?d=61&id=5989 - Blackburn
http://www.addicks-clubshop.co.uk/ca-1081-goal-keeper-jsy-13-14-junior - Charlton
http://www.bantams-clubshop.co.uk/bc-1324-goal-keeper-jsy-13-14-junior - Bradford
http://www.orient-clubshop.co.uk/lo-349-goal-keeper-jsy-13-14-adult - Orient

See the pattern ? Seems Nike are unable to make more than 2 designs for GK shirts. At least for stripes - Adidas look better (West Brom for example, decent kit).

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

This is the catalogue version that was tweaked for the first home errea shirt
gytujega.jpg

Compared to the final version
gu6e3yha.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here