Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adidas next years kit suppliers

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Look how clean and classy it is. Really simple and still modern. The blue's the right shade, the stripes are the perfect size. There's no horrible nonsense around the sleeves or collar. I just think it's lovely.

You have more imagination than I do, it just looks like a football shirt to me.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wot, no Ben Sherman?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Really? I don't think I've ever seen a Nike shirt that's made me think "wow". It's that graduated colour one that Barcelona had in orange/yellow last year and that Orient now wear in red/white that makes me shudder. Awful.
I appreciate your opinion is different to mine Edna. I should add from my point of view ERREA have never produced a kit for us that made me go WOW. This year's home kit for example, it's complete pish.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Look how clean and classy it is. Really simple and still modern. The blue's the right shade, the stripes are the perfect size. There's no horrible nonsense around the sleeves or collar. I just think it's lovely.

And it's somebody else's old kit

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I appreciate your opinion is different to mine Edna. I should add from my point of view ERREA have never produced a kit for us that made me go WOW. This year's home kit for example, it's complete pish.

Errea aren't solely responsible for the design of our kits, BHAFC have had huge amounts of input. What every shirt we've had from errea is a bespoke unique kit that nobody else wears.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Errea aren't solely responsible for the design of our kits, BHAFC have had huge amounts of input. What every shirt we've had from errea is a bespoke unique kit that nobody else wears.
I'm fully understanding of the meaning of bespoke, this however isn't a guarantee of a quality garment, both quality and and style. Maybe if the club have been involved in the production of the current kit them perhaps it's better that that lose that control cos this year's is pony.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
See post #90 whoever designed our current kit hasn't got a clue.

Same person that was involved with all the designs from the club. The fact you obviously don't like the current shirt doesn't mean that a bespoke kit is worse that a copy of someone else's.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Same person that was involved with all the designs from the club. The fact you obviously don't like the current shirt doesn't mean that a bespoke kit is worse that a copy of someone else's.
No it doesn't, but Porto, Barca, Juve etc are not particularly likely to commission and cack looking shirt. If we end up getting their templates it's a fairly good chance it will a good looking shirt, unlike some of our recent offerings.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No it doesn't, but Porto, Barca, Juve etc are not particularly likely to commission and cack looking shirt. If we end up getting their templates it's a fairly good chance it will a good looking shirt, unlike some of our recent offerings.

You don't think?

article-2303299-190D6CDF000005DC-19_634x385.jpg

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

But it's still a copy and other teams all over the world will be wearing it. For the record I'm not a massive fan of this seasons shirt but I prefer it to wearing the same shirt as someone else.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Juve

Juventus+3rd+Jersey+2012+-+2013.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Porto....

Porto-away.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
but if it is going to be Adidas, I expect something similar to this. Its alright I guess, and would be acceptable, but not exactly got the WOW factor has it....?

View attachment 51754

As long as the white stripes were white, and not pale blue. And we don't want Cyrillic Script on the front.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'm not saying that the Errea kits have all been brilliant. Far from it. I just think it's a total myth, however, that the designs of Nike/adidas/Puma are somehow going to be better by default, and secondly that there will be any discernible improvement in quality. All it will mean is that we'll be a cog in a bigger machine, and that you'll see tubby old blokes playing for pub teams next season wearing exactly the same design of shirt as us (except they paid £9.99 for the unbadged shirt rather than the £42.99 we'll pay).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That really is grotesque.

Is last season's. Which means that Leyton Orient can have it (in red) for this season, as well as Midhurst Grasshoppers Under 13s, and the Cow's Arse & Banjo.

Like I said, I don't think their designs are any better or worse than anybody else's, if it comes out and I like it, all well and good. I'll end up buying it anyway, almost certainly. I simply don't like the assumption that something MUST be good because it's Nike or adidas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here