Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

700 seats sold yesterday

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
That's what they said at the 1901 presentations :shrug:

Looking at a cross section rather than a plan to take account of the hypotenuse: The red line is the distance from the back of the West to the pitch. The blue is the same length line at pitch level. Assuming the ends of the sight lines mark the width of the pitch, the distance to the back of the West is just a couple of yards shy of the width of the pitch.

Attachments

• Falmer cross section2.bmp
    918.7 KB · Views: 427

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Looking at a cross section rather than a plan to take account of the hypotenuse: The red line is the distance from the back of the West to the pitch. The blue is the same length line at pitch level. Assuming the ends of the sight lines mark the width of the pitch, the distance to the back of the West is just a couple of yards shy of the width of the pitch.

Thanks Uter. The ends are actually not as wide as the pitch, for some reason.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Harvey's/Real Ale drinker by any chance? I rest my case.

tell me what you drink. see if I become so superior, It won't happen, you can drink pints of Lambrini if you want, it's your choice.

I drink real ale, lager, red wine, white wine, rosé (if the occasion calls), sparkling wine, port, sherry, brandy, whisky. Rarely at the same time, mind.

Not fussed on cider, gin, vodka, alcopops, sickly sweet liqueurs. And lagers that don't taste of anything.

Now... what was your point?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I do laugh when I come across people that have so exhausted every other avenue that they resort to "I like the taste of real ale" as a means to prove their manliness.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Could be worse...

Newcastle009.jpg

P1000238.jpg

LondonOctober2007005.jpg

camera198.jpg

ifbods.jpg

7688587611a11747910103l.jpg

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Could be worse...

Pictures removed - don't want anyone's Page Down button wearing out.

In all fairness - pictures from the top tier never do the view justice. I can't speak for most of those, but have sat in similar positions at Wembley and Parkhead and the view/proximity to the pitch is fine!

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In all fairness - pictures from the top tier never do the view justice. I can't speak for most of those, but have sat in similar positions at Wembley and Parkhead and the view/proximity to the pitch is fine!

Good use of the quote feature there. :wozza:

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I was in the upper quadrant tier between north stand and stretford end for the United v Valencia game in December

Although very high and far from the pitch, the game was just about watchable.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Good use of the quote feature there. :wozza:

I'm sorry - obviously I am well out of my depth here in terms of internet forum etiquette.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
No need to 'quote' huge images if your message follows directly. You can still hit edit on your post and delete 'em from quoted text.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
No need to 'quote' huge images if your message follows directly. You can still hit edit on your post and delete 'em from quoted text.

Yes sir.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What is the distance from back of south taking into account running track and steps I wonder.

West upper will be noisy I hope

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What is the distance from back of south taking into account running track and steps I wonder.

West upper will be noisy I hope

It's no further than if the running track wasn't there, the seats would just continue down to pitch level. The rows at the Amex will be more than twice as far apart and there are 3 times as many rows.

They`ll be plenty to go round but I am glad I got mine sorted today exactly where I wanted to be. Wouldn`t want to wait a couple of weeks thats for sure.
Upper West, central , A few rows back, on an aisle, smashing.

What time was your presentation?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's no further than if the running track wasn't there, the seats would just continue down to pitch level. The rows at the Amex will be more than twice as far apart and there are 3 times as many rows.

Looked great on presentation , can see why its selling like hot cakes up there. That roof is so low on the top tier its got to really amplify the noise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here