Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

477 minutes without an away goal

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
This type of post has got to be the most annoying on here..... and that includes all mine!!!!

For a start its 2 games this season, they all count, and if it was just about these two games, I'd be on your side. But its not is it. Its the ten or so games at the end of last season as well, which as carried straight over into this one.

Its the fact we have only scored in two of our last eight games home and away

Its the fact we have already drawn two blanks out of two this season.

Its the fact we have won 3 away games in 25 (?)

Its the fact we are doing this playing a negative brand of football.

And Apart from blind hope, its very hard to see where the next win is coming from, especially away from home, unless Gus changes things, and we all know he's not going to do that!

4456030509_d813d0d00f.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This type of post has got to be the most annoying on here..... and that includes all mine!!!!

For a start its 2 games this season, they all count, and if it was just about these two games, I'd be on your side. But its not is it. Its the ten or so games at the end of last season as well, which as carried straight over into this one.

And Apart from blind hope, its very hard to see where the next win is coming from, especially away from home, unless Gus changes things, and we all know he's not going to do that!

Do the 5 we scored against Pompey in Spain count as away goals?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Do the 5 we scored against Pompey in Spain count as away goals?

Damn I had forgotten about that! There was Maidstone, Lewes and Hastings too! Perhaps I was overreacting :)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I've got a nasty feeling, that may be less painful than having to sit through Tuesdays game..... Unless the "Gem" arrives by then!!

McSmudger aint got a cat in hells chance of scoring tuesday lets see what Adgestein and Barnes can do up front together at the start,Toby cannot prove himself sat on the bench for 89 minutes ffs.Look how caskey changed our form last season in the stains game.If Toby plays poorly take him off but at least lets try something different when in the middle of a goal drought in competative games,and at 18 Caskey should be on the bench he is a goal scoring midfielder scoring for Oxford what is the dictator playing at :albion2:

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Yawn

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
McSmudger aint got a cat in hells chance of scoring tuesday lets see what Adgestein and Barnes can do up front together at the start,Toby cannot prove himself sat on the bench for 89 minutes ffs.Look how caskey changed our form last season in the stains game.If Toby plays poorly take him off but at least lets try something different when in the middle of a goal drought in comptative games :albion2:
Yer, and look what Gus done to him.

Gus "If a player comes up from the development squad and performs, they stay with us. Simple"

Obviosuly winning four out of five games with JFC starting and 2 moms and two goals, obviously was under performing.

That could actually be worth a new thread!!!!!! :lol:

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Aside from lack of goals scored away, the only game we won last season after going behind was Doncaster at home!
Be interesting to see if that changes much this season. Obviously I'd prefer us not to go behind in games, but inevitably we will. Hopefully with 7 subs again we can use more impact players from the bench, and with the defence looking stronger we can be more positive going forward.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This type of post has got to be the most annoying on here..... !

More annoying than fans who spend most of their lives on NSC looking to slag off and criticise the players, the manager and the club? Really I mean REALLY?

Your credibility is shot imo anyway with your one eyed crusade against Barnes...

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

no, I think if it went to a poll, your posts would be voted most annoying.

Probably have a chance of winning some sort of award for myopic negativity as well.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
:drama: we lose 2 games and some of you think there is a big crisis. I didn't go to Hull yesterday but am told we played well and were unlucky, not like last year when we were abject away. Just wondering if the doom mongers and moaners were at Hull themselves?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Damn I had forgotten about that! There was Maidstone, Lewes and Hastings too! Perhaps I was overreacting :)

If the the rose tinted spectacles wont accept the loss to hastings they can`t take the goals in the other friendlies,pre season friendly games do not count.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What are we doing?

Ignoring pre-season games, and linking last season to this and putting so much focus on it, it creates a bigger issue than it needs to be. IMO, like.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What are we doing?

Ignoring pre-season games, and linking last season to this and putting so much focus on it, it creates a bigger issue than it needs to be. IMO, like.

Have you not heard apparently we are in crisis and all need to PANIC!!!

Everyone who went to the game has said we were very good and just missed out but who trusts them when you have the reasoned and balanced viewpoints of all of those who listened to the game on the radio

Oh and since Barnes played well against Chelsea CMS is now the player OUR SUPPORTERS are now turning on.

Heaven help us all if we are not 3-0 up at half time on Tuesday

Sack gus, sack CMS, bloom out Jesus this board is full of tards

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Have you not heard apparently we are in crisis and all need to PANIC!!!

Everyone who went to the game has said we were very good and just missed out but who trusts them when you have the reasoned and balanced viewpoints of all of those who listened to the game on the radio

Oh and since Barnes played well against Chelsea CMS is now the player OUR SUPPORTERS are now turning on.

Heaven help us all if we are not 3-0 up at half time on Tuesday

Sack gus, sack CMS, bloom out Jesus this board is full of tards

This is a Hull view of things. It appears to justify what many "moaners" are trying to point out.

"It was a gutsy performance from City, full of character and spirit against opposition who will feel they deserved something from the game. At the risk of sounding harsh, Brighton forced 18 chances of which only 4 were on target. Therein lays the problem. By contrast, City's eye for the target was in, despite creating less. It's that Premier League schooling we saw from two years ago - and the mindset Bruce will look to instil in to his players - with just 13 chances created, critically 8 of which forced saves from the opposition.

In a division of fine margins, good teams find a way to extract the best from less and crucially come up with the goods. On the opening day, the performance is always secondary in my book. The result is everything.... "

We must get someone who is sharper up front. Did Owen find a club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here