Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

477 minutes without an away goal

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Where are we going so wrong? It's not like we have trouble scoring at home....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
From the sounds of today I don't think it's right to lump it in with our away performances at the end of last season, which were truly gash. As were most away games last season. Everyone who has commented having been there is positive today so I think we should probably give it a few games before trying to make conclusions.
(except we need a striker)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Last season we were too negative away from home. It sounded more encouraging today so I'm sure we'll notch a couple in our next away match.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Wow is that true? Blimey looks like we need a new striker. Perhaps someone could start a thread and we could all come up with loads of great suggestions of who we should sign? I will go first.......

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I assume you are talking league goals then? Not the pre season, when the team were AWAY in spain and scored many goals. If it is the league to which you are referring, it started today, so that would be 90 minutes + a bit of stoppage time without an away goal.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I assume you are talking league goals then? Not the pre season, when the team were AWAY in spain and scored many goals. If it is the league to which you are referring, it started today, so that would be 90 minutes + a bit of stoppage time without an away goal.

I'm referring to competitive games in general. Last goal was at Forest.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Don't concede, never lose.

Don't score, never win. I would rather be conceding 3 and scoring 4 than letting in 0 and scoring 0. A point a game will see you relegated.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Don't be so simplistic.

The facts don't lie. Without goals you're going to get nowhere.

Last season we conceded 31 goals away from home. Not brilliant, but not the worst. However we only managed to score SIXTEEN goals in 23 games. Only Coventry scored fewer, and look what happened to them?

Realistically our defence record isn't going to dramastically improve because it was solid last season, however the one part of our game we most definately can improve on is putting the ball in the back of the net more often.

Is that a little less simplistic?:shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So much negativity after ONE f***ing GAME :rolleyes:

Last season is history, let it go

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The facts don't lie. Without goals you're going to get nowhere.

Last season we conceded 31 goals away from home. Not brilliant, but not the worst. However we only managed to score SIXTEEN goals in 23 games. Only Coventry scored fewer, and look what happened to them?

Realistically our defence record isn't going to dramastically improve because it was solid last season, however the one part of our game we most definately can improve on is putting the ball in the back of the net more often.

Is that a little less simplistic?:shrug:

To be as simplistic as you, sometimes you just need a bit of luck.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
To be as simplistic as you, sometimes you just need a bit of luck.

Your input to this thread has been most insightful, thanks for stopping by.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
So much negativity after ONE f***ing GAME :rolleyes:

Last season is history, let it go
This type of post has got to be the most annoying on here..... and that includes all mine!!!!

For a start its 2 games this season, they all count, and if it was just about these two games, I'd be on your side. But its not is it. Its the ten or so games at the end of last season as well, which as carried straight over into this one.

Its the fact we have only scored in two of our last eight games home and away

Its the fact we have already drawn two blanks out of two this season.

Its the fact we have won 3 away games in 25 (?)

Its the fact we are doing this playing a negative brand of football.

And Apart from blind hope, its very hard to see where the next win is coming from, especially away from home, unless Gus changes things, and we all know he's not going to do that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here