Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 2 nights ago my Grandson committed suicide MIND Charity

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thoughts and love to you and your family. No words are going to bring your grandson back, but hopefully the messages on this thread will help you ease to pain.
It's amazing that although many of us do not know each other, we are all there to offer help and advice, this make NSC unique, it's like we are all family. All my love and heartfelt condolences to [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION].

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Sorry for your loss.
The grief that accompanies circumstances such as this is so much harder to come to terms with because you are searching for answers which only one person would have been able to give you.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Rose and I really want to thanks each and every one of you not only for your amazing words of kindness but also for the amazing generosity that you have shown towards Mikes Go Fund Page, we are at a loss at how to thank you all, I have seen how NSC can be your best friend in times of trouble, but you guys have truly been amazing.

Thank you all so much, it does and has helped us both a massive amount, just reading the messages.

I will let you know how the final sums of the donations are used, I have been in close contact with Taylor and we have agreed a large amount will go to the charity MIND and hopefullly it will help others not to do what our Grandson did and as i have read on here, some others have, even if its only one kid saved, its worked!

We a re keeping a very close eye on our son, he is completely aware of how generous you all have been towards his son, when i showed him many of the comments, he cried he was so emotionally charged with all the kind messages.

So From Myself, Rose & Scott ----- THANK YOU NORTH STAND CHAT! xx

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just seen this. I have 2 young grandchildren myself. I can't even start to imagine what you are going through.

Very sorry for your sad loss Tony

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I am so sorry to read this and for your loss and obvious grief.

Please, please ensure that those close to your Grandson, and, of course, you yourself seek some bereavement counselling, it is important, it does help and it can enable people, in time, to come to terms with what has happened.

Like many, I'm sure, I'm here if you need me. I wish you all well. x

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It is only now I can bring myself to talk about it publicly, 2 nights ago my young grandson went into some local woods and hung himself from a tree! as if this world is not bad enough at the moment! he was just 23 a very young 23 to be honest and as far as we were concerned he was ok, we knew he had girlfriend problems but nothing that any of us would probably not gone through years ago.

My Son, obviously his Father, went to the tree that he hung himself from today, he rung me from the spot, crying his eyes out but he said he just had to go there to try and find out why? needless to say he found no answers but he laid a bunch of flowers at the bottom of the tree and it helped him a bit i guess.

My wife and I are broken people at the moment, we sort of bought him up from a young age and i suppose in many ways we treated him more like a son, but he was always our first Grandson and we were so proud of him, it goes without saying other close members of my family are devastated as well.

maybe putting this on here will help a bit i really honestly don't know, we have never, thank god, had anything like this before!

Some of Michaels friends have started up a "GO FUND ME" page, the young girl who thought the world of Michael did this herself to start with and she did the forword to it which still brings me to tears when i read it, if anyone does want to chuck in a few quid for the Charity then thats great and thank you, if you don't no worries but please do try and read the forward - just for total transparency, some of the money will go towards the funeral costs as there was no insurance and my son cant afford anything as he is out of work (we will pay the rest) but a large amount will go to the charity MIND they are a great charity who have been going many years and try to help people like my Grandson - anyway the choice is yours, the link is below and you will see the latest photo of Michael on it, yes he does look so young but he was just 23! Thanks for reading this, and I know some will comment and in advance i thank you for that.

Thanks Tony

https://www.gofundme.com/f/michael-sparkes-team-994?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Sadly, our family has known similar tragedy in an early loss of life and I send you and yours my deepest sympathy. There is nothing I can offer you at present whilst the memories are so raw, but in time, you will learn to live with the tragedy, even if that seems hard to comprehend now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just horrible news, such a waste of a young life. I can't even begin to imagine the agony you're going through with this, my thoughts are with you.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
No words. This is something you would never expect to go through, nor should anyone.

Thoughts and prayers with yourself and your family.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm so, so sorry for you, hitony.

I don't think I've ever read anything quite as sad and distressing as the pain you and all your family must be feeling right now. Whenever you have posted on here you are one of the most polite and friendliest posters. I hope in time you can remember the happy and special times you spent with Michael. I feel like weeping - a good friend lost his younger brother to suicide a few years ago after he couldn't settle up north when starting university. It hit everyone of us around him hard.

In time I hope your pain will heal and things will begin to get better. My thoughts and condolences are with you and your family. Take care mate. x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here