Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 2 nights ago my Grandson committed suicide MIND Charity

May 4, 2020
He must've been in horrific pain. So sad to hear of your extremely painful loss. You just wish you could've been there to stop him which I'm sure everyone has thought reading this. But it was meant to be. Terrible, terrible experience for all your family and I do hope you can get through this coming out stronger. But on a positive, I don't believe anyone truly dies. It's a transition, so he's still very close to all of you right now. It's just a lot harder to pick up on when he's trying to communicate with you, but he's not gone! Your choice to believe that, but I'm 101% sure if it.
Anyways, sorry for the spiritual preaching. I've showed your post to a few family members which got us all talking about mental health and what needs to be done to stop things like what's just happened to your grandson ever happening again. So thankyou for being brave enough to put this on here. It raises awareness of a very important subject with much force.
Good luck with this unbearable period of your life and I'll be sending out positive thoughts to you and all your family.

God bless

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
As I can't put into better words than I did in my post number 110 I can only copy and paste it to underline how amazing NSC have been, To those that have so kindly donated on Michaels "Go Fund" page, I am meeting Taylor the girl who started the page for Michael, at 3pm today and she will decide how to split the amazing amount of money that has been raised for Michaels Funeral and the brilliant Charity "MAIN" who are just amazing!

Michaels Funeral is May 21st at 12noon, sadly as it stands at the moment only 10 people can go which exists of direct close family, but i have been made aware that all of Michaels friends are planning a properly organised "Socially distancing" 2 mitre apart, line up the road to pay their respects to Michael, fortunatly the road is plenty long enough to accomadate this, the car carrying the coffin will pass all of them as it leads towards the crem, I am sure there will be photos taken and I will try and post a couple of them on here assuming i can.

Anyway, thanks again to all that have commented and also those who donated, hopefully the below says it all from us.

Rose and I really want to say thanks each and every one of you not only for your amazing words of kindness but also for the amazing generosity that you have shown towards Mikes Go Fund Page, we are at a loss at how to thank you all, I have seen how NSC can be your best friend in times of trouble, but you guys have truly been amazing.

Thank you all so much, it does and has helped us both a massive amount, just reading the messages.

I will let you know how the final sums of the donations are used, I have been in close contact with Taylor and we have agreed a large amount will go to the charity MIND and hopefullly it will help others not to do what our Grandson did and as i have read on here, some others have, even if its only one kid saved, its worked!

We are keeping a very close eye on our son, he is completely aware of how generous you all have been towards his son, when i showed him many of the comments, he cried he was so emotionally charged with all the kind messages.

So From Myself, Rose & Scott ----- THANK YOU NORTH STAND CHAT! xx

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As I can't put into better words than I did in my post number 110 I can only copy and paste it to underline how amazing NSC have been, To those that have so kindly donated on Michaels "Go Fund" page, I am meeting Taylor the girl who started the page for Michael, at 3pm today and she will decide how to split the amazing amount of money that has been raised for Michaels Funeral and the brilliant Charity "MAIN" who are just amazing!

Michaels Funeral is May 21st at 12noon, sadly as it stands at the moment only 10 people can go which exists of direct close family, but i have been made aware that all of Michaels friends are planning a properly organised "Socially distancing" 2 mitre apart, line up the road to pay their respects to Michael, fortunatly the road is plenty long enough to accomadate this, the car carrying the coffin will pass all of them as it leads towards the crem, I am sure there will be photos taken and I will try and post a couple of them on here assuming i can.

Anyway, thanks again to all that have commented and also those who donated, hopefully the below says it all from us.

Rose and I really want to say thanks each and every one of you not only for your amazing words of kindness but also for the amazing generosity that you have shown towards Mikes Go Fund Page, we are at a loss at how to thank you all, I have seen how NSC can be your best friend in times of trouble, but you guys have truly been amazing.

Thank you all so much, it does and has helped us both a massive amount, just reading the messages.

I will let you know how the final sums of the donations are used, I have been in close contact with Taylor and we have agreed a large amount will go to the charity MIND and hopefullly it will help others not to do what our Grandson did and as i have read on here, some others have, even if its only one kid saved, its worked!

We are keeping a very close eye on our son, he is completely aware of how generous you all have been towards his son, when i showed him many of the comments, he cried he was so emotionally charged with all the kind messages.

So From Myself, Rose & Scott ----- THANK YOU NORTH STAND CHAT! xx

i am gutted for you mate , gutted .... i lost my mum on sunday morning , but she was 93.....you have my warmest , heartfelt condolences...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
i am gutted for you mate , gutted .... i lost my mum on sunday morning , but she was 93.....you have my warmest , heartfelt condolences...

Sorry to hear that :(

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005

Thank you, Really am sorry to hear about your Mum mate, age matters not alot its the person, You have my heartfelt condoences mate RIP x

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So sorry for your loss. You sharing it with us on NSC will hopefully help you and your family, but undoubtedly it will help us to take that little bit of extra attention to those we love.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Thank you, Really am sorry to hear about your Mum mate, age matters not alot its the person, You have my heartfelt condoences mate RIP x

Thanks...we knew it was coming , she'd had no visitors for 6 weeks which was the hardest part.... not like losing a son or grandson though..x

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So sorry for your loss. Thoughts are with you and all of Mike's family and friends at this horrific time x

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I am so sorry for your loss. The young have a really hard time - we forget that. It must be bewildering for them, especially in their early 20's and at this time.

Ive been typing, deleting and re-typing, but I have failed in what I want to say. I want to say something that will make you feel better - but what? All I can say, is that I am truly thinking of you, your son, family and friends, and esp your poor grandson.

I have taken your advice - given my daughter a hug.

Take care

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I am so sorry for your loss. The young have a really hard time - we forget that. It must be bewildering for them, especially in their early 20's and at this time.

Ive been typing, deleting and re-typing, but I have failed in what I want to say. I want to say something that will make you feel better - but what? All I can say, is that I am truly thinking of you, your son, family and friends, and esp your poor grandson.

I have taken your advice - given my daughter a hug.

Take care

People who know me in the real world have not a clue what to say mate so really don't worry, the fact you posted and said what you did is good enough for me and my wife and of course my son (who is reading this at times as a guest)

Really am so pleased you gave your daughter a hug, it makes you feel so much better eh :)

I would like to reply to every message but I fear thats just not possible at the moment, maybe in time to come?

Thanks

Tony

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Absolutely awful, awful news. All my love & condolences to you hitony & all your family. Honour Michael's memory by being strong & getting yourselves through this terrible time. x

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
So much of what is posted on here I read, disect and ignore (hence the post count over many years). Occasionally there is a moment that hits home the importance of having a platform such as NSC for advice, support and to express feelings.

I send you my heartfelt sympathy and prayers for you and your entire family, as well as everyone that your grandson knew. Take each day as it comes and I hope that, in time, you will come to remember the good times shared and smile

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Absolutely heartbreaking, Tony. Sincere condolences to you, your family and your grandson's friends. Having two young kids myself, I can't begin to imagine what you're all going through, but judging by the volume of lovely comments on this thread you're certainly not facing any of this alone. I've tried to come up with more to say on this, but nothing really seems to sound appropriate. At bedtime tonight, I tucked both of my kids in, gave them an extra long hug and tried to explain to them why the world is so different right now (the same conversation we have nightly at the moment). It's easy to forget how tough these times are for the young ones.

I hope the funeral goes as well as it can be. I'll be thinking of you all on the day.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can’t begin to comprehend your family’s loss Tony. So tragic when the mind doesn’t seem to be able to reconcile itself to any kind of normality.

It’s been 3 years since we lost a very dear friend of mine. Lovely house, 2 young children, happy marriage, financially secure, and yet one day Mum and kids went out for the day and when back he’d gone. I’d spoken to him a few times before, he’d seemed down for sure, he hadn’t been sleeping well but was seeing his GP, was talking to his wife, I wasn’t alarmed really and I was suffering with a bit of stress and anxiety as it was on a project anyway. Week before I was due to meet up with him but I couldn’t as I was suffering with a bout of chronic back pain, nothing I could do about it, but always wondered if I’d have picked up where he was in his head.

We’ll never know of course, and in many ways that is just so hard. His mum went with he had a befuddled brain with the kids, I haven’t caught up with them in a while and maybe I should.

What no one can do is blame themselves, not your son, your family, his friends. Everyone will have heartbreaking what ifs, but we just don’t know what can trigger such thoughts or actions or mindset. Impossible to put yourself in that place, drive yourself mad trying. You should in one form or another all try some form of councelling, as a friend said to me there is nothing better than talking things through with someone who has no vested interest in you.

Thoughts go with all.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
So Sorry to hear this terrible news. There are no words that i can say,just thoughts and support for you and your family, i hope you can somehow, someway move on given time. R.I.P to your grandson.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Oh [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] - my heart broke reading that. I hope you and the family are doing as well as you can be during what must be an awful time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here