Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 More Empty Seats for the Rest of the Season. Another Loyal Supporter Lost.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I hope Barber doesn't have to deal personally and immediately every time someone emails him direct about every single instance of every mundane issue.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
It's more a fine to act as a deterrent on being careless rather than representative of the cost of replacing a card.

So surely a genuine loss for the first time doesnt justify 25 quid? People do lose things, as mentioned before banks dont charge and i am sure no one loses them on purpose regardless if they know going to be charges 25 quid!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So surely a genuine loss for the first time doesnt justify 25 quid? People do lose things, as mentioned before banks dont charge and i am sure no one loses them on purpose regardless if they know going to be charges 25 quid!

Yes. I was just giving the rationale that exists independent of the actual club of replacing a card, not that I agree with the club's position.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you should murder a club employee. Any less is pandering to them.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Paid outright.

I was extremely polite on the phone. But the man said there was no way around it.

If you don't get no joy with the club, I will chuck a tenner in towards replacement,,tis the season of good will after all :) good luck

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I have two season tickets in the East Upper. Have been a season ticket holder for 6 years now. I travel back from Devon for home matches and get to about ten away games a season (money permitting.) I buy programmes, merchandise and am a member of the seagulls lotto scheme. Unfortunately though I have fallen out of love with the club. I am currently unemployed and seeking work after relocating to Devon. Money is tight (I know I'm not the only one.) I was looking forward to going to Saturdays game and celebrating my birthday with a friend and hopefully 3 points. However 2 days ago I lost or had my wallet stolen. In my wallet was money which I received for Xmas, bank cards and my 2 season tickets. I have just phoned the club and been told it will cost £25 EACH to replace the 2 cards. Money I simply don't have. I don't think this is acceptable and I think the fans are being exploited. I absolutely loved this club and anyone who knows me would back that up. I think unless the fans make a stand against this new era they will be further exploited.

Hope you all enjoy the game.
Rant over
Sorry to hear you're going through hard times, but I think you'll find this fee was pointed out in the t's and c's when you brought the st's, further more unless you paid upfront you'll still be liable to pay your direct debits. Not too much you can do about it I am afraid, just hoping the police find the scum bag who stole your wallet and/or hope some hands it in.... Good luck!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sorry to hear you're going through hard times, but I think you'll find this fee was pointed out in the t's and c's when you brought the st's, further more unless you paid upfront you'll still be liable to pay your direct debits. Not too much you can do about it I am afraid, just hoping the police find the scum bag who stole your wallet and/or hope some hands it in.... Good luck!!

Will you chuck in a tenner as well?

(This is easy money off people who don't read a thread all the way through).

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Will you chuck in a tenner as well?

(This is easy money off people who don't read a thread all the way through).

Yeah, I posted the above as thought it had only just been posted, then saw the other seven pages. Oops

I think I'd email someone at the club and point out the situation, if needed barber. I have noticed banks do not charge these fees and i am sure they will handle this case separately :ffsparr:

Regards chipping in... I notice this thread has over 5000 views, that's 0.01p each... Problem solved.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This. I am sure it will turn up though. I bet it's something simple, like his mate picking up the wrong wallet or something.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

This is the Albion, not f***ing Tesco.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I believe this fee was increased, after the fact. The club charter was changed without notice after the season had started.

That's the only part of it I disagree with. Other than that I don't have a problem with the £25 fee for people who have "lost" their card as a deterrent to those who give their card away to sell an unused ticket, then just get a replacement card. If the number of people claiming lost cards has reduced, then it is apparently working. Just should have been in the original charter

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
A couple of things,
If the £25 is a deterrent to selling your matches. It's only £5 to get a paper ticket printed, So just charge what your seat per game is and +£5 for a paper ticket and then the £25 for losing the card and being used as a deterrant to passing cards around is nullified so I dont get why the club charge that amount. It should just be £5 to replace and also when you get a new card the old one is useless, no matches loaded or anything. Also if you have a police report, I dont think they should be charging anything.
I do get the fact that the club dont want loads of cards flying around because of the free transport, but £5 for a new card and the bother of getting one should be enough of a deterrent. Its crazy to charge £25!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Interesting fact about losing a train season ticket is if you have you are invited to a preliminary interview, amazing how many claims stop there

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do get the fact that the club dont want loads of cards flying around because of the free transport

Good point. I had not thought of this. If it was free or cheap then you could 'loose' the smartcard and get a replacement for a partner to use as a Travelcard in Brighton every day the Albion are at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here