2 More Empty Seats for the Rest of the Season. Another Loyal Supporter Lost.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I understand covering admin costs as I understand that this probably happens fairly regularly. What I don't understand is how they would get to £25 per ticket.

getting the chief exec involved to deal with each lost ticket for starters

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Somehow i bent my card last season, took it to the shop, bloke made me a new one in about 20seconds - no charge

Thats because you had the card to swap. Apparently the chips inside the card fail every now and again.... I found this out earlier on this season when in my haste went to walk through the gate and hit my gentleman sausage on the bar. I went to the ticket office and he replaced it in 20 seconds Free.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thats because you had the card to swap. Apparently the chips inside the card fail every now and again.... I found this out earlier on this season when in my haste went to walk through the gate and hit my gentleman sausage on the bar. I went to the ticket office and he replaced it in 20 seconds Free.

He replaced your gentleman sausage so quickly?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So let me get this straight.

The OP, flounced, because he wanted the club to re-issue a season ticket for £25 each, which is well publicised to stop timewasters and people playing the system, because his wallet had been nicked. Instead his wallet was 'lost' at a friends.

Sounds like £25 fee is about right to me, if it stops this kind of thing and makes people more careful.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Did you ask for a bigger one:ohmy:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So if I hit my Gentleman's Sausage on the bar in DICKS tomorrow will I get served quicker or be arrested???

Depends if it comes with onions, I guess.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My wife mislaid her ST a few weeks back.... paid the £25, got a replacement, then found the original. I think the £25 is a bit steep, but is there to discourage frivolrous replacements being requested etc. I think there should be a waiver in cases of theft or your house burning down etc.... but my wife now makes sure whe knows exactly where her card is... so its taught her a lesson.

I love your fjords btw.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Make a false report of crime to police? Fixed penalty charge for wasting police time is £80.

Personally, I'd probably take the £25.

Oh yes sorry i forgot we all live in a perfect world! The club can also do no wrong it appears in your eyes, the argument here is how can they justify 25 pound and trust me i know the true cost of this kind of thing but you go on and keep defending every business decision they make . We are all loyal fans but that does not mean we do not have a right to question their policies , in particular this one.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Oh yes sorry i forgot we all live in a perfect world! The club can also do no wrong it appears in your eyes, the argument here is how can they justify 25 pound and trust me i know the true cost of this kind of thing but you go on and keep defending every business decision they make . We are all loyal fans but that does not mean we do not have a right to question their policies , in particular this one.

It's more a fine to act as a deterrent on being careless rather than representative of the cost of replacing a card.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports