Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 More Empty Seats for the Rest of the Season. Another Loyal Supporter Lost.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
£50 for two replacements is an absolute joke! Shame, because knowing you personally I can vouch that the club will be losing a loyal fan.

Hope it gets sorted Aaron.

Knowing Aaron for a long time too I can also vouch that he is very loyal to the Albion and what the club are asking for is a joke.

I too hope you get it sorted mate!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The CEO of any company or organisation is hardly instrumental in the day to day running of the company

True...which is why he forwarded the email I guess. So, in your mind, what has happened? Atilla fibbed? Barber has a monkey to reply to his emails? What is it?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
is Barber realy likely to be working today?

Even if he's not actually AT work I would bet that any e-mails he gets go to his phone/tablet/whatever in case there's anything he needs to deal with while out of the office, so he could have forwarded it easily enough from home if that were the case.

As usual, negative whinging crap from Nutter.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well then we all know what to do shall we 'lose' our cards!

Make a false report of crime to police? Fixed penalty charge for wasting police time is £80.

Personally, I'd probably take the £25.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I would imagine PB has a Blackberry or iPhone to access his emails wherever he is. Gone are the days when people could only access email from their desk.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Knowing Aaron for a long time too I can also vouch that he is very loyal to the Albion and what the club are asking for is a joke.

I too hope you get it sorted mate!

Have you not bothered to read the whole thread? :facepalm:

Lush

Mods' Pet
This from Paul Barber: coherently put. I can see his argument, especially with the caveat that if it is a genuine theft there should be no charge. Still don't agree though.

'Replacement fees are only payable if cards are lost. They are a valuable asset and must be cared for. Their loss causes various administrative and security issues for the club.

If we had to employ extra match day staff to cancel, replace, and re-set hundreds of cards per game - because it was free or very low cost to do - then our costs would rise substantially and all fans would end up paying more as these costs would have to be recovered. In my mind, that is not fair.

This fee system means that only those people who do not care for their cards pay. If the cards are stolen, and there's a verifiable crime number, the fee usually waived. As I said previously, since introduction, the number of cards lost or stolen has dropped dramatically.
We are becoming a very big club, John, attracting tens of thousands of fans every match. It is essential our ticketing policies and our work practices reflect this.'

To be honest, there's not a lot of this I disagree with. Even Albion fans can be fuckwits.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
This from Paul Barber: coherently put. I can see his argument, especially with the caveat that if it is a genuine theft there should be no charge. Still don't agree though.

'Replacement fees are only payable if cards are lost. They are a valuable asset and must be cared for. Their loss causes various administrative and security issues for the club.

If we had to employ extra match day staff to cancel, replace, and re-set hundreds of cards per game - because it was free or very low cost to do - then our costs would rise substantially and all fans would end up paying more as these costs would have to be recovered. In my mind, that is not fair.

This fee system means that only those people who do not care for their cards pay. If the cards are stolen, and there's a verifiable crime number, the fee usually waived. As I said previously, since introduction, the number of cards lost or stolen has dropped dramatically.
We are becoming a very big club, John, attracting tens of thousands of fans every match. It is essential our ticketing policies and our work practices reflect this.'

Sounds more like being inconvenienced, all they have to do is block the lost/stolen card.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For those who have just joined this thread:

-the original poster lost his season ticket card

-he called the Albion to say he'd either lost it or had it nicked

-because he didn't specifically say it had been nicked, they told him the standard charge would be £25, as per all lost tickets

-he came on here to tell us how unfair it all was

-he found out it wasn't stolen but a mate had it by mistake

-so he now has his wallet

-the Albion haven't charged him anything.

-and they wouldn't have charged him had he specified that it had been stolen in the first place.

I'm off to live happily ever after.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

-because he didn't specifically say it had been nicked, they told him the standard charge would be £25, as per all lost tickets

-and they wouldn't have charged him had he specified that it had been stolen in the first place.

When's the film release of this?

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
£25 is an absolute joke. I would love to see the breakdown of the administrative or stewarding costs. Its basically cancel card, change on system and print new card isnt it? If not the club are a bit behind the times. If I lose my bank card I would be pretty annoyed to have to pay £25. OK if someone is continually losing cards I can see the club taking a stance but really, making out that someone who loses a card is some sort of careless, mindless idiot who deserves to be ripped of is a bit of a joke and something I feel rather uncomfortable with. If costs can be justified, fine, but in this case I dont think they can.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When's the film release of this?

June 2014.

Starring Orlando Bloom as the wronged punter, with Keira Knightley as Hapless Ticket Office Girl #1, Alan Rickman as the villainous Barber, and Dame Judi Dench as M.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
£25 is an absolute joke. I would love to see the breakdown of the administrative or stewarding costs. Its basically cancel card, change on system and print new card isnt it? If not the club are a bit behind the times. If I lose my bank card I would be pretty annoyed to have to pay £25. OK if someone is continually losing cards I can see the club taking a stance but really, making out that someone who loses a card is some sort of careless, mindless idiot who deserves to be ripped of is a bit of a joke and something I feel rather uncomfortable with. If costs can be justified, fine, but in this case I dont think they can.

i think they have spent a lot of time, including someone getting the chief exec involved on their behalf, and it turns out his mates got it after all! and people still wont have it that they have to cover admin costs as this is surely just a one in a million event never likely to be repeated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
June 2014.

Starring Orlando Bloom as the wronged punter, with Keira Knightley as Hapless Ticket Office Girl #1, Alan Rickman as the villainous Barber, and Dame Judi Dench as M.

I reckon Javier Bardem will make a great Barber.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
i think they have spent a lot of time, including someone getting the chief exec involved on their behalf, and it turns out his mates got it after all! and people still wont have it that they have to cover admin costs as this is surely just a one in a million event never likely to be repeated.

I understand covering admin costs as I understand that this probably happens fairly regularly. What I don't understand is how they would get to £25 per ticket.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would imagine PB has a Blackberry or iPhone to access his emails wherever he is. Gone are the days when people could only access email from their desk.

You reckon?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Twas a thrilling yarn of misunderstandings and false accusations culminating in one of the most respected members of the community being accused of fibs. Almost a modern version of Much Ado About Nothing, including a madman who talks nothing but tripe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here