Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 More Empty Seats for the Rest of the Season. Another Loyal Supporter Lost.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I have two season tickets in the East Upper. Have been a season ticket holder for 6 years now. I travel back from Devon for home matches and get to about ten away games a season (money permitting.) I buy programmes, merchandise and am a member of the seagulls lotto scheme. Unfortunately though I have fallen out of love with the club. I am currently unemployed and seeking work after relocating to Devon. Money is tight (I know I'm not the only one.) I was looking forward to going to Saturdays game and celebrating my birthday with a friend and hopefully 3 points. However 2 days ago I lost or had my wallet stolen. In my wallet was money which I received for Xmas, bank cards and my 2 season tickets. I have just phoned the club and been told it will cost £25 EACH to replace the 2 cards. Money I simply don't have. I don't think this is acceptable and I think the fans are being exploited. I absolutely loved this club and anyone who knows me would back that up. I think unless the fans make a stand against this new era they will be further exploited.

Hope you all enjoy the game.
Rant over

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Write to the club and tell them of your situation. If they have any sense they will waive the fee. £25 is a ridiculous amount to charge - I could understand a fiver to cover admin costs, but not more than that. I wonder how the club can possibly justify this?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I have two season tickets in the East Upper. Have been a season ticket holder for 6 years now. I travel back from Devon for home matches and get to about ten away games a season (money permitting.) I buy programmes, merchandise and am a member of the seagulls lotto scheme. Unfortunately though I have fallen out of love with the club. I am currently unemployed and seeking work after relocating to Devon. Money is tight (I know I'm not the only one.) I was looking forward to going to Saturdays game and celebrating my birthday with a friend and hopefully 3 points. However 2 days ago I lost or had my wallet stolen. In my wallet was money which I received for Xmas, bank cards and my 2 season tickets. I have just phoned the club and been told it will cost £25 EACH to replace the 2 cards. Money I simply don't have. I don't think this is acceptable and I think the fans are being exploited. I absolutely loved this club and anyone who knows me would back that up. I think unless the fans make a stand against this new era they will be further exploited.

Rant over

I couldn't find my ST card recently and they said if it was just lost i would have to pay the £25 charge, if it had been stolen then they don't charge a fee.

Report the missing wallet to the Police and they should give you a reference number, and contact the club again and they should issue you a new card.

( I eventually found my card again after going everywhere i had been in the days before discovering it was missing and found that a supermarket had it in their lost property, they hadn't informed the club or Police but just put in a drawer)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd be reluctant to entirely disengage and swear yourself off the club based on one phonecall.

Agree totally however that £25 a ticket is totally BATSHITMENTAL.

You relocated to Devon - Not The Clubs fault
You are unemployed - Not The Clubs fault
You lost your wallet - Not the clubs fault
In your wallet was your season tickets on a non-matchday - Not the Clubs fault
In your wallet was the only disposable income you have days before you were going to use it - Not the Clubs fault

I don't get it.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
£50 for two replacements is an absolute joke! Shame, because knowing you personally I can vouch that the club will be losing a loyal fan.

Hope it gets sorted Aaron.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I told them it had been lost or stolen. I am unsure which. I have a crime number as I reported it. Never in 6 years have I caused the club a problem. If anybody wants a different view in the east stand feel free to try my seats!

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
You relocated to Devon - Not The Clubs fault
You are unemployed - Not The Clubs fault
You lost your wallet - Not the clubs fault
In your wallet was your season tickets on a non-matchday - Not the Clubs fault
In your wallet was the only disposable income you have days before you were going to use it - Not the Clubs fault

I don't get it.
I'm not blaming the club. My ST works out at £25 a game. So they are effectively saying that they value a match day experience (inc travel) is of the same value as a small bit of plastic.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I told them it had been lost or stolen. I am unsure which. I have a crime number as I reported it. Never in 6 years have I caused the club a problem. If anybody wants a different view in the east stand feel free to try my seats!

If you speak nicely to the right people, rather than venting on here for attention, you'll get this sorted out with a minimum of fuss.

And if you genuinely can't (or choose not to) go to games, then I suggest you put your seats on the official ticket exchange, starting with tomorrow's match - you might get some of your money back that way.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not blaming the club. My ST works out at £25 a game. So they are effectively saying that they value a match day experience (inc travel) is of the same value as a small bit of plastic.

We all know why the charge is there - to discourage the selling on of tickets. its not designed for your situation. Speak to the ticket office manager, nicely.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Given the circumstances it does seem harsh to be charging the full 'penalty' to replace your cards. I would suggest calling the club and ask to speak to Paul Barber. He probably won't take your call personally but I'm sure his PA will pass your concerns on, hopefully with acceptable results for yourself. :)

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Out of interest did you pay out right or by direct debit? If it's the latter are you going to cancel your direct debit?

Paid outright.

I was extremely polite on the phone. But the man said there was no way around it.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If the club are paying more than £3 for the card they are using they are using the wrong supplier and since it was my company that sold them part of the system they are using I'm pretty sure they aren't!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Rant over
Sorry to hear about your current problems, but I reckon the club would waive the fee if you explain to them your circumstances. They'd have to be very hard nosed not to imo.

Good luck, and keep fighting.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I thought that £25 was excessive, if i had been a new ST holder this season i would have been issued a new card but because i renewed i wasn't sent one but continue to use my existing one. I can't see why they can't do something like have a one free replacement a season (or just minimum costs charged) if a card is lost or stolen (if you had a ST card the previous season and no new card sent to you in the closed season)

I suggest you go back to everywhere you have been since you last knew you had your cards / wallet and ask if they have been handed in and hopefully it will turn up somewhere. That's what i did and i eventually found it again after much searching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here