Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
we've literally won at every negiotiation with them in recent years

cucurella - big win
sanchez - good fee for him but he could theoretically turn into a world beater
potter and co - worked out fantastically for us
caicedo - huge win for us

only one we could do with having back is Bruno
Would you want you’re girlfriend back after she’s spent nearly a year shagging a bloke with genital warts, no thanks🤢

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I wonder if Tony did a David Shepherd hop when the price hit £111M

1691742855254.png

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
But I guess that was never realistically going to happen, however much we'd hope it would. Whilst we rinse the big clubs for all they're worth, we still have our place in the food chain and £111m is insane money.

Got three weeks now to finish up our own transfer business and enjoy what should be a phenomenal season for us.
Hopefully we’ll unearth another Moises, but it has blown a big hole in our amazing team right now. I don’t think I’m wrong to be feeling a bit sad this morning.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

cucurella - big win

Plus I don’t count Colwill as a failure. I said throughout that the Chavs would never sell him to anyone. On rubbish pay, he wasn’t going wait 2 more years to escape.

It was worth asking.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

cucurella - big win

No way I'd want him back, he's a snake in the grass.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Hopefully we’ll unearth another Moises, but it has blown a big hole in our amazing team right now. I don’t think I’m wrong to be feeling a bit sad this morning.
I know what you mean, i feel the same, but I think he was gone once Chelsea started shit stirring anyway. It's just a case of making his going as beneficial to us as possible

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I shall bounce this when Mo Dahoud powers through him and scores to seal the win in Dublin at the end of this season.

Sep 9, 2010
Hold up. I'm confused.

Weren't we told by lots of Chelsea fans that holding him prisoner would ruin our chances of ever signing another talented youngster? I was on the verge of calling the modern slavery helpline.

Yet it would appear the opposite is true. We've helped make him into one of the most expensive players ever.

What a signal to send out to future transfer targets.

I do also think the sell on clause when we first bought MC, far from being a negative, was actually a stroke of genius. Although, granted we take a hit on the profit this time around (ahhh well....only the 80+m profit then), it does give us some bargaining power when spending in the future. We might just avoid getting rinsed by demonstrating just how much "sell on" profit is in the pipeline.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I know what you mean, i feel the same, but I think he was gone once Chelsea started shit stirring anyway. It's just a case of making his going as beneficial to us as possible
To be honest he was gone as soon as the Arse offered 70m in January, I’m gutted. Gutted that our midfield is now Liverpools. It’s gonna hurt seeing them line up against us.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I will take a really sad fucker to booo either Alexis or Caicedo.
Indeed. Chelsea deserve it but Liverpool have just got on with the deal whilst showing maximum respect to our club.

A quote from that;

‘While all the noise was around Chelsea's efforts to sign Caicedo, it is understood Reds chief executive Billy Hogan worked quietly behind the scenes to get this deal in place.

Brighton had a figure they wanted for Caicedo - someone they believe could go on to become one of the world's best - and Hogan's approach allowed Liverpool to get there.

It left Chelsea out-negotiated and out-manoeuvred and may deliver to Klopp one of the most exciting talents in the Premier League - albeit at a fee that reflects that.’

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Like I said, I hope not - but if Chelsea are offering personal terms £10-20-30-50K a week more than Liverpool, Caicedo's agent will be fighting it tooth and nail (including persuading young naive Moises he needs to sulk and down tools if necessary!)
Think you got that all wrong, mate....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So the club are much better than Chelsea and know a lot more (as do our fans) then Chelsea fans. Madness.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Indeed. Chelsea deserve it but Liverpool have just got on with the deal whilst showing maximum respect to our club.

A quote from that;

‘While all the noise was around Chelsea's efforts to sign Caicedo, it is understood Reds chief executive Billy Hogan worked quietly behind the scenes to get this deal in place.

Brighton had a figure they wanted for Caicedo - someone they believe could go on to become one of the world's best - and Hogan's approach allowed Liverpool to get there.

It left Chelsea out-negotiated and out-manoeuvred and may deliver to Klopp one of the most exciting talents in the Premier League - albeit at a fee that reflects that.’
Hope this is a lesson for the big teams. Keep quiet, respect us, don't unsettle our player and you get him if you offer the right price.
Thought Chelsea had learnt this lesson with Cucurella. They worked quietly in the background and got the player. Then they start acting like Man City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports