Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £115m

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Happy that we get £110m but there is nothing that could get me wishing Liverpool well I’m afraid!

Also it’s bizarre that they said they couldn’t afford Jude Bellingham, yet are paying a very similar fee here. Something there isn’t totally above board, but I guess that’s their problem (or not).

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Didn't expect to wake up to this, but well played by TB & PBOBE. Just need to fill the gap he leaves now

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I think we’d all rather have kept Moises. Life goes on.

But I guess that was never realistically going to happen, however much we'd hope it would. Whilst we rinse the big clubs for all they're worth, we still have our place in the food chain and £111m is insane money.

Got three weeks now to finish up our own transfer business and enjoy what should be a phenomenal season for us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They’ll be a lesson being learnt throughout South American football clubs today. If Brighton come knocking, sell to them first!
And to think Man Utd couldn’t be bothered with the hassle.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Happy that we get £110m but there is nothing that could get me wishing Liverpool well I’m afraid!

Also it’s bizarre that they said they couldn’t afford Jude Bellingham, yet are paying a very similar fee here. Something there isn’t totally above board, but I guess that’s their problem (or not).
Different gravy.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I originally thought this too, but then was told that they have the Saudi money for the sales of Henderson and Fabinho, makes sense.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I suspect they found out that Bellingham wanted Madrid.

The last thing they’d have wanted would have been to look like Chelsea are looking this morning: completely blown out.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Well done to TB & PB :clap2: and thank gosh it's not Chelsea.

£111m is an insane amount of money and could go towards many sectors in the club - not only player transfers, but other areas such as infrastructure and the women's/youth teams too!

EDIT: Oh wait, is it now time to get Colwill and Kudus :unsure:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
20% in add-ons but I think 5% of that might be going to another club?

22m in total and I imagine life changing for Independiente del Valle who I think have already said they will be opening a training centre in Moises's name.
20% and 5% I think.

Independiente kept ‘20% of his training rights’ moving forwards.
Thus, if his suitors were to sign the player for $127m this summer, his former club would pocket around $25.4m and Espoli, the side who discovered Caicedo and still own 5% of his rights, would receive $6.35m.

courtesy

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Have there been any “I didn’t rate him anyway 😭 “?

Last night I spotted “We shouldn’t do business with Brighton ever again”.
we've literally won at every negiotiation with them in recent years

cucurella - big win
sanchez - good fee for him but he could theoretically turn into a world beater
potter and co - worked out fantastically for us
caicedo - huge win for us

only one we could do with having back is Bruno

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Obviously we can’t turn down that money but have a sense of sadness over whole situation.

Unfortunately money doesn’t get you points and wins (which is why we all go to games).

2 good seasons and we get ripped apart by the vultures.

I have faith in us replacing well but ultimately the replacements will be gone in a year if they dare to be good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here