Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatter gone

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Blatter is NOT GOING ANYWHERE! He will do a Farage - mark my words. The election will be set for next March, plenty of time to change his mind. Meantime he will ensure FIFA remains the same with his corrupt supporters in status quo. He will ensure 100% the 2018 & 2022 World Cups go ahead. He has done this to head off UEFA's meeting on Saturday to ensure they don't boycott FIFA or the upcoming World Cups. Remember, he has changed his mind before and is a political genius; profoundly adept at keeping power. NO CHANGE HERE FOLKS!

Edit: In addition, in case it's not clear; he is still a ****

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33126284

Domenico Scala, chairman of Fifa's audit and compliance committee, said it was "indispensable to follow with the initiated process of the president's change as has been announced".

The statement was in response to a report that Blatter could try to stay Fifa president, despite announcing on 2 June his intention to step down as head of world football's governing body.

(Personally i think this very public statement is a don't even think about it Blatter; clearly he doesn't trust his word!)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is Bl@tter mentally ill or something?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Does anybody seriously believe Blatter was being genuine when he resigned? He has always intended to serve his full term and will unless he is arrested or shot. He still controls world football.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Sepp Blatter says he has not resigned as Fifa president.

The 79-year-old Swiss was thought to have ended his 17-year reign on 2 June amid claims of corruption in world football's governing body.

But, according to Swiss newspaper Blick, Blatter told a party at a Fifa museum: "I did not resign. I put myself and my office in the hands of the Fifa congress."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33284185

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
"Sepp Blatter says he has not resigned as Fifa president.

The 79-year-old Swiss was thought to have ended his 17-year reign on 2 June amid claims of corruption in world football's governing body.

But, according to Swiss newspaper Blick, Blatter told a party at a Fifa museum: "I did not resign. I put myself and my office in the hands of the Fifa congress."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33284185

I think he may have Alzheimer's poor fellow

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Blatter's fake resignation was prior to the UEFA meeting at the Champions League Final. It was done to pacify UEFA to prevent talks of World Cup boycotts & the set-up of a new FIFA. Now that the dust has settled and there are no plans to boycott the world cups etc, Blatter will fight to keep his position. What ever you say about the old ****; he is a political genius of the highest order.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Blatter's fake resignation was prior to the UEFA meeting at the Champions League Final. It was done to pacify UEFA to prevent talks of World Cup boycotts & the set-up of a new FIFA. Now that the dust has settled and there are no plans to boycott the world cups etc, Blatter will fight to keep his position.
Indeed. So back to the plan then - UEFA has to leave FIFA. Given Blatter's u-turn, UEFA need to meet asap to discuss leaving FIFA.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Blatter's fake resignation was prior to the UEFA meeting at the Champions League Final. It was done to pacify UEFA to prevent talks of World Cup boycotts & the set-up of a new FIFA. Now that the dust has settled and there are no plans to boycott the world cups etc, Blatter will fight to keep his position. What ever you say about the old ****; he is a political genius of the highest order.

This all over.

How can this be allowed to happen, someone or a country/ countries must take a stand.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
He may have a talent for survival but he's destroying any credibility FIFA may have had left! He's blinded by his own ego and need for power.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
What a clever, yet intensely dislikeable, man.

It sounds distinctly like he'll be running for election again, which I've no doubt he'll bloody win.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I was reading this morning that Blatter has yet to attend the Womens World Cup and is unlikely to do so. FIFA did confirm though that he will attend the forthcoming world cup draw in Russia.

The FBI can arrest him in Canada, they can't touch him in Russia or Switzerland, but that's just a coincidence of course.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was reading this morning that Blatter has yet to attend the Womens World Cup and is unlikely to do so. FIFA did confirm though that he will attend the forthcoming world cup draw in Russia.

The FBI can arrest him in Canada, they can't touch him in Russia or Switzerland, but that's just a coincidence of course.

He can be arrested in Switzerland, as there were FIFA officials arrested there a few weeks ago. The treaty was agreed in 1990, according to the Google search, I've just done.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Right, pressure back on The FA, UEFA & FIFA sponsors ..... to the twitter mobile!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can the thread title be changed [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ? Something like Blatter Gone (not gone) Gone (not gone) etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here