Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatter gone

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I would be happy of pulling out the World Cup if France Spain German Italy pulled out all previous winners of the World Cup.
Stañd up to corruption.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What a clever, yet intensely dislikeable, man.

It sounds distinctly like he'll be running for election again, which I've no doubt he'll bloody BUY.

Corrected for you

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Incredible if true, this is like Bobby Ewing's Dallas fiasco.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
There is only one type of action this scum can understand and that is to pull out of the
world cup.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Dont know why everyone is so surprised. Blatter never intended to go when he "resigned". One way or another he was always going to be "persuaded" to stay by the "Football Family" which in his case means Africa, the Carribean, Central and most of South America, Russia, the Middle East and Asia.....all of whom have allegedly benefitted individually (FIFA members) and collectively from Blatter's sorrry - that should be FIFA's - largesse.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Lets leave the old codger and the corrupt FAs around the world supporting him to play on their own. We can take our UEFA ball home with us. As soon as a few big european nations pull out he is gone. Or we can storm Switzerland. Or perhaps go down the pub instead

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There is only one type of action this scum can understand and that is to pull out of the
world cup.

Having seen the performances of our U-21's this week I think the players might do it for us by themselves.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And now he is not heading to Canada. I was rather warming to the idea of a couple of butch Mounties apprehending him at the airport. Oh well. He has got to concentrate on keeping his job now.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Blatter and Valcke remain "due to their current commitments in Zurich".
What a spineless joke of an organisation.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Fifa corruption: Sponsor Coca-Cola demands third-party reform

Fifa sponsor Coca-Cola has told world football's governing body that it wants an independent third-party commission to oversee reform of the crisis-hit organisation, the BBC has learned.

In correspondence obtained by the BBC, Coca-Cola says: "We believe that establishing this independent commission will be the most credible way for Fifa to approach its reform process and is necessary to build back the trust it has lost.

"We are calling for this approach out of our deep commitment to ethics and human rights and in the interest of seeing Fifa succeed."

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
"Fifa corruption: Sponsor Coca-Cola demands third-party reform

Fifa sponsor Coca-Cola has told world football's governing body that it wants an independent third-party commission to oversee reform of the crisis-hit organisation, the BBC has learned.

In correspondence obtained by the BBC, Coca-Cola says: "We believe that establishing this independent commission will be the most credible way for Fifa to approach its reform process and is necessary to build back the trust it has lost.

"We are calling for this approach out of our deep commitment to ethics and human rights and in the interest of seeing Fifa succeed."
Excellent stuff, I think it's long been said that the only thing likely to make FIFA listen will be the threat damage to the bottom line.

If all of the big sponsors were to fall in behind Coca-Cola then it could get very interesting.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Excellent stuff, I think it's long been said that the only thing likely to make FIFA listen will be the threat damage to the bottom line.

If all of the big sponsors were to fall in behind Coca-Cola then it could get very interesting.

Agreed, but FIFA make more money from TV rights than sponsorship.

If the likes of the BBC and The Sunday Times were serious after breaking the stories about FIFA corruption then Sky and the Beeb should get together with other broadcasters and refuse to show World Cup rights.

If they did that sponsors, who are the second largest paymasters of FIFA, would walk the walk instead of just putting out press releases.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agreed, but FIFA make more money from TV rights than sponsorship.

If the likes of the BBC and The Sunday Times were serious after breaking the stories about FIFA corruption then Sky and the Beeb should get together with other broadcasters and refuse to show World Cup rights.

If they did that sponsors, who are the second largest paymasters of FIFA, would walk the walk instead of just putting out press releases.
It's a good point. But let's also get back to UEFA leaving FIFA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here