Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The pied piper of the north stand

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
People being slated for having fun, sorry state of affairs, just when the players need that 12th man. Couldn't care less who sings what, Just make a f##king noise.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
A) What is "Don't get your hair off"?
B) Is this all related to a file compression algorithm?

MattyC

May 12, 2013
Yes, I would support The judge on this. By fluke, we were positioned near them at Watford. He did a great job leading the singing and everyone just seemed to be having a good time whilst supporting the team.

Like others have said GOSBTS needs to be slowed right down and as per The Commander we should use more of the older songs......

What I dont like about the original post is the obvious venom and personal attack on our own fans. We should embrace the fact that we have a group of fans that dont care what peple think of them and have the balls to stand up and sing. It's not there fault that a large section of are fans are overly reseved. The way I see what they were doing by walking up the aisle after half time, was to try to get the north singing up, nothing more than that no conspiracies or hidden agendas. Maybe the simple thing is to enjoy the game and atmosphere regardless of the result.

Like the Judge has said on numerous occassions, if you have any somgs that you want to be sung they're very approchable people that are always around before and after the games on the concourse.

el punal

The thing is we don't give a flying **** . We have nothing against anyone we turn up have a few beers try and create an atmosphere make up a few songs and have a laugh . why not come on board . Or just come up and tell us to our faces what you want us to sing . I am sure we can sort things out :thumbsup:

Ah ha! The North stand's version of Desert Island Discs. Love it! :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
From the perspective of the WSU, it seems as though the people in the centre of the North, who originally seemed to be the singers when the Amex opened, have all stopped bothering. I appreciate they're slightly further away from my position so it may be I don't always hear their singing, but you can usually tell when a crowd is making an effort, because you can see people clapping and so on. I just see the guys in the NW corner making most of the effort these days, and frankly, all power to them. Somebody has to try.

All this pettiness does rather come across like the "old school" singers in the middle getting the hump because somebody else has stolen their thunder. I think it's quite a pity really. If only there could be some joined up chanting going on, rather than just the old boys in the centre sulking, and nobody in between the two sets joining in, it might sound great. We need the atmosphere to be ramped up at times: getting sniffy over songs because it's not your mates singing them doesn't really do anybody any favours, does it?

Keep on, NW corner chaps. And throw in some slowed down songs and a few old favourites at times please. Ta.

Big Fat This.

I also think that having a lot of noise coming from the NW corner actually gets a lot more people in the WSU joining in too. Ok, so the WSU is never going to be a constant cauldron of noise, but at times, when it does go, it can be spine tinglingly loud, and if the NW corner singers help that happen, then I'm all for it :thumbsup:

seagullhoop

Nov 6, 2012
Brighton
Yes, I would support The judge on this. By fluke, we were positioned near them at Watford. He did a great job leading the singing and everyone just seemed to be having a good time whilst supporting the team.

Like others have said GOSBTS needs to be slowed right down and as per The Commander we should use more of the older songs......

I was just below at Watford too - thought it was great, very funny too at times. First away match for my 7 year old, and he absolutely loved it - a very different atmosphere from his ST in the East Upper.

Maybe the OP should join in?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I was just below at Watford too - thought it was great, very funny too at times. First away match for my 7 year old, and he absolutely loved it - a very different atmosphere from his ST in the East Upper.

Maybe the OP should join in?

Awaydays always better,but imo,where julian is hasn't helped as the sound doesn't carry,I think they should move up the other end by awayfans,I also think the club should do more,teams like derby and palace have it sussed with the clublways helping out,the guy just wants to generate noise like awaydays and with come simple changes it could be done

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
From the perspective of the WSU, it seems as though the people in the centre of the North, who originally seemed to be the singers when the Amex opened, have all stopped bothering. I appreciate they're slightly further away from my position so it may be I don't always hear their singing, but you can usually tell when a crowd is making an effort, because you can see people clapping and so on. I just see the guys in the NW corner making most of the effort these days, and frankly, all power to them. Somebody has to try.

All this pettiness does rather come across like the "old school" singers in the middle getting the hump because somebody else has stolen their thunder. I think it's quite a pity really. If only there could be some joined up chanting going on, rather than just the old boys in the centre sulking, and nobody in between the two sets joining in, it might sound great. We need the atmosphere to be ramped up at times: getting sniffy over songs because it's not your mates singing them doesn't really do anybody any favours, does it?

Keep on, NW corner chaps. And throw in some slowed down songs and a few old favourites at times please. Ta.

Edna as ever hits the nail on the head. There seems to be a collective sulk on the part of the mid-north Standers about the emergence of the NW corner and a determination not to join in with any songs started by them.

Awaydays always better,but imo,where julian is hasn't helped as the sound doesn't carry,I think they should move up the other end by awayfans,I also think the club should do more,teams like derby and palace have it sussed with the clublways helping out,the guy just wants to generate noise like awaydays and with come simple changes it could be done

Did speak to bloom pre falmer and the answer was ritchie r would whip the fans into a frenzy:moo:

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Big Fat This.

I also think that having a lot of noise coming from the NW corner actually gets a lot more people in the WSU joining in too. Ok, so the WSU is never going to be a constant cauldron of noise, but at times, when it does go, it can be spine tinglingly loud, and if the NW corner singers help that happen, then I'm all for it :thumbsup:

Agreed, they do impact on the WSU. Every so often a song catches on and spreads along the West side.

Shame the rest of the North seem to be making a concerted effort not to join in with anything started by the NW folks, apart from a quick burst of "We're the left side/ We're the right side" yesterday, which would rather seem to confirm the theory that the guys in the middle are only interested in lining up against the corner fellas.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 7, 2003
Were they singing about the Colonels secret recipe? ???

PgI71.png

What tune did they sing it to?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Edna as ever hits the nail on the head. There seems to be a collective sulk on the part of the mid-north Standers about the emergence of the NW corner and a determination not to join in with any songs started by them.

I'm a mid-north stander and have got absolutely nothing against the against the NW corner or anyone else who wants to create more atmosphere. It does get frustrating sometimes when
two sections sing different songs but to be pefectly honest a lot of the time the sound just doesn't carry and you can't hear what the other lot are singing.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm a mid-north stander and have got absolutely nothing against the against the NW corner or anyone else who wants to create more atmosphere. It does get frustrating sometimes when
two sections sing different songs but to be pefectly honest a lot of the time the sound just doesn't carry and you can't hear what the other lot are singing.

Saved me from typing it. This.

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing

I stand just right of the goal in the NS sometimes with 2 songs going on at the same time on each side of us you never quite know which song to sing. That could be a valid reason for the mid Northstand not always joining in. I'm aware this has been mentioned before on other threads as well. However yes there are some proper moany sulky *******s near where I sit too.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Shame the rest of the North seem to be making a concerted effort not to join in with anything started by the NW folks, apart from a quick burst of "We're the left side/ We're the right side" yesterday, which would rather seem to confirm the theory that the guys in the middle are only interested in lining up against the corner fellas.
Not sure if you're on a wind up or just trying cause trouble, but as a "middle north stander" I can assure you, you are talking shite!
Quite often you see people looking to the right trying to hear what's being sung, but the bottom line is you just can't hear them.
So wooooo back with you're conspiracy theory, because it's just not true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here