Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The pied piper of the north stand

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
The thing is we don't give a flying **** . We have nothing against anyone we turn up have a few beers try and create an atmosphere make up a few songs and have a laugh . why not come on board . Or just come up and tell us to our faces what you want us to sing . I am sure we can sort things out :thumbsup:

You are a credit to the club. Keep up the good work.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
East stand upper is where it is at, get to chant "Seagulls" everytime one flies past me and clap the away fans attendance.....Other than that it is a load of old turd. Apart from the view I actually wonder why the hell did I move from the north...We need to get the singers in to a block or two near the away fans in the south. Look what Derby did in the play off game, amazing atmosphere throughout. Modern football......

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
East stand upper is where it is at, get to chant "Seagulls" everytime one flies past me and clap the away fans attendance.....Other than that it is a load of old turd. Apart from the view I actually wonder why the hell did I move from the north...We need to get the singers in to a block or two near the away fans in the south. Look what Derby did in the play off game, amazing atmosphere throughout. Modern football......
I can beat that. Last Saturday the bloke in front of me complained that I was clapping too loudly... true story that just about summed things up.

phonetichalo

Feb 17, 2009
Argentina
Never used to bother me but the guys in the row in front of me actually STAND to applaud the aways. Odd.

It was more fun clapping the away support when we were few goals up.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Where can I get a list of all of the current albion songs etc? I have looked at a couple of websites but they seem to only have out of dates ones, or miss some of our newer songs?

Try itunes and Waterstones. Look out for the North Stand special edition 'Love Me Glenda' (about Murray) sung to the tune of Elvis' 'Love me Tender' - it's something special and one for the family to enjoy this coming holiday season.

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
The euro sides that the police box crew (PBC) are trying to emulate are HIGHLY organised. They have a leader at the front of the stand. He faces them. He has a megaphone. He starts every chant. There is probably a drummer too. How do you think that would go down at the Amex? I think he would last 30 secs before the stewards moved in!

I am central NS near the back. I used to sing most of the time and knew all the songs. However, every time I hear the PBC start up something just stops me joining in. I can't explain it but they just don't hit the spot. It's like when a girlfriend no longer excites you. I'm probably not explaining myself very well. One thing I can tell you is the grammer nazi in me loathes 'TONY BLOO'S BLUEWHYARMI".

Here is a suggestion for the police box crew. I can hear you start up and I think 'oh, that's the celtic song!' or 'that's the Dortmund song!' or most of the time I'm thinking 'What are they singing now?' I know the words to paddy mccourt. I know tonyboosbluwhyarmi. I know all the old songs. But I don't hear them so much now. So, here's my suggestion. Publish your songbook here. If I know the words I might join in. What I won't do is mime or mumble.

Thanks for your time.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The club wants the ground buzzing so:-

1) Refuses to support "safe-standing"

2) Refuses to move the police box crew to a central position because it will upset existing STH who aren't interested in signing. Sorry...how difficult is it to say "sorry, seat not available next season - how about you move to <wherever>?

There are far too many in the NS, including those in the back rows, who don't sing...they should make way for those that do.

Moving the PBC more centrally can only improve the atmosphere.

Has to be a two-way street though. When songs are started by the east side of the NS, the PBC invariably don't join in and carry on doing what they are doing. That doesn't help either. Those of us stuck between the two groups never know which way to go!

Fair comment that some of the PCB songs are sung waaaaay too fast, and its difficult to pick up the words. As has already been suggested earlier, the judge should start a new thread with the PBC's songs so we can learn the words....and then lets start them off slowly to give others a chance to join in.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The club wants the ground buzzing so:-

1) Refuses to support "safe-standing"

2) Refuses to move the police box crew to a central position because it will upset existing STH who aren't interested in signing. Sorry...how difficult is it to say "sorry, seat not available next season - how about you move to <wherever>?

There are far too many in the NS, including those in the back rows, who don't sing...they should make way for those that do.

Moving the PBC more centrally can only improve the atmosphere.

Has to be a two-way street though. When songs are started by the east side of the NS, the PBC invariably don't join in and carry on doing what they are doing. That doesn't help either. Those of us stuck between the two groups never know which way to go!

Fair comment that some of the PCB songs are sung waaaaay too fast, and its difficult to pick up the words. As has already been suggested earlier, the judge should start a new thread with the PBC's songs so we can learn the words....and then lets start them off slowly to give others a chance to join in.

How do you or the club decide who is singing or who is not, also perhaps you can point people to the T&Cs where it says that in order to have a seat in the North you must sing. Some people are stuck in the middle of 2 chants from either side. It seems to me that the NW is building in noise as we go through the season, all it would take is for people to co ordinate on here and until you do that, you will get pockets of groups doing their own thing. Another point on you wanting to move north stand ticket holders on because they don't sing, maybe you should look around the other 3 stands. Are they incapable of singing. It's not just down to the north to create the atmosphere

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I am in the ESU but frequently go to away games and join in non-stop virtually for the singing, even though I can't sing! :( My kids all join in at away games and we do really like the view from the ESU but maybe, I should see if I can swap seats for one game, Fulham, to test it out in the NWC. I will have a chat with my mate and see if we can get 5 of us over for the one game and go from there. I have been in the NWC for a game, pre-season and I liked the atmosphere but the view is nowhere near as good and I think the instrumental thing is that I don't really see the game I just get immersed in the singing and atmosphere! So there is a downside, or maybe that is an upside at the moment!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am in the ESU but frequently go to away games and join in non-stop virtually for the singing, even though I can't sing! :( My kids all join in at away games and we do really like the view from the ESU but maybe, I should see if I can swap seats for one game, Fulham, to test it out in the NWC. I will have a chat with my mate and see if we can get 5 of us over for the one game and go from there. I have been in the NWC for a game, pre-season and I liked the atmosphere but the view is nowhere near as good and I think the instrumental thing is that I don't really see the game I just get immersed in the singing and atmosphere! So there is a downside, or maybe that is an upside at the moment!

Similar here. We join in non-stop away, but in WSL (where we like the view) we'd be completely alone (and most likely get asked to be quiet as we're 'spoiling my day out' or something)

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

I sat in the ESU for a few years, yes the view is great however you are detached from the atmosphere. Therefore you might as well be home. I moved to the North behind the goal and have not looked back, despite what people say people around do sing and get involved, just not to the extent of the NW. The view is good you are close to the action. It's the atmosphere that makes a game and you get that in the north

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here