Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If he does sign, we'll have two Bennetts running down the wing for us. That'll be nice.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If he does sign, we'll have two Bennetts running down the wing for us. That'll be nice.

But will either of them get back to defend?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sad that so many are feeling cynical about a player we were all pretty pissed off to lose is on the way back?

This season is at best a mid table marking time season, at worst a relegation battle. I believe Bennett will add to the team whatever way around it runs out to be.

Don't let Hyypia's cluelessness get you down, he'll be gone soon if he doesn't pull his finger out.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
No one has mentioned Bennett as a wing back . I remember him playing several very good games as a right back and looked good . Could be what hyypia thinking ?

Think Bruno's injury may have prompted this. Gus used to say that if Benno was Brazilian he would be a natural right back. Can see him in this role bombing forward but with the pace to get back, unlike Bruno and Calderon. Could be a great move.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Think Bruno's injury may have prompted this. Gus used to say that if Benno was Brazilian he would be a natural right back. Can see him in this role bombing forward but with the pace to get back, unlike Bruno and Calderon. Could be a great move.

Agreed , Sami will not use Benno as a conventional winger but slot him in as a RB.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sad that so many are feeling cynical about a player we were all pretty pissed off to lose is on the way back?

This season is at best a mid table marking time season, at worst a relegation battle. I believe Bennett will add to the team whatever way around it runs out to be.

Don't let Hyypia's cluelessness get you down, he'll be gone soon if he doesn't pull his finger out.

It is sad, very sad. We are suppose to be looking at another keeper to cover Stockdale, what does that say about Walton and Ankergren??? And we are looking at bringing Bennett back, who is a great player..But what we all know is the one thing we really need is a striker!!!! And to be honest I wouldn't have any faith in Hyypia playing a winning system if we had the best 11 players in the division. The guy is so far out of his depth, managing at this level it's a joke...and we are the punchline because we keep coughing up to watch it!!!

Do you think he is any better than the current midfield/wingers?

No idea, haven't seen him play for years now, and if I'm right he can't even get on the bench at Norwich.

He was one of my favourite players and I was gutted when he left, but right now I ask myself is he what we need.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No idea, haven't seen him play for years now, and if I'm right he can't even get on the bench at Norwich.

He was one of my favourite players and I was gutted when he left, but right now I ask myself is he what we need.

capable of scoring goals (something our midfield doesn't seem gd at)...maybe a better delivery ...and available apparently ....definitely worth considering i'd of thought..i know its the current fashion to knock our current strike force...but its not as though they've missed several chances is it

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Right now all options need to be explored to stop this 'decline'. Whether or not our potent strike force will be able to convert any of the potential ammo provided by increased winger ability is another matter, but times is 'ard.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
i think it was by 12pm yesterday, or 12 pm today i can't remember the rules

That is for permenant teansfers I think loan is about 5 hours before kick, off. We signed a player on loan at 3pm one day at Withdean and he played that evening so on that assumption I would say by about 2 of 3pm.today.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
The memories I have of Bennett on one wing, Lua Lua on the other and being rotated with Noone, terrorising defences with a decent striker and breaking at a pace that would put 100m runners to shame are some of the best in recent memory for me. Just for that I would welcome the guy back just so we can sing our appreciation for his time at the club, not to mention the guy must be one of the nicest players (along with Calde) you are ever likely to meet. A scan through his tweets will show you that, not to mention the endless time he always had for the kids and fans etc.

Regarding footballing matters though, Sami doesn't play wingers and it would be soul destroying to watch him being wasted out of position. He probably won't have the fitness to play a wing back role, his defending was ok but he is not a right back, he would be good down the middle but it will be too crowded for him. Not to mention that "Elliott Bennet, runs through the middle for me" just does not work!

I can only hope therefore that if he does come, Sami swallows his pride and plays him wide right with Lua Lua on the left and just see how the strikers get on with a bit more room to work in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here