Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Great news as Bennett could be the quality creator we are missing. If we sign him and a striker, it does mean that one of our loanees (probably Gardner or Teixera) will have to be left out the squad.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
In my deluded fantasy world , this could be paving the way for his former boss at Norwich to replace Sami next week!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yep looking forward to seeing Elliot Bennett running down the wing beating 3 players putting in a peach of a cross for OGRADY to fall on his arse BALDOCK to miss kick it then COLUNGA to smash it over the bar at the back post from 2 yards out
LOL

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I utterly LOVE EB and having him back in the stripes would be GREAT. However, as others have said it will be interesting to see where he plays and for how long. A couple of games playing an advanced central role like Lua Lua has been wouldn't fit or help. Is this a sign of changing tactics? Even more attacking? A January SWOOP? Who knows. I just hope Sami doesn't ruin him.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
He's been gone little more than 3 years but a really superb player, brilliant crosser of the ball, gets goals and is absolute all-round quality. He got something like 27 assists in his last season with us and scored some great goals.

At last, something to genuinely get excited about. Welcome back Elliott (dotting of i's and crossing t's permitting)...

Superb you say, but can't get a place in Norwich's squad. Hmmm

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
SAMMI probably sees him as a ready replacement for Stockdale

:down:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I would love to have him back. My only concern would be his match fitness.

It will be great to see him back in the stripes, though. He always was a classy player.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What is the point in short term loan signings ? No way to build a settled side and will just make things worse.

Hopefully it's with a view to something long term, If it does turn out to be just short term then it can't be viewed as nothing more than bring back an old favourite to buy a bit of time and put a few more bums on seats next week. Either way if it goes through I'll be chuffed to see Benno back here as he's got that bit of quality we've been missing this season.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Yep looking forward to seeing Elliot Bennett running down the wing beating 3 players putting in a peach of a cross for OGRADY to fall on his arse BALDOCK to miss kick it then COLUNGA to smash it over the bar at the back post from 2 yards out

Is it wrong that this made me chukle, bad fan!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Really interesting news. I understand the question marks some people have as he's not in Norwich's team. However, they have a much stronger squad, especially in attacking terms, than we do and Bennett seemed to really enjoy his two years down here before. Hopefully he can rediscover his form down here and we can extend the loan to January/the end of the season.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Bennet is exactly what we are missing from our team someone who can pick out a striker in the box, dangerous from set pieces and has an eye for goal as well. A massive part of that promotion season and quality we have not replaced since he left. It has not worked out for him at Norwich and not being in the squad would not have done his confidence any good but this could work to our advantage if we are looking to turn permanent in January

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here