Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I seem to recall he did well in the premier league as well.

Given that you are normally quite measured, I really don't understand your problem and am surprised you are basing any argument on a loan deal, that was largely to help him with his fitness. I seem to recall he played well at Fulham in his last game for us.
Why spend a decent amount of money on a player who has had a career threatening injury, not long after a bad injury having played nonexistent football in loan spell and ok in one game.

Oh yes that's right, because he was fantastic 5 years ago, when previously playing for the Albion.

As with Zamora would those that are still be fawning over their signature if they started their careers at Rochdale?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why spend a decent amount of money on a player who has had a career threatening injury, not long after a bad injury having played nonexistent football in loan spell and ok in one game.

Oh yes that's right, because he was fantastic 5 years ago, when previously playing for the Albion.

As with Zamora would those that are still be fawning over their signature if they started their careers at Rochdale?

But the difference is BZ is old and Elliott is still young, and actually played well in the premier league, so clearly had the ability to play at that level.

In terms of the injury cruciate repairs seem two a penny these days, and Shearer and Keane even 10 years ago, proved you can come back at the same level.

In terms of the money I would rather see it go on a proven performer, rather than some unknown Iranian or League 1 player, that may or may not cut it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But the difference is BZ is old and Elliott is still young, and actually played well in the premier league, so clearly had the ability to play at that level.

In terms of the injury cruciate repairs seem two a penny these days, and Shearer and Keane even 10 years ago, proved you can come back at the same level.

In terms of the money I would rather see it go on a proven performer, rather than some unknown Iranian or League 1 player, that may or may not cut it.

100% correct

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

He was hardly the proven performer when last at the club.

An incredibly brave (or stupid) poster could make the claim, 'if Bennett wasn't so poor CoG, Bent, Best et al might have been productive'.

Sure he was coming back from injury, the Albion was basically Norwich reserves, and he had a good game against a team in greater turmoil than us.

Sorry but for the money and considerable wages, in a position that's been crying out to be filled for 12 months.
I'd expect the club to do better.

Just listening to Jimmy Bullard talk to Barry Glendenning about his injured knee should be enough to warn everybody off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I ought to caveat myself a little here.

With £40m parachute payment coming in Id love for the club (Tony) to shell out on the odd vanity project.
Bobby's one goal would be glorious and worth every penny.

Adding Bennett to a squad of excellent wingers makes perfect sense.

But I just don't see the logic of employing another high earner with a chequered recent history.
Esp so soon after Kemy, Crofts, CMS and into a position without practically no back up.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
sorry...i'm not too sure who you are , so i guess what i'm saying is "who T F are you"...?? After last season i am happy with the squad so far , if the three players i mentioned above come in then i would be even more happy....comprende...??

it doesn't matter what ambition i've got ...i'm not the one with the cash card....???
I'll tell you who the F### I am Sydney, I'm a fan who has ambitions of seeing my football club progress not go backwards. If your happy to just tread water, or worse, then that up to you. I on the other hand, will be urging my team to improve and invest on the field, not just off the pitch. If no further players are signed, we will be in for another tricky season. Hope that answers your question. [emoji4]

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Would still be a good addiion to our squad

Disagree, with Lua Lua, Elvis, March, Rosenoir, Murphy and Bruno who can all play on the right we really don't need him. Any funds available should be ploughed into the areas that we don't have adequate back up, such as the front line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here