Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
I dont get why people whinge at the thought of bringing previous players back... whats the problem if they are better than what we have ?

Bennett, Zamora both better than what we have so I would be delighted to have them on that basis alone.

I would have pleased at the time with Stephen Ward also.

Exactly.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I completely agree.

This Summer on NSC has been totally devoid of any imagination, and I've got suckered right into it.
Sure my 'names' are just that meaningless names with a decent season last year and a pretty showreel.
It's been my over the top reaction to some god awful narrow minded threads.

Fair enough, I wasn't trying to be offensive you usually are a decent poster.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
So lets employ, on top dollar, a player who's come bloody close to already having a career ender.
After all lightening does strike twice does it? what could possibly go wrong?

If only one of:-

Armando Vajushi
Garry Rodrigues
Geoffrey Mujangi Bia
Sylvester Igboun
Thorsten Schick
Nikolaos Karelis
Nicklas Bärkroth
Derlis Gonzalez

were fast, talented, wingers, who could deliver a final ball, be younger than EB, and with a clean bill of health.

Still there's no substitute for previously playing for the Albion, in the third division.

#weloveyoubobby.

Your shtick of listing a bunch of obscure players that nobody else has heard of and acting like they'd be brilliant risk free signings who would fire us to the Premiership has became unbelievable tedious.

I'd wager that the risk of signing somebody who has never played in the English league system is much higher than that of signing Elliott Bennett. Either of them could get their leg snapped after 30 seconds of their debut, whilst there's always the chance that some lad we've plucked from the German second division won't be able to settle in the country or will face a massive language barrier or just simply won't adjust to the Championship.

Every signing is a risk, but please do carry on. You haven't mentioned Eze in a while. Maybe you should remind everybody just how brilliant he is.

Last edited:

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I think people are missing something here.

With CMS gone, there is no natural replacement in the "always smiling and nice on twitter" role. Elliott Bennett would be perfect for this - the club would be stupid to not get him in before another club snaps him up.

Equally, who on earth can replace the 'god-fearing-tho-ethereal-babbling-king of bling-waster' Kemy on Twitter?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not too much happened when he was last here.

Were you at Fulham? He was brought down for the penalty which was our first goal. He was just getting back to fitness and making a real contribution.
This thread was bounced by TSB as a wind up, so don't worry.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Were you at Fulham? He was brought down for the penalty which was our first goal. He was just getting back to fitness and making a real contribution.
This thread was bounced by TSB as a wind up, so don't worry.

Might be a possibility if they sign Brady from Hull. You never know.

Thought he played well at Fulham.....

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Brady is a left-sided player, no? Would've thought their signing of Andre Wisdom would be the one affecting Benno's playing time, if any.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Brady is a left-sided player, no? Would've thought their signing of Andre Wisdom would be the one affecting Benno's playing time, if any.

Wisdom is a RB
A fairly good one as well. Was built like a brick shit house when he played for Derby
Not sure he would affect benno's playing time mind

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:shootself:

The new motto should be:-

"Play for the Albion - booed while you're here - God's gift to football the moment you go".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here