Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Wisdom is a RB
A fairly good one as well. Was built like a brick shit house when he played for Derby
Not sure he would affect benno's playing time mind
They seem to play with wing-backs really high up the pitch under Neil (certainly did at the Amex anyway), providing most the width - Wisdom will presumably slot into that RWB slot, Brady on the left (competing with Olsson). Bennett has often been deployed/brought off the bench for them in that role on the right - not to suggest he would've had a chance of being first choice RWB going into the new season, though.

All that said, can't say I'm overly bothered either way on whether it increases the likelihood of him returning to the Albion.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I would love benno back, over 20 assists the season we went up , great player when fit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would love benno back, over 20 assists the season we went up , great player when fit.
That'll be in a division lower, 5 seasons, 2 serious injuries & 1 less than inspiring loan deal ago.

I'll be disappointed if EB were deemed the saviour of our assist woes.

Last edited:

albionite

May 20, 2009
How would Bennett sort out our wide man problem? Did you not watch him when last here and he hasn't showed any form since then.

Would love the old Elliot back but at the moment it's a no from me.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i for one am quite happy with our squad.....but if a quality cb , mid-field dynamo and striker were to arrive within the next week i wouldn't grumble...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
That'll be in a division lower, 5 seasons, 2 serious injuries & 1 less than inspiring loan deal ago.

But also the player who was starting to look decent just before he returned to Norwich ,for whom he was not out of his depth in the premiership.
I know it was a division lower but it is also an incredible stat getting that many assists and also a fair few goals.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
i for one am quite happy with our squad.....but if a quality cb , mid-field dynamo and striker were to arrive within the next week i wouldn't grumble...
Then you clearly have no ambition for this season then. Our squad has no depth and lacks creative quality in the final third. Are you really happy?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Seems he has been playing as a right-back in pre-season games:

Alex Neil is convinced Elliott Bennett can challenge for a Premier League start in a new full-back role with Norwich City.

Bennett sparkled when switched to defence for City’s final Carrow Road league game last season against Fulham, and Neil believes that is where the 26-year-old can make his mark.

The City boss revealed Bennett is ready to embrace a potential positional change after moving to Norwich as an exciting wide player back in 2011.

“Obviously there is gaps in the squad that need to be filled at the moment, when you see someone like Bradley Johnson playing at left-back, but Elliott played there towards the end of last season and it is a position he is quite keen to see just how well he can do,” said Neil. “At the moment we are just looking at that as an option. I have spoken to Elliott and where he sees himself playing and where I see him playing and his capabilities and that is obviously why I have put him in that role.”

Neil admits Bennett’s positive attitude is indicative of the characters under his command.
----------------------------------

Signing Wisdom may change this, but it looks like EB might be part of first team plans this season, especially if he can cover a couple of positions.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I thought Bennett didn't give us much last year and didn't look half the player he was when he left us. Having said that beggars can't be choosers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Personally I thought Bennett didn't give us much last year and didn't look half the player he was when he left us. Having said that beggars can't be choosers.
The Albion are hardly beggars, and there's an entire planet of footballers to choose from, some of whom have never played for Brighton :ohmy:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Then you clearly have no ambition for this season then. Our squad has no depth and lacks creative quality in the final third. Are you really happy?
The current squad is very good.
We have lots of creativity between Stephens , Bruno, Kayal, Kaz, March, Baldock and Colunga.
There's plenty of depth there too.
CH just needs to use the squad correctly.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Seems he has been playing as a right-back in pre-season games:

Alex Neil is convinced Elliott Bennett can challenge for a Premier League start in a new full-back role with Norwich City.

Bennett sparkled when switched to defence for City’s final Carrow Road league game last season against Fulham, and Neil believes that is where the 26-year-old can make his mark.

The City boss revealed Bennett is ready to embrace a potential positional change after moving to Norwich as an exciting wide player back in 2011.

“Obviously there is gaps in the squad that need to be filled at the moment, when you see someone like Bradley Johnson playing at left-back, but Elliott played there towards the end of last season and it is a position he is quite keen to see just how well he can do,” said Neil. “At the moment we are just looking at that as an option. I have spoken to Elliott and where he sees himself playing and where I see him playing and his capabilities and that is obviously why I have put him in that role.”

Neil admits Bennett’s positive attitude is indicative of the characters under his command.
----------------------------------

Signing Wisdom may change this, but it looks like EB might be part of first team plans this season, especially if he can cover a couple of positions.
Benno as a FB, whatever next ☺

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

sorry...i'm not too sure who you are , so i guess what i'm saying is "who T F are you"...?? After last season i am happy with the squad so far , if the three players i mentioned above come in then i would be even more happy....comprende...??

it doesn't matter what ambition i've got ...i'm not the one with the cash card....???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I seem to recall he did well in the premier league as well.

Given that you are normally quite measured, I really don't understand your problem and am surprised you are basing any argument on a loan deal, that was largely to help him with his fitness. I seem to recall he played well at Fulham in his last game for us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poyet used to play him RB occasionally so that's not really news to us... Although the fact he has a chance of pushing for a place in the prem is bad news :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here