Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feeling flat

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Feel bloody brilliant. Just got in, we need a win to confirm and if it all goes belly up we have the play-offs. Have loved every minute of this season, last season was a struggle but Fulham, Brizzle, Brum, Forest and Charlton remind me why I do it and memories of Hull , Weds and Brentford support.

Love it all, can't wait 'til Sat at 'Boro.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, not flat at all. I would have done, if we'd lost the game, but the last minute goal lifted me. It told me that we never give up. It told me that we had determination to finish the job that started last August against Forest.

We can still do this. We never give up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone else?
Of course. Today we had the chance to go to Middlesbrough needing a point, and we failed. Worse than that Dunk got a red, so we'll be without him for the big one. And to add insult to injury, Burnley got promoted thanks to another dodgy decision in their favour.

It's hardly a day to celebrate is it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Had we lost I'd feel flat as a pancake. I actually thought we were better in the first half than we had been in the first 25 mins v either Fulham or QPR. Derby are just a better side with one outstanding player (Hughes).

But that equaliser sorted me out. This is a team that is never beaten. The sight of Stockdale coming up for the corner, the dejection on their fans' faces when Wilson equalized, the delerium in the West Upper? That's what you go to games for.

This is going to be a very slow-feeling short work week waiting to get up to Boro on Saturday. By about 12.00 on that day I'm fairly sure I am going to be buzzing with nerves, adrenaline and anticipation,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I actually think this might help us, as our players if had won today might have felt that the job was nearly done and taken the foot off gas slightly
They wouldn't have, they're not ****ing dense.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Looking on a brighter note,when we were at the stage of "all we have to do is win our last 4 games" next week would now be irrelevant..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nagging feeling that today proved we are a play-off team.
Wow, you're completely wrong there. We mighy very well end up in the playoffs, but to describe that team as a playoff team is well wide of the mark. For a start, we've already got 88 points, which would be enough for top two in every other Championship season.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Oh I see what you are doing. Yes Boro are going to walk it next week wink wink.

If the boro fans and players have stopped reading it's OK chaps they haven't played a decent team yet!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
blimey, it's fortunate that it's not part of Chris Hughton's job get to the fans in the right frame of mind for the last game of the season! that might be too difficult even for him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's irrational, I know.

I was walking home in the pissing rain when I made the opening post, and that wasn't helping my mood. Nor was my shoe rubbing my heel. Nor did the disgraceful excuse for a cheese and onion pasty I had from the WSU catering at half-time. That will get a thread of its own imminently.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Deflated isn't the word.
Was I the only one not celebrating our last gasp goal...as it's makes sod all difference to our scenario on Saturday. Needed that goal 10 mins before....

We have to win at Middlesbrough. The team who have conceded 7 goals at home all season. The team who have not conceded 2 at home since Sept 2014(?)The team who have a very strong record against top sides, whereas we find it very difficult beating those teams. We have to score first to have any chance.

Would have been a totally different feeling knowing we can go up with a draw.
And what today proved most of all was the realisation of 'avoiding the play offs' at all costs.

I don't want to play Derby again.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Flat!!! I feel like I'm lying in the road having been run over by a steam roller and I can't move and the damn thing is now reversing for another go.

Second half was a joke with us willingly conceding possession. Ball to Stockdale and all he doe is hoof it forward even when defenders are available to play it out to. As for KLL, shouldn't even waste a space on the bench for him next week. He isn't showing any indication of the early season form. Murphy should have been on instead of KLL.

As for the ref, another example of ineffectual application of the laws of the game. First half Martin deliberately throws the ball away following a free kick to us and doesn't get a booking. Anther Derby player deliberately brings down a player to prevent a break away and doesn't get booked. What is it with these idiots with whistles that are so inconsistent..

Not looking forward to wasting time travelling to Boro but it has to be done!!!!!

I don't think I should feel flat right now but I do.

At almost any point this season I'd have gladly snatched the opportunity to go to Boro knowing a win would take us up automatically with a consolation prize of the play-offs.

We've had a remarkable season and still have the chance to cap it off in style, yet I feel somewhat downbeat about it all.

Anyone else?

Of course - we blew it today.

Derby fine team yes but nothing to play for. Drawing a game was no good for us and Hughton took too long to haul off poor performers like skalak and Baldock.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Flat, no..

Disappointed with Dunk, but Greer's going to get the winner next week anyway, it's in the stars.

How can anyone be flat when our goalkeeper gets asked how he feels, and replies" one win from the Premier League, that's how I feel"

We are going up.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
One win from the PL and yet it's all sobbing and despondency.
Glad our magnificent warrior-like team aren't like the fans!

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
It's irrational, I know.

I was walking home in the pissing rain when I made the opening post, and that wasn't helping my mood. Nor was my shoe rubbing my heel. Nor did the disgraceful excuse for a cheese and onion pasty I had from the WSU catering at half-time. That will get a thread of its own imminently.

Those pasties are inedible, I've tried.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
blimey, it's fortunate that it's not part of Chris Hughton's job get to the fans in the right frame of mind for the last game of the season! that might be too difficult even for him.
We'll be alright when the time comes, just a bit fed-up now. The fans were fine when we equalised - I've read that a few hear barely celebrated, but most did, because we know the team showed amazing spirit, coming from behind with only 10 men. And when the players did their lap of honour, the fans still showed faith.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We'll be alright when the time comes, just a bit fed-up now. The fans were fine when we equalised - I've read that a few hear barely celebrated, but most did, because we know the team showed amazing spirit, coming from behind with only 10 men. And when the players did their lap of honour, the fans still showed faith.

That's the part that gives hope.....not at our best and down to 10 men and we still snatched a point.....good post..

And with technically not a lot to play for..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here