Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to give Walton first team action

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
One of the joys of NSC is to have an opinion and share it with others to create debate and encourage people to give their own opinions....... and, of course, to give idiots like you the opportunity to be rude to people.

So hand on heart you are telling me he is worse than those three.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
So hand on heart you are telling me he is worse than those three.

I was talking about first choice goalies and I don't recall any of those quoted above being first choice. I still contend that Stockdale has the potential to be the worst first choice keeper if he doesn't get his act together. The jury's still out as far as I am concerned. Tuesday wasn't his first major error of the season, but I am prepared to wait a while longer for him to show us why we paid so much for him.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I recall a certain Mark Ormerod being first choice in the days when we were struggling at the foot of Division Three. Mark never played higher than that level (I believe). I cannot believe that Stockdale will fall that far.... before he is past 35 .. at least !!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Goal Keeper is his job
If Walton is good enough for England he's better than that worse than Sunday morning park football calamity clueless charge out effort last night.
McGee playing his 'green' buddy scaredy cat Henderson instead of FDM as we got relegated was, however, worse (thus far)
That was nothing to do with the fact that Kuipers was out for months with a torn shoulder, of course.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
We were after better than PIG. Stockdale has better distribution, better at crosses, and is a better influence in the dressing room. But thus far he has not been as good at stopping goals.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We were after better than PIG. Stockdale has better distribution, better at crosses, and is a better influence in the dressing room. But thus far he has not been as good at stopping goals.

Stockdale did make a great stop against Cardiff when there was a weak backheader which let in a Cardiff forward with just the keepers to beat. I don't remember many that PIG stopped when one on one with a forward.

Would Stockdale have done as well or better than PIG in the old system with the old team? - would PIG have done any better this with our new formation and players which the side is adapting to? - Who knows.

It seems to me that Stockdale is being subjected to this because a few have latched onto the comment he made in Pre-season fter signing for us that he needed to sharpen up with more matches (hence playing for the reserves / U-21's.) and this is being used as a sign of weakness in his ability. Before the days of social media and the internet, fans wouldn't find this sort of thing out and it wouldn't even cross their minds and definitely not be used against the player as a negative.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
utter ARSEHAT.

Most of what Stockdale does is bloody good. He's reassuring and I don't get that "Oh f**k" feeling as I did when Brez was anywhere near the ball. We've conceded one goal in 4 games. Hardly shipping for fun.

Had one more of our 26 shots gone in last night, this would not even be a discussion.

Agreed...if we were conceding goals every game and he was not getting near any shots then there would be a case ,but he is not .

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
We have already had one Walton (Mark) in goal for the Albion, he was a f*cking disaster and truly a candidate for the worst number one.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Sounds about right

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You, conviently ignore the extra chances we create from stockdales play compared with TK.

The first half corner catch and throw out to the wing into the space just in front of Tex (or was it Kaz) was probably the best piece of keeper distribution I have ever seen from a bhafc keeper and then he did another one in the second half.

As the move broke down in the first half and the ball was with their keeper we said "last season TK would still be holding the ball"

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was talking about first choice goalies and I don't recall any of those quoted above being first choice. I still contend that Stockdale has the potential to be the worst first choice keeper if he doesn't get his act together. The jury's still out as far as I am concerned. Tuesday wasn't his first major error of the season, but I am prepared to wait a while longer for him to show us why we paid so much for him.

What are you on about them not being first choice keepers!!! Nicky Rust was frst choice for a good two seasons, Mark Walton was first choice the first season back at the AMEX and you have a very short memory if you cant remember Casper being first choice in the league 1 winning season and the first season at the AMEX with several flaps and errors made? You said he was the worst first team keeper in your life time, seems like a wild overeaction to me.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
What are you on about them not being first choice keepers!!! Nicky Rust was frst choice for a good two seasons, Mark Walton was first choice the first season back at the AMEX and you have a very short memory if you cant remember Casper being first choice in the league 1 winning season and the first season at the AMEX with several flaps and errors made? You said he was the worst first team keeper in your life time, seems like a wild overeaction to me.

Hope you don't mind me saying but a bit of a typo there I think, Walton first choice back at the Withdean.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
His distribution is amazing. It's like having an extra attacker, he gets us further forward, quicker, than most of our outfield players do at times.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale also saved when one on one with Ismael Miller against Blackpool after Bruno's slip, had he not saved that effort we'd have lost that game 1-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here