Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't care, I'm happy to say it...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Sad day - but hopefully good things will come of it. Adam needs to be playing at his age, not bench warming. We need to be looking beyond our current defence, which will need to be dismantled over the next couple of seasons.

Good luck fella if indeed he is on his way out.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
He around of applause he gets every home game running towards he North Stand always brings a smile! We still need him tbh, he's shown this month he's almost as good as Greer. Ideal squad player IMO

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agree 100% (or should that be 110%?) with Bozza. One of us & a player who never gave anything less than his best. Poyet gave him a new lease of life but his commitment was never in doubt.

That said he does need to be playing regularly and there is very much a new Premier League Ready broom sweeping the changing rooms at the moment.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
5 reasons to be sad if AEA goes:

1 Every team needs a couple of hard nuts. Now Crofty's injured, we've only got Adam.
2 No-one else winds up opposing strikers so well
3 Strongest, toughest defender we've had in the past few years
4 Sussex lad, through the ranks
5 We'll no longer have an Egyptian international

AND no more classic Adam El-Abd chant :(

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No one gives me more on the pitch than AEA. Embodies the heart and soul of the club. Will be beyond gutted if he leaves but full understand why he sees the need for pastures new.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A true Albion stalwart and a very nice bloke.

Me and my dad had a chat with him in my sisters kitchen years ago (pre-Poyet), at a time when he was being shunted all over the place in the team, from CB to LB to RB to midfield. I was slightly startled when he asked us "well what do you reckon my best position is ?"

"Centreback" was the instant and unanimous reply. He was always an accident waiting to happen at fullback (not that we said that of course), but as a no-nonsense tough uncompromising centreback he absolutely flourished under Gus.

He was perfect cover for GG and MU, and always slotted in seamlessly whenever called upon. Real shame to be losing him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Whether he stays or goes, his picture should be up on that West Wall. And as Easy10 said above, a very modest quiet and unassuming bloke (obviously gets it all out on the pitch).

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Never good to see home grown talent leave especially one as committed and passionate about the club as Adam. That sending off he got for Lambert was a classic! He maxed out every ounce of his energy and his ability to give everything for the Albion on the pitch. We are saying goodbye to a legend! Good luck Adam

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I was so looking forward to Adam having to man mark Barnes when we play Burnley, a clash of the King of "Winedupery" against the King of Petulance.
Sorry you've gone Adam, thanks for the memories and total commitment, good luck at Bristol.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Unfortunately for Adam he is never going to be first choice for us but sad to see him go as he has been such massive part of the journey to get here.

I imagine he wants to play regularly and will be a real asset wherever he goes. I wish him all the best and will be remembered fondly for everything he has given for this club

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Anybody else play on both the front and back end of the team's recent spell in League One? He had 50+ games in the Championship before the recent promotion...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's like when Harty left, gutted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here