Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I'd actually be happy with him. He is a goalscorer with pace but was clearly struggling with an illness/fitness. Certainly got a lot of potential and i would hate to see him as an opponent at the Amex.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Rather have Wilson than Baldock, wouldn't mind him back. I think people judge him too harshly given that he was clearly unwell much of the time and suffering from something long-term like glandular fever. If that's cleared up then there is a quality player in there with lightning pace.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Be very disappointed if he came back.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If we could sell/loan Baldock out then yes I would give Wilson another season. Man U must have seen something in him to give him a long contract. He started off well for us, but it appears the illness curtailed his season.

But I would not like Wilson to be our final striker signing of the Summer, hence trying to shift Baldock out.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
wouldn't' want him,

Will be surprised if he ends up making a career above L1 level

That's a sweeping statement. We didn't see anything like the best of him last season as he was suffering from illness for some time. He is stkill very young, so far too early to say that he can't cut it at Championship level, or even above.

Obviously his parent club can see something in him.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Strangely, I wouldn't want to loan him but I'd be happy if we brought him. I think there is a very good player in there, but last season for whatever reason we saw it far too rarely. He could easily turn out to be a £10m plus striker, but that could take several seasons to bring itself to the fore. For that reason I think buying him would make sense but if we are going to loan a striker purely for a tilt at promotion next season the risk of him not performing again is probably too high.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Strangely, I wouldn't want to loan him but I'd be happy if we brought him. I think there is a very good player in there, but last season for whatever reason we saw it far too rarely. He could easily turn out to be a £10m plus striker, but that could take several seasons to bring itself to the fore. For that reason I think buying him would make sense but if we are going to loan a striker purely for a tilt at promotion next season the risk of him not performing again is probably too high.

I agree with this. He would need to have a serious medical. I am sure he was unwell for the majority of his stint with us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
wouldn't' want him,

Will be surprised if he ends up making a career above L1 level
Fancy a bet on that? I'll take yer money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here