James Wilson

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
He is frustrating, in glimpses he looked excellent but his overall work rate was very poor. I found myself becoming angry every time he made a namby pamby attempt to challenge for a high ball. He looked like a boy, makes sense i suppose.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we need a more imposing figure up front than Wilson, good back up squad player though but he won't come back here to be that. Nowhere near combatitive enough for a first choice Championship striker imo.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think we need a more imposing figure up front than Wilson, good back up squad player though but he won't come back here to be that. Nowhere near combatitive enough for a first choice Championship striker imo.

Yup, agreed, we need a proper no10 and another hold up man to help Hemed out.

Wilson is neither.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate i am in minority but i think as a forward playing of big striker he is far better then Baldock. Our problem is Hemed who is ok when in space but despite his size unable to hold ball up in box and gets muscled out. To be fair to Baldock and Wilson they would both look better playing with somebody like Kodji

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Yep, if we are trying to get promoted we need experience rather than someone learning their craft.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I find myself strangely annoyed / jealous at this rumour, despite the fact that I'm not actually bothered about having him here.

Like a girlfriend you broke up with, that you're not entirely sure was the right thing to have done, you then find out she is going out with someone you know...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Like a girlfriend you broke up with, that you're not entirely sure was the right thing to have done, you then find out she is going out with someone you know...
But she's touching his chest now, he takes off her dress now

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd happily have him back on loan, he has such quality and with a little more application and effort could be unreal to play against.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I find myself strangely annoyed / jealous at this rumour, despite the fact that I'm not actually bothered about having him here.

I think there is a good player there if he can sort out his fitness/health. If it was up to me I probably wouldn't get him back next season, but if we did I wouldn't be pissed off about it.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Appreciate i am in minority but i think as a forward playing of big striker he is far better then Baldock. Our problem is Hemed who is ok when in space but despite his size unable to hold ball up in box and gets muscled out. To be fair to Baldock and Wilson they would both look better playing with somebody like Kodji

Think you are being harsh on Hemed. 17 goals in his first season in English football is a good return and I thought he contributed a lot outside that. We need a partner for Hemed and another option up front but Wilson isn't the answer to either of those.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just an observation but have you read Left Foot Forward by Garry Nelson? He revealed suffered from M.E. early on in his career, the fans weren't informed (quite rightly it is a private matter). I'm not saying that's the case with JW, but it does highlight that things can go on within clubs without us necessarily knowing.

ME could possibly be an explanation for Wilson's woes? - I only said could be, nothing more definite than that. ME is still, I believe, one of those syndromes where it's quite hard to get a proper or positive diagnosis - after all, it's not long ago that many doctors were denying it even existed.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Wilson left out of Mourinho's Pre Season Tour squad-clearly not in his plans. Scored goals when fit, but not sure whether he'd be worth another loan. Would you take him?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Wilson left out of Mourinho's Pre Season Tour squad-clearly not in his plans. Scored goals when fit, but not sure whether he'd be worth another loan. Would you take him?

Depends on what the other options are. Given the silly money going around, he's probably well worth a consideration -- he ought to be more experienced at dealing with Championship defenders, and stronger too; and he certainly fits the profile of the kind of player we need, being quick, a second striker and a good finisher. But, again, the club will know why he didn't live up to expectations last season, and whether this was just a one-off, or was due to deeper problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports