Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
I agree with this. He would need to have a serious medical. I am sure he was unwell for the majority of his stint with us.

If he was so unwell why would he have played so many games when there were fit players on the bench? Aiming for promotion with 10 superb players and one sicky, come on who is pulling the wool over whose eyes.
He is not good enough, as for being a proven goals scorer, he certainly did not show that for us, had he done so we would be up a division, then I would have said get him in, but his record and performances makes me definitely in the NO camp.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I would have him back , obviously had issues and was never fully fit but we saw what he could do.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Strangely, I wouldn't want to loan him but I'd be happy if we brought him. I think there is a very good player in there, but last season for whatever reason we saw it far too rarely. He could easily turn out to be a £10m plus striker, but that could take several seasons to bring itself to the fore. For that reason I think buying him would make sense but if we are going to loan a striker purely for a tilt at promotion next season the risk of him not performing again is probably too high.

I'd agree with that, however, we'd need him to be fully fit. The Wilson we saw pre-Christmas illness was superb, the one after was awful.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I enjoy the brief moment of hope you get when you sign a striker that this might actually be the guy to fire us to promotion. Even Baldock and CMS gave me that hope - for a month or so.

Signing Wilson would simply leave me feeling cold and empty.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Strangely, I wouldn't want to loan him but I'd be happy if we brought him. I think there is a very good player in there, but last season for whatever reason we saw it far too rarely. He could easily turn out to be a £10m plus striker, but that could take several seasons to bring itself to the fore. For that reason I think buying him would make sense but if we are going to loan a striker purely for a tilt at promotion next season the risk of him not performing again is probably too high.

Agreed.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If he was so unwell why would he have played so many games when there were fit players on the bench? Aiming for promotion with 10 superb players and one sicky, come on who is pulling the wool over whose eyes.
He is not good enough, as for being a proven goals scorer, he certainly did not show that for us, had he done so we would be up a division, then I would have said get him in, but his record and performances makes me definitely in the NO camp.

Baldock was injured, Zamora was injured, Manu on loan who else was going to play?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm undecided, i was annoyed at some of his performances last season. Maybe because to me it looked like he had this attitude of being a Man U player anyway so didn't need to put effort in.

HOWEVER, we all know Jose Mourinho's reputation with youth so now Wilson MUST impress or could be finding himself a new club. I'd rather have him for the depth than not have him. We will see, quite clearly gets on with the squad so not going to ruffle any feathers!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i would certainly have him back in a heartbeat.

To be fair, people on here thought lingaard was crap and he was the first on the team sheet at manu last season. Just shows what good players can do around good players.

it was obvious that there was something not right with Wilson after his injury and time off for his sickness. If it was glandular fever which was the rumour at the time, knowing people who have had it, I am amazed he has made a return to football at all. BUT if he has come back and back to the way he played before he was injured, then he will be a tremendous asset to whoever has him...i hope its us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have posted in this before: the illness he had was similar to mine over the winter. Mine lasted for months. It was low level, and I was OK much of the time, but it caused lasssitude. I'm right as rain now. If Wilson has blown off his illness, which is certainly some sort of sneaky virus, he'd be a great buy. And since he was so crap most of the time last season, we'd probably get him at a knock down price.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
According to a BBC Sport link to the following Telegraph article, James Wilson ( and others) are being made available.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...blackett-and-will-keane-set-for-man-utd-exit/

Wilson being our own ( fully fit) player is better than having him playing against us for Preston, Derby, Wolves etc.. Him plus Vydra would see us definitely challenging ( and hopefully achieving) a top two spot.

Keeping Kayal, Stephens, Dunk, March and Knockaert would give us the best squad we have ever had in the Championship. A couple of defensive additions plus players challenging from the Under-21s will strengthen the side as well.

The lack of emergency loans will stretch and test the other 23 teams as well, even the ones with parachute payments. It will be more a test of their Under-21 teams and academies.

On another note -any news yet about whether Brighton Under-21s will get a spot in the EFL Trophy with Premiership teams dropping out?

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I have posted in this before: the illness he had was similar to mine over the winter. Mine lasted for months. It was low level, and I was OK much of the time, but it caused lasssitude. I'm right as rain now. If Wilson has blown off his illness, which is certainly some sort of sneaky virus, he'd be a great buy. And since he was so crap most of the time last season, we'd probably get him at a knock down price.

His ILLNESS is 'couldn'tgiveatossaboutplayingforthealbionasi'mamanuplayer' and there is no CURE

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Just for his goal against Charlton, it would be a yes from me.

I think the boy we had last season got a bit of a shock at how tough the Championship is, but he will develop and he now has a seasons experience under his belt.

Sign him up.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think he'd be a great signing if we got him on a permanent deal. He showed some real ability at times last December.

Perhaps fans expected too much of a bloke who was still only 19 when he came to us on loan. Zamora was only playing 4th division football for us at age 19-20; he'd have probably struggled in the 2nd division as well at that stage in his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here