Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Do we have to put forward a "coherent strategy" though? It isn't my job to recruit for these positions. It's Tony's. If I go to a bar, buy a pint and it's flat I don't need to know anything about keeping beer to a) know the beer isn't right and b) to be able to request a fresh one. Same here. I know it's wrong, it's not my job to fix it.

But if the person receiving the beer was anything like some people on here, they would be demanding the barstaff and manager get the sack, the supplier be sacked and another put into place, the supplier and the manufacturer of the glass you drank out of get the sack and anyone else you care to mention whilst telling everyine else who may have ever gone there or may go there in the future to boycott the place as somethings not right behind the scenes.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Are you saying that the Club has been left without a decision maker?
Does this mean that Sami is safe in his job until after Christmas?

I believe the club are using a new communication device called a telephone that may allow TB to keep in contact with things in Brighton. It's cutting edge technology, but they are hopeful that it might work.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I genuinely find the hate for Bloom laughable. A couple of years ago people were singing his praises because he no doubt saved the club and then built the amazing stadium and training facilities. We've had half a bad season and all of sudden we're the worst run club in the history of the game. People are so fickle.

Who knows what the future holds but if the worst case scenario is we went down, the club wouldn't fold. In fact we'd be likely to go back up, quickly. Everybody wants to win games but you can't win all the time. EVERY club has good seasons and bad seasons, and we're currently having a bad one. We WILL have good ones again.

If people are annoyed about paying a lot of money to watch the Albion, that's fair enough, I agree it's expensive to watch Brighton but that issue was the same when we were winning games over the last few seasons and no one said Bloom had ruined the club then. Which shows people's anger is with the team and our performances. Again nothing wrong with being annoyed with the team for not winning when we pay a lot to watch them. But people have to accept the this season is just part of being a football fan, Bloom hasn't ruined the club, the club isn't in a mess it's just having a tough season. If people really do think this club is doomed/in a mess then I would say that says more about the fickle nature of football fans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I genuinely find the hate for Bloom laughable. A couple of years ago people were singing his praises because he no doubt saved the club and then built the amazing stadium and training facilities. We've had half a bad season and all of sudden we're the worst run club in the history of the game. People are so fickle.

Who knows what the future holds but if the worst case scenario is we went down, the club wouldn't fold. In fact we'd be likely to go back up, quickly. Everybody wants to win games but you can't win all the time. EVERY club has good seasons and bad seasons, and we're currently having a bad one. We WILL have good ones again.

If people are annoyed about paying a lot of money to watch the Albion, that's fair enough, I agree it's expensive to watch Brighton but that issue was the same when we were winning games over the last few seasons and no one said Bloom had ruined the club then. Which shows people's anger is with the team and our performances. Again nothing wrong with being annoyed with the team for not winning when we pay a lot to watch them. But people have to accept the this season is just part of being a football fan, Bloom hasn't ruined the club, the club isn't in a mess it's just having a tough season. If people really do think this club is doomed/in a mess then I would say that says more about the fickle nature of football fans.

Right you cab bugger right off! This forum is no place for sensible well thought out argument and comment. Just what the hell do you think you are playing at?

It's about time you went and posted on www.sensiblenondramaticcomments.com

This is truly shocking

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Absolutely.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I believe the club are using a new communication device called a telephone that may allow TB to keep in contact with things in Brighton. It's cutting edge technology, but they are hopeful that it might work.

Amazing what they can do with technology these days. Beats carrier pigeons.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

So am i right in thinking its no longer the 2 tin cans and piece of string...its an awfully long piece when they are so far away

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't think anyone for 1 minute suggests that Tony Bloom doesn't have his heart in the club or is not an Albion fan. But that's not the jist of this thread. I like many fans on here am a skilled and qualified professional in what I know and do daily, ask me to be an IT wizz or work in a bank or run a football club and I wouldnt have a clue for all my best intentions.

Bloom is a mathmatics wizz, expert poker player and someone who knows the gaming industry inside out, that doesn't make him any more a football expert than any fan on here who is a professional in something other than football.

Look what happened to tango man Simon Jordan, who made a mint from mobile phones and lost it all as he couldn't run a (shit) football club.

All blooms success and money came from what he knows well, that doesn't guarantee success in football. For that he has to entrust other professionals from within the game to deliver that success and those he has entrusted are failing spectacularly.

If a senior manager of blooms gaming/property empire who maybe did OK once upon a time but was currently doing so badly, losing money hand over fist, bloom knowing that industry inside out would instantly know it and I guess, react quickly allowing no room for sentiment.

But in football, Blooms hiring decisions are failing him big time and he doesn't react? Why?

Hyypia has been an uninspiring failure from day one, inflexible and devoid of tactical nous on the back of failure in Germany, Burke may have succeeded before but many of his recent signings have been dog awful.

Bloom wouldnt sit back and hope for the best in his own business field of expertise if things were going so badly wrong so why does he with Albion?

Guess what Bloom's gaming industry games on?
Clue: it disproves a central point you make.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

no the fans saved the club
he generously along with others built the stadium

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

well lets hope Seagulls player is not in charge of the line :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Whilst what you say is true, it feels like most people who have contributed to this thread are taking in turns to write more-or-less the same thing, or post "this" to one of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here