Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Football s the new wrestling.
Results are pre ordained.
Life is one big cheat.
Football is just an offshoot of the big cheat.
Get used to it.
You are where you are.
Your team is where it is.
You have no chance of changing anything.
If football is totally corrupt at the top. Which it is.
What chance do you have lower down?
Sad,but true.

Be careful, 'they' are watching you, and 'they' now have machines that can read your thoughts. The only way to stop them is to wallpaper your house with aluminium foil to reflect back the thought reading machines.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Slap yourself around the face, when you've woken up read my post.....I'm NOT comparing Sami, I'm comparing gutless so called (fine weather) supporters. Who feel it is a crime when their team doesn't win.
Surely anyone with even half a brain can see the players NOW available to Sami are of much less a calibre than those on the books 12 months ago...Sami's not Jesus FFS. For the 'needy' on NSC who are looking or need to blame someone I suggest they look more towards the Procurement Dept than the poor bugger that's been left with a less competent squad.
The whingers want it all ways on here....it's Blooms Fault for selling...it's Burke's fault for poor transfers deals..it's Samis fault because he can't make a silk purse from a sows ear.....he has my sympathy. And the club still has my support. Just as it would if we were in the Ryman League, because like many on here I fully support BHA, thick n thin.

Yes the squad this season isnot as good as previous seasons, replacing players of the ilk of Ulloa, Buckley and Upson was never going to be easy, it is far far better than its current showing. It is still full of top flight experience.
Please don't belittle people who's view it is that Hyypia has to date, failed spectacularly to get the most from the group of players he coaches every day.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Yes the squad this season isnot as good as previous seasons, replacing players of the ilk of Ulloa, Buckley and Upson was never going to be easy, it is far far better than its current showing. It is still full of top flight experience.
Please don't belittle people who's view it is that Hyypia has to date, failed spectacularly to get the most from the group of players he coaches every day.

You really can't have read the thread...I didn't belittle anyone! I did however defend myself when it was rudely suggested I slap myself hard around the face. I haven't yet seen your post suggesting he should desist from provocative posts only because we have differing degrees of patience towards our manager. ???

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Totally agree with this. Before we got going that squad looked OK and if you had compared it to the likes of Ipswich, Brentford, Bournemouth and several others you would have felt fairly comfortable.

It's pretty easy in hindsight. See how bad they are playing and argue that we have failed in our signings, but they're a pretty decent squad and far more capable than what I see being served up.

Only one conclusion for me

francois123

Jan 18, 2011
After reading this I suppose it's back to Withdean!!!!
Of course Mr Bloom has this club at heart ,even in his blood. You do not invest the vast monies he has to bring us to Falmer just to see it collapse. We are all suffering and of course something has to give but without Mr Bloom 5000 of us would still be freezing our b--ls off Never forget every game in that pit. I deliberatly say 5000 of us because how many of US are moaning. Thank you Tony for the AMEX.

NEVER FORGET ARCHER AND CO, GILLINGHAM AND WITHDEAN.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
f**k it, I've decided if we go down it won't be so bad. No one can deny it'd be good to watch us take the league by storm Eh?

Baldock and CMS will score plenty. I wanna see our team winning, if it means dropping a league, so be it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tony made a huge personal sacrifice for us, if he doesn't get it 100% right we'll just have to live with it. The foundation of this club are sound and things will come good again with or with Sami

If Tony hadn't come along where would we be now? What do people want?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
f**k it, I've decided if we go down it won't be so bad. No one can deny it'd be good to watch us take the league by storm Eh?

Baldock and CMS will score plenty. I wanna see our team winning, if it means dropping a league, so be it.
It certainly wouldn't be the disaster many are making it out to be. CMS won't be our player next season though, which probably isn't a disaster either.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You really can't have read the thread...I didn't belittle anyone! I did however defend myself when it was rudely suggested I slap myself hard around the face. I haven't yet seen your post suggesting he should desist from provocative posts only because we have differing degrees of patience towards our manager. ???

Stereotyping people whose opinion may differ from your's as whingers in a derogatory fashion is belittling people

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Less than five months ago, almost literally every other post on here was about when, not if, we're promoted to the premier league - just look at the nice stadium! etc etc etc. Now the consolation is that we'll probably beat Fleetwood Town next year.

That's quite a decline. Bloom is being cut an astonishing amount of slack, imho.

Barber out. Hyppia out. Burke out. Now.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It certainly wouldn't be the disaster many are making it out to be. CMS won't be our player next season though, which probably isn't a disaster either.

It'd make 'Premier League ready' look even more dumb though, wouldn't it?
Given the strides we'd taken & how thoroughly avoidable & predictable our mistakes have been since, I'd call it a disaster

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All this Barber/Burke/Hyppia/Jones out stuff is fine, but no one has put forward a coherent strategy for replacing them with anyone better. There WERE informal discussions with another high profile manager with both lower league, Premier League and Champions League experience a few weeks ago, he took up a better off, whether that proves to be a real good choice for the other club remains to be seen.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
All this Barber/Burke/Hyppia/Jones out stuff is fine, but no one has put forward a coherent strategy for replacing them with anyone better. There WERE informal discussions with another high profile manager with both lower league, Premier League and Champions League experience a few weeks ago, he took up a better off, whether that proves to be a real good choice for the other club remains to be seen.

RDM?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Do we have to put forward a "coherent strategy" though? It isn't my job to recruit for these positions. It's Tony's. If I go to a bar, buy a pint and it's flat I don't need to know anything about keeping beer to a) know the beer isn't right and b) to be able to request a fresh one. Same here. I know it's wrong, it's not my job to fix it.

Do we have to put forward a "coherent strategy" though? It isn't my job to recruit for these positions. It's Tony's. If I go to a bar, buy a pint and it's flat I don't need to know anything about keeping beer to a) know the beer isn't right and b) to be able to request a fresh one. Same here. I know it's wrong, it's not my job to fix it.
But no-one running the bar will even acknowledge that there might be something wrong with the beer. All the customer is getting is a reminder that there's a curry night planned for next Wednesday.

francois123

Jan 18, 2011
After reading this I suppose it's back to Withdean!!!!
Of course Mr Bloom has this club at heart ,even in his blood. You do not invest the vast monies he has to bring us to Falmer just to see it collapse. We are all suffering and of course something has to give but without Mr Bloom 5000 of us would still be freezing our b--ls off Never forget every game in that pit. I deliberatly say 5000 of us because how many of US are moaning. Thank you Tony for the AMEX.

NEVER FORGET ARCHER AND CO, GILLINGHAM AND WITHDEAN.

Sorry meant to say the 5000 of Us are Not moaning

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

Moyes?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Why would TB listen anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here