Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I had the dubious honour of meeting him and his entourage in Wellington New Zealand in 2005, Lions Tour,.... they were all pricks, and each night they appeared in the bar they got worse, it seems to me that his loudmouth look at me persona has just continued, good riddance I say.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps Top Gear can go back to being about cars and not presenters.

Given how mundane and lookalike cars are these days that would never take off.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
What I find fascinating is that a good many of the shall we say self proclaimed left of centre types on this forum seem to be delighted with this news, why is that?

Because he's a racist, but afraid to admit it? Because he thinks dead prostitutes are funny? Because he thinks that everyone that isn't a middle class white male is beneath him and worthy only ridicule, because he's chums with Dave. Fascinating, really? I'd have though blindingly obvious would be more appropriate.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Word breaking today that he threw a punch at a producer, hence his suspension. This sort of violence in the workplace would be an instant dismissal in almost any walk of life, lets hope the BBC do the right thing and ship him out. There can be no excuse for throwing a punch in the workplace, even Lennox Lewis managed to contain himself from doing that for many years.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Because he's a racist, but afraid to admit it? Because he thinks dead prostitutes are funny? Because he thinks that everyone that isn't a middle class white male is beneath him and worthy only ridicule, because he's chums with Dave. Fascinating, really? I'd have though blindingly obvious would be more appropriate.

This, this and thrice this. He is an objectionable, boorish and opinionated prat who is arrogant enough to think that his personality will let him get away with anything.

Maybe he will be right about that last bit but, if he did punch someone (which the BBC website is actually saying now), that is gross misconduct which is solid grounds for instant dismissal. I certainly would, if it were my discussion, and that is partly because I think Top Gear would survive without him.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As an occasional viewer of TG and not a car fanatic, I have to say I wouldn't watch it without JC and co. I watched 5th Gear ONCE ..... what a steaming pile of turd that was !!!! No JC, no Top Gear and the BBC would be foolish to let the income stop ( and no doubt then blame dropping income on their desire to increase the licence fee ).

EDIT : and to all those that find him objectionable in some way, learn to use your f**king off switch then.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't watch it very often but when I do I watch it because of the three presenters including Clarkson, he is generally funny and ticks a lot of the right non pc boxes for me. This currently has become too soft and female and needs proper blokes telly now and again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Really?! Disgraceful is the Russians invading South Eastern Ukraine and denying they have done so whilst thousands are killed as a result. Argentinians getting worked up by a number plate on a car doesnt even register.
It really does. Yes I take your point about perspective - people use "disgraceful" to describe a poor Albion performance, afterall.

But let's be clear about this. That Falklands numberplate was needlessly provocative. And to see them all cowering behind the safety of an Argentine police convoy and then insisting it was all a misunderstanding and that they hadn't realised was utterly embarrassing and yes, disgusting.

Not so brave it seems, when confronted by Argentine war veterans and their relatives, some of whom needlessly lost their teenage sons on the whim of a military junta. I'm fairly sure a fairly poor country like Argentina would rather not spend money having to protect gobshite simpletons from the UK acting like colonials on their patch.

So yes, disgusting in my opinion. No better than the idiots luzzing plastic chairs in Belgium singing Bomber Harris and No Surrender songs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Chicken Run has always been a bit of a simpleton on these matters, to be fair. He's an estate agent I think, which probably says all you need to know.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
As an occasional viewer of TG and not a car fanatic, I have to say I wouldn't watch it without JC and co. I watched 5th Gear ONCE ..... what a steaming pile of turd that was !!!! No JC, no Top Gear and the BBC would be foolish to let the income stop ( and no doubt then blame dropping income on their desire to increase the licence fee ).

EDIT : and to all those that find him objectionable in some way, learn to use your f**king off switch then.

Ah, another post confirming the end in your location detail is superfluous.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It really does. Yes I take your point about perspective - people use "disgraceful" to describe a poor Albion performance, afterall.

But let's be clear about this. That Falklands numberplate was needlessly provocative. And to see them all cowering behind the safety of an Argentine police convoy and then insisting it was all a misunderstanding and that they hadn't realised was utterly embarrassing and yes, disgusting.

Not so brave it seems, when confronted by Argentine war veterans and their relatives, some of whom needlessly lost their teenage sons on the whim of a military junta. I'm fairly sure a fairly poor country like Argentina would rather not spend money having to protect gobshite simpletons from the UK acting like colonials on their patch.

So yes, disgusting in my opinion. No better than the idiots luzzing plastic chairs in Belgium singing Bomber Harris and No Surrender songs.

This

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Chicken Run has always been a bit of a simpleton on these matters, to be fair. He's an estate agent I think, which probably says all you need to know.

This as well

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
you do remember how dull that was, right. or is, in the Fifth Gear form as pointed out. i havent watched that in years, Top Gear though is regular viewing for the past decade. even the missus likes it. thats its appeal, of course, not being just about cars, its a bunch of not properly grown up men larking about loosly based around cars.

I do remember enjoying it before it became the Clarkson ego show.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Also. As a UK citizen I take offence to any fellow citizen acting a complete cock in someone else's country. It's embarrassing. Good riddance and I'm glad the BBC has finally decided to do something they should have done years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here