Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If you were lamped by a work colleague in the process of your job, would you question his politics or expect him to be severely disciplined ?

Irrelevant.
I merely passed a comment regarding the news item and forecast what would happen on NSC.
Personally, I don't watch the programme and I do not give two hoots what happens to Top Gear or Jeremy Clarkson.......unlike 'Outraged of NSC'.
I do quite enjoy his Sunday Times column sometimes.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Clarkson will have to gi as this little episode could cost the BBC a six figure sum in costs. Lots of the footage for the remaining shows has been filmed, and scripts written etc. and it will all have to be canned and shows rescheduled. This all costs cash at a time when the BBC is under ever mire scrutiny over the licence fee. It's goodbye Mr Clarkson if proved.

And for the first time, this series is being shown on BBC Entertainment here on the same night it is transmitted in the UK, so I assume it is worldwide as well. That would not come cheaply for the host satellite/cable companies either.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Clarkson will have to stay as this little episode could cost the BBC a six figure sum in costs. Lots of the footage for the remaining shows has been filmed, and scripts written etc. and it will all have to be canned and shows rescheduled. This all costs cash at a time when the BBC is under ever mire scrutiny over the licence fee. It's another slap on the wrist Mr Clarkson if proved.

Corrected for you.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Anyone know if there's a petition NOT to reinstate him? If so, then details please........................

How about one to sack the ludicrously named assistant producer who after working for the Beeb for 7 years had the huge task of ordering food for everyone & wasn't capable of this simple but important task.
He is the sole cause of the issue & should be sacked forthwith

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wonder if the reveal of this 'stunt' will be on Comic Relief ???

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
How about one to sack the ludicrously named assistant producer who after working for the Beeb for 7 years had the huge task of ordering food for everyone & wasn't capable of this simple but important task.

Ha! So, if you (allegedly) fail to do your job properly, it's ok if a colleague (attempts to?) lamps you?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not interested in him or her.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
He is one of the most popular TV personalities in the world, and the lead presenter of the most popular television programme on the planet.

If he goes then Top Gear goes and the BBC will much worse off for it.

If he punched someone then investigate him and punish him, but sacking him would be suicide for the BBC.

I personally think he is brilliant and would stop watching without him.

Sunnymead

Mar 4, 2015
Word breaking today that he threw a punch at a producer, hence his suspension. This sort of violence in the workplace would be an instant dismissal in almost any walk of life, lets hope the BBC do the right thing and ship him out. There can be no excuse for throwing a punch in the workplace, even Lennox Lewis managed to contain himself from doing that for many years.
Really? You obviously dont have a clue about boxing, Lennox Lewis was one of the the best heavyweights in the world in the last 20 odd years , let alone British boxers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What did they lie about ?

They drove the length of Argentina on the British number plate "H982 FKL"

When Argentine war vets finally caught up with them, understandably upset, Clarkson and the other two dicks were filmed cowering in their hotel rooms and then behind a large convoy of Argentine police claiming they didn't see the significance of the number plate.

Scenes rather reminiscent of those dicks who sing "you're not scary anymore" from the safety of Cowards Way at Millwall, until they open the gates - at which point you can hear a pin drop. Except of course, those people in Cowards Way weren't acting all billy big bollox at the expense of people who had lost a pointless war where their teenage relatives had died on their own patch.

Sunnymead

Mar 4, 2015
It really does. Yes I take your point about perspective - people use "disgraceful" to describe a poor Albion performance, afterall.

But let's be clear about this. That Falklands numberplate was needlessly provocative. And to see them all cowering behind the safety of an Argentine police convoy and then insisting it was all a misunderstanding and that they hadn't realised was utterly embarrassing and yes, disgusting.

Not so brave it seems, when confronted by Argentine war veterans and their relatives, some of whom needlessly lost their teenage sons on the whim of a military junta. I'm fairly sure a fairly poor country like Argentina would rather not spend money having to protect gobshite simpletons from the UK acting like colonials on their patch.

So yes, disgusting in my opinion. No better than the idiots luzzing plastic chairs in Belgium singing Bomber Harris and No Surrender songs.
Oh get a life and stop being such a bedwetter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports