Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton JIHADI killed by US bombers in Syria

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'm gutted he didn't get sticked by a female Peshmerga....

I'm not excusing his actions at all, he was an idiot and he's paid the price.

Society does need to take responsibility too though. Western nations have bombed no less than 6 Muslim countries in the last 12 years. Islamophobia is rife, even on a modest & tolerant website like NSC there is constant denunciation of Muslims, and generally the youth of today are disenfranchised and see no meaningful future. It's no surprise to me how so many young Muslim men are so easily radicalised when their identity is despised and they can envision an opportunity to be a part of something significant, albeit evil, like this.

I think it's sad. Not for the bitter, angry man that he became - not even for his parents, who could have possibly done more - but for the innocent, vulnerable child that he was 10 years ago. There are children in schools today that will suffer the same fate if we continue this approach.

Fallacy after fallacy, it's the West's fault that Syria fell into civil war that lead to the rise of IS? No one here has actually made mention of Islam or Muslim in a derogatory manner, only highlighting the radicalism of the extremists. If you think that this is a case of identity crisis, it really shows how little you understand of the conflict.

Please pick up Sam Huntington's "Clash of Civilisations" book and educate yourself.

that all depends on your immediate and strategic objectives.

Which he has obviously missed, because he'd be quick to cry foul if we put troops on the ground. We can't destroy the idea, but we can kill as many of the ****ers perpetrating atrocities now to send a message to would be followers and allow regional militaries to reorganise and better prepare themselves. Which is the main reason why IS pretty much ran the north of Iraq because the ISF weren't prepared to fight them.

Last edited:

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Agreed. Surely a better value option would be one very large bomb,big enough to wipe out all of the buggers, rather than millions of little ones which requires an awful lot of logistical to-ing and fro-ing.

I have always thought that if George Bush had any real bottle, then on 9/12 he would have turned Afghanistan into a sea of glass and taught them a lesson they'd never hjave forgotten...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Islamophobia is rife, even on a modest & tolerant website like NSC there is constant denunciation of Muslims,

I have seen plenty on NSC publicly constantly condemn this vile group.
I have not seen users routinely constantly condemn Muslims simply for being Muslims as you are claiming.(perhaps you can provide evidence)
I do see people questioning whether Islam is a good or bad religion.

Perhaps its best to remember that before labelling sections of NSC as islamophobic simply because you have your own fixed agenda on these issues.

Openly questioning certain values of a religion or how said values are interpreted is not islamophobic its called freedom!, this is your first fundamental mistake

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Quite - You're up against it here though, people don't seem to have a concept of cause and effect, only good and bad or black and white. Not defending his actions for a second, but more intelligent people might realise that understanding why these things happen might have a happier ending than just bombing the protagonists...
"More intelligent people" might consider that just because someone disagrees with you it doesn't make them less clever. They also might better engage people to their way of thinking by not resorting to ad hominem arguments.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
No more sympathy for this "jihadist" than I would have for the death of a 19 year old SS soldier. They both knew exactly what they were getting into and what the consequences could be.

The_Bochnia_massacre_German-occupied_Poland_1939.jpg
Execution.jpg

Last edited:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
No more sympathy for this "jihadist" than I would have for the death of a 19 year old SS soldier. They both knew exactly what they were getting into and what the consequences could be.

Execution.jpg
And don't forget the rape of women and killing of children I would drop a leaflet first saying the world people and all gods are against you quit now or face the consequences. Also warning those that are helping them will also face retribution.
This situation is so upsetting and you can see why they all want to come to Britain and that's another reason we need to stop all ethnic cleansing !

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
"More intelligent people" might consider that just because someone disagrees with you it doesn't make them less clever. They also might better engage people to their way of thinking by not resorting to ad hominem arguments.

I think it is more intelligent to think about what you would do differently to change this situation, how we might stop radicalising people for instance. Rather than the 'just bomb the sh*t out of them approach', military action may have some short term benefits, but at the very least it needs to be backed up by something a little sophisticated.

D

Deleted member 22389

For the past 1,500 hundred years the west has been at war with ISLAM. The faith is utterly irreconcilable with secularism and always will be.

Its an interesting intellectual exercise to chart the rise of Islam against the rise of social democracy and and he impact of popular movements in non Islamic societies from royalist to communist or from dictatorship to democracy...it's always the same. Islam is NOT a religion in the same way as Christianity or Buddhism. It's a way of life. A political, legal and moral code which absolutely cannot work outside of its own structure.

What I am saying is that beyond the ridiculous image of a bearded man waving his index finger next to his face as he lectures the infidels in his suicide video there is a deeper message. A message which says "there is NOTHING anyone can do or say to us that will convince us to stop. We hate you. You are worthless. We will never allow you to live in peace alongside us. We will only rest when everyone on earth submits to the will of our blood soaked god.

It fills me with dread when I hear another secular "commentator" on the news or during a debate saying "0f course these Jihadis aren't really Muslims" and excusing the religion from rancour every time another charity worker or tourist gets their head hacked off by a balaclava wearing maniac on YouTube. That's like saying its nothing to do with Hitler had nothing to do with an individual SS soldier shooting a Jew or communist...it did. It had EVERYTHING. To do with Hitler and Jihad has EVERYTHING to do with Islam...and we all know it deep down. From Abu Qutada to Lee Rigby.

Islam is responsible and every "moderate" imam can only lie for so long.

Agree with every word you say here.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Society does need to take responsibility too though. Western nations have bombed no less than 6 Muslim countries in the last 12 years. Islamophobia is rife, even on a modest & tolerant website like NSC there is constant denunciation of Muslims, and generally the youth of today are disenfranchised and see no meaningful future. It's no surprise to me how so many young Muslim men are so easily radicalised when their identity is despised and they can envision an opportunity to be a part of something significant, albeit evil, like this.

I think it's sad. Not for the bitter, angry man that he became - not even for his parents, who could have possibly done more - but for the innocent, vulnerable child that he was 10 years ago. There are children in schools today that will suffer the same fate if we continue this approach.

I agree with parts of what you're saying, but in my opinion that post is far too one sided.

Everybody feels persecuted. Every teenager feels like they don't belong. Every teenager goes through that impressionable stage in their life when they look up to someone or need some kind of outlet. That phase when Band XYZ are the best thing in the world and everyone who doesn't agree is an idiot. That's normal.

The big difference here is that the people trying to turn their heads are not singers in bands or feminists or even the gangs of London's suburbs. They are ****ing maniacs with a desire to hate and kill. Like any cult or gang, they lure people in by giving them a sense of belonging and reprogram their minds when they're at their most impressionable. THEY are the problem. The hateful, manipulative scumbags who want to kill others because of their religion or beliefs. They are the ones who we should be focusing on.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Brighton teenager killed in Syria by US air strikes, claim western fighters.

The mother of a Brighton teenager understood to have been killed in US air strikes in Syria has spoken of her anguish.
Ibrahim Kamara, 19, from Newmarket Road, is believed to be the first Briton to die in the attacks against militants along the Syrian/Iraqi border.
Last night his mother Khadijah Kamara, 35, told The Argus she found out about his death on Tuesday afternoon through Facebook.

Speaking at her shop on Lewes Road, Brighton, which raises money to help victims of war from Sierra Leone, she said: “My son said his friend had posted on Facebook that Ibrahim had been martyred that morning.
“He did not tell me he was going to Syria, he just spoke to his brother and said he was going to Manchester to study.
“He called me back in February and told me: 'Mum I am in Syria'. I hung up the phone. Then he called again and I told him not to call me again. I went to the police.
“I was angry and disappointed because he did not think about what his actions would do to us and because he was in college.
“I used to hear him say about what was happening to people suffering and all this.
“He never said he was going to fight. I don't know if he was going to fight.
“I have prayed that God forgives him.”

The family, originally from Sierra Leone, moved to Brighton in 2004 from Rotterdam. Ibrahim attended Fairlights Primary School and Varndean College.
He was last seen by his family in January.

Unverified reports from western fighters in Syria claim that Ibrahim, who also went under the name Khalil al-Britani, was killed by fire from an American drone while he was sleeping in the country's largest city Aleppo.
He was reportedly a member of Jabhat al-Nusra, an affiliate group of al-Qaida, which has fought against both the forces of the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad, and Islamic State militants in the country's civil war. Jihadis in Syria claim about 50 fighters from the Jabhat al-Nusra terror group were killed in the first round of air strikes this week.

Ibrahim wrote on his Facebook wall in July: “What would really change the situation for all oppressed muslim lands is JIHAD.
“And my advice is do your research. In quran or sunnah and dont let your local imaams do your thinking for you.
“Allah gifted you a brain. At this time not many people would like to tell you the truth not even your imaam.”
In the same month he also posted a message sent from a Syrian Army soldier goading him over the death of Abdullah Deghayes, from Saltdean.
Abdullah, a pupil at Longhill High School, Brighton, was killed fighting in Syria in April after leaving the UK in January.

He travelled with his brothers Jafar, 16, and Amer, 20, who are still believed to be in the war-torn country.
A tribute which was posted on a Facebook account under Amer's name said: “May Allah Accept You Ibraheem Kamara. What an honor, he always use to tell me he wants to catch up with my brother Abdullah.”

A Facebook account for Ibrahim shows him to be online friends with both Amer and Abdullah.
Abdul Waheed Majeed, from Crawley, became the first British suicide bomber in Syria in February when he drove a truck full of explosives into Aleppo prison.
A Foreign Office spokesman told The Argus last night: “We are aware of reports of a British national killed in Syria.

So in short his brothers are still in Syria fighting and his parents knew nothing and are against their actions.

Yeah right, bigoted and extreme views often start at home even if it is just subtly comments here and there heard from our parents or relatives.

That shop they own is at the bottom of my road and I wonder where the money may actually go then ?

He got what he deserved without question, has anyone asked if he actually killed anyone he was fighting after all.... Hope his brothers go the same way, the more of them killed in the bombings the less of them to come back and kill us on our and their home soil.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 405

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Execution.jpg

you cant compare Nazis with Jihadists(well actually you can)

you will upset at least two NSC users....possibly three

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
That's all very nice that quote but there are countless examples of doing the same thing and getting different results. Don't hang your hat on silly things like that.

Of course - Iraq is a much better place now that all those bombs have been dropped and will be so much better when lots more have been dropped!

Sorry but I don't believe that for one minute - you may believe it to be so, that is your prerogative but I don't think I'm the one being 'silly'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Having the bottom line set as WAR is humanities only legacy.

Billions of people have died in the name of a disagreement, whether it be border, religious, financial whatever.

Bill Clinton did an interesting interview on The Daily Show last week (probably on youtube).
He sounded very un-American taking mainly about ebola.

Talking about pulling all the resources together, having people on the ground, listening, working with governments and communities.

At some point someone has to say 'enough is enough' just bombing 'them' and being outraged when 'they' fight back isn't, doesn't, and never has worked.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

You will continue to get thumbs down and negative comments on here but you are absolutely right on this. I certainly don't hear you making excuses for him but we have to look at all the influences and reasons behind his decision. Some of these it will turn out are pretty uncomfortable and unpalatable but that doesn't make them any less important.

What is happening now in the middle east is what i believe is known as blow back. The West's foreign policy in the middle east has an awful lot to answer for.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Agreed. Surely a better value option would be one very large bomb,big enough to wipe out all of the buggers, rather than millions of little ones which requires an awful lot of logistical to-ing and fro-ing.

Very sad and very telling that your comment got so many likes.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
You have to see this kid as a victim of a mind controlling cult....an idealistic teen who set out to support (maybe fight for) a cause that was sold to him as a fight for right and justice - even though the Western world can see it differently....

He paid the price for his actions, I am not criticising the air strike , but there is a big difference between him and the cult leaders who are really responsible

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Considering this and your later post, you do realise that some Brighton fans are Muslim? Normal people just like the rest of us - How welcome do you think they'd feel here? Do you think they'd feel a sense of belonging, or see a society that that want to contribute to?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This person was not long ago an innocent child who had his whole life ahead of him.

Something went wrong down the line. I encourage you all to consider what that could be.

You need to open your eyes. I normally appreciate your anti war stance but yo are showing yourself up as very naive of late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here