Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cecil Parkinson - Good bye and Good riddance

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Poor kid did nothing whatsoever to deserve such cold-hearted biological parents - who probably deserved each other.

Sincerely hope she's found somebody who loves her for the person she is, rather than her use as a political weapon.
I think you're doing Sara Keats a disservice there mate, read what she said properly and she simply wants to spare her daughter any avoidable distress.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
The facts surrounding his daughter are well known in spite of his cowardly and dishonourable attempts to stifle them. So you think that any person who dies deserves respect whatever deeds they committed? How long should we have mourned for Cyril Smith? Greville Janner?
Are you blinded by your politics or just a moron?

You have fallen into to age old trap of not actually reading my post because nowhere do I say about respecting the individual and nowhere do I mention mourning either. Nothing to to do with being blinded unlike you who can't even read and understand properly. Not nice to jump to conclusions but I won't hold it against you

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think you're doing Sara Keats a disservice there mate, read what she said properly and she simply wants to spare her daughter any avoidable distress.

Sorry mate. but seem to recall at the time that Sara Keats and her nasty Tory parents deliberately dragged their dirty washing as much into the public eye as they could, in order to bring their Tory sleazeball quarry down. Like I say, both of the poor kid's cold-hearted biological parents are fully deserving of each other.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Understandable assumption but I don't equate fidelity with competence to do a job well. Fair enough to lambast politicians if they preach family values while screwing around but I think we should be a bit more grown up about basic human flaws in our politicians. Was JFK a bad President? Clinton?

I think most people that are berating him are not doing so because of his infidelity but because of his utter rejection of the consequence of that infidelity. There are plenty of politicians, and people in other walks of life for that matter, that have strayed but I'm not aware of any that have behaved in the way he has to the one person who was wholly innocent of his and Sara Keays affair.

You seem to want to play the party politics card so would it be fair to assume that, assuming you are leaning towards the right rather than the left, you hold him in the highest regard?

As with Janner, politics plays no part in it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
An article from those communists at the Daily Telegraph - (text removed to avoid repetition of a long post).

Before reading this article I wasn't at all concerned about the passing of a very slimy politician who operated in, and gleefully supported, some of the most anti-social years of selfish Tory politics; after reading it, I'm rather glad I'm no longer breathing the same oxygen as him.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Sorry mate. but seem to recall at the time that Sara Keats and her nasty Tory parents deliberately dragged their dirty washing as much into the public eye as they could, in order to bring their Tory sleazeball quarry down. Like I say, both of the poor kid's cold-hearted biological parents are fully deserving of each other.

We will have to agree to disagree mate , he'll hath no fury etc, I have to say I'd probably be of the same mindset as Sara keays and her parents if it were my daughter , once Parkinson had shown he was going to shirk his responsibilities , in fact not just that but act in such a callous manner, I'd have wanted to cause him as much pain as possible .

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As a politician he came across as snooty and slimy.
He had an affair, was married and both consenting parties knew this. As he never got involved with his child, ignored her and worse, is worse for me than his behaviour in politics. Obviously his family and some will mourn their loss.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think most people that are berating him are not doing so because of his infidelity but because of his utter rejection of the consequence of that infidelity. There are plenty of politicians, and people in other walks of life for that matter, that have strayed but I'm not aware of any that have behaved in the way he has to the one person who was wholly innocent of his and Sara Keays affair.

You seem to want to play the party politics card so would it be fair to assume that, assuming you are leaning towards the right rather than the left, you hold him in the highest regard?

As with Janner, politics plays no part in it.

Quite possibly but you're quoting the part of my previous post where I was responding to a broader point about infidelity not this particular case.

If you read back through my posts on this thread you will see I differentiate between some people including you who have condemned him for his behaviour to his daughter and some who have some political axe to grind. You will also see I have at no point defended or supported his actions, quite the opposite in fact.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You have fallen into to age old trap of not actually reading my post because nowhere do I say about respecting the individual and nowhere do I mention mourning either. Nothing to to do with being blinded unlike you who can't even read and understand properly. Not nice to jump to conclusions but I won't hold it against you

Your original implication was obvious; your subsequent attempted obfuscation is risible.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not that well known as you clearly aren't aware of them you snivelling little ignorant bigot.

Well, this post really does reveal all anyone would ever need to know about you.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Many Labour posters on here are extremely vitriolic against anything Tory whereas Tory posters tend to be much less so.

Not stupid at all. Yours is more typical. "I don't agree with you so your comment must be stupid "

Hilarious. I was responding to the fact you labelled all Labour voters as "vitriolic" and "horrible people".

That was your comment. And I don't agree with you.

And yes, it makes you stupid.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Hilarious. I was responding to the fact you labelled all Labour voters as "vitriolic" and "horrible people".

That was your comment. And I don't agree with you.

And yes, it makes you stupid.

Try reading it again .

I said " Many Labour posters on here are extremely vitriolic against anything Tory whereas Tory posters tend to be much less so.

I still disagree with you.But prepared to call it quits. You think I am stupid. I think you are a moron

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Ok, either you're being deliberately abstruse, disingenuous, trying to wriggle off the hook or just plain thick so let's break this down:

Regardless of what misgivings and wrong decisions he made. The person in question has just passed away

Although for some reason you structured this as two sentences, this is a clear statement implying that as he has just died then he shouldn't be criticised.

and I think your wrong to talk about this matter when you probably have no idea on the exact details apart from what you read in the gutter press.

The truth has been published widely and is not in the sole domain of the gutter press so you are wrong. You are also wrong to suggest that his cowardly and dishonourable actions are above criticism.

If you haven't regretted anything in your past then good luck to you.

What do you mean by this preposterous statement? Don't put this on anyone else, it is all about him. "Your honour, I ask you to find the defendant not guilty of murder as other people have got away with it before".

You have fallen into to age old trap of not actually reading my post because nowhere do I say about respecting the individual and nowhere do I mention mourning either.

Reread the first quote, stop with all the dissembling and stop kidding yourself (you're certainly not kidding me), your implication is crystal clear - respect the dead.

Of course you didn't mention mourning; I did, as a parody to highlight how ridiculous you posturing comes across. Derrr, keep-up at the back please!

Nothing to to do with being blinded unlike you who can't even read and understand properly. Not nice to jump to conclusions but I won't hold it against you

Talking of jumping to conclusions, I can read and understand clearly enough to see right through you.

Yep!! you have done it again!

Oh c'mon, give me something better to work with than this flabby-brained flappy-mouthed platitudinous attempt at a rejoinder.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Ok, either you're being deliberately abstruse, disingenuous, trying to wriggle off the hook or just plain thick so let's

Although for some reason you structured this as two sentences, this is a clear statement implying that as he has just died then he shouldn't be criticised.

The truth has been published widely and is not in the sole domain of the gutter press so you are wrong. You are also wrong to suggest that his cowardly and dishonourable actions are above criticism.

What do you mean by this preposterous statement? Don't put this on anyone else, it is all about him. "Your honour, I ask you to find the defendant not guilty of murder as other people have got away with it before".

Reread the first quote, stop with all the dissembling and stop kidding yourself (you're certainly not kidding me), your implication is crystal clear - respect the dead.

Of course you didn't mention mourning; I did, as a parody to highlight how ridiculous you posturing comes across. Derrr, keep-up at the back please!

Talking of jumping to conclusions, I can read and understand clearly enough to see right through you.

Oh c'mon, give me something better to work with than this flabby-brained flappy-mouthed platitudinous attempt at a rejoinder.

Too much time on your hands! Go back to your Crystal Ball or Abacus because 2 + 2 does equal 5. If the best you can come up with is asumptions and mind reading than you have lost the argument.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
he would be a normal politician in France or Italy having a bit extra on the side he was one of Maggie loyalist surporters. R.I.P

Im not sure that his actions would be considered normal anywhere.
Regardless of his politics, he was a complete twunt.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Blimey, this could be the first thread in which [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] broadly agree. (And the last I suspect). God bless you Cecil, your wandering willy has brought them together.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Blimey, this could be the first thread in which [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] broadly agree. (And the last I suspect). God bless you Cecil, your wandering willy has brought them together.

We also agree on other issues believe it or not, particularly the State of Israel :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here