Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cecil Parkinson - Good bye and Good riddance

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Too much time on your hands! Go back to your Crystal Ball or Abacus because 2 + 2 does equal 5. If the best you can come up with is asumptions and mind reading than you have lost the argument.

Really? Is that the best you've got? You do look a tad small holding that big spade in such an enormous hole.

I now realise that I was wrong to suggest "either you were being deliberately abstruse, disingenuous, trying to wriggle off the hook or just plain thick"; I should've included "wilfully perverse" and omitted the "either"/"or" pronoun/conjunction construct.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Really? Is that the best you've got? You do look a tad small holding that big spade in such an enormous hole.

I now realise that I was wrong to suggest "either you were being deliberately abstruse, disingenuous, trying to wriggle off the hook or just plain thick"; I should've included "wilfully perverse" and omitted the "either"/"or" pronoun/conjunction construct.

You're just another arrogant, smug, nasty little leftist bigot, Cecil Parkinson was worth 10,000 of you. Unfortunately there are millions like you in this country; fortunately there are even more decent people who'll prevent the terrorist lovers you would like to see take power from ever gaining it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You're just another arrogant, smug, nasty little leftist bigot, Cecil Parkinson was worth 10,000 of you. Unfortunately there are millions like you in this country; fortunately there are even more decent people who'll prevent the terrorist lovers you would like to see take power from ever gaining it.

Parkinson was a scumbag, nothing more, nothing less. To even consider him better than ANYBODY is incredulous.
Try and get it through your head. The politics has nothing to do with the scumbags actions.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk

Got to be honest I'm losing interest in responding to you because in the real world I would not give you the time of day and if we ever met I promise you you would not be allowed abuse me the way you have. Hide behind your keyboard say what you want to say bebause I really don't care for people like you.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Parkinson was a scumbag, nothing more, nothing less. To even consider him better than ANYBODY is incredulous.
Try and get it through your head. The politics has nothing to do with the scumbags actions.

You're usually a bit more nuanced and thoughtful in your opinions I can think of plenty of people who are worse.

Agree he didn't act properly in relation to his behaviour towards his daughter but surely some of his accomplishments when in government (overseeing 83 election campaign/victory) unquestioningly benefitting millions as well as his (as far as we know) impeccable behaviour to other family members and friends suggests an overall positive opinion of Cecil is at least .. possible.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Got to be honest I'm losing interest in responding to you because in the real world I would not give you the time of day and if we ever met I promise you you would not be allowed abuse me the way you have. Hide behind your keyboard say what you want to say bebause I really don't care for people like you.

He's just typical of the nasty leftist bullies Corbyn and McDonnell represent. You made the mistake of holding a view he doesn't agree with. You might have put that view mildly and politely but the neo-nazis of the left allow no opinion contrary to their own.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Wow! What a leap.

I post my thoughts on how distasteful I find a tory politician's morally reprehensible actions. I then go on to also refer to both labour and liberal peers, clearly making my statements apolitical. However, you assume from that that I (and presumably "millions like me") support terrorism.

What an odd, seethingly angry and very confused little chap you are.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You're usually a bit more nuanced and thoughtful in your opinions I can think of plenty of people who are worse.

Agree he didn't act properly in relation to his behaviour towards his daughter but surely some of his accomplishments when in government (overseeing 83 election campaign/victory) unquestioningly benefitting millions as well as his (as far as we know) impeccable behaviour to other family members and friends suggests an overall positive opinion of Cecil is at least .. possible.

As a father, I cannnot.
Children are an emotive subject. To treat this child, with all the disadvantages she had been dealt already, the way he did, is in my mind disgusting, and beneath contempt.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As a father, I cannnot.
Children are an emotive subject. To treat this child, with all the disadvantages she had been dealt already, the way he did, is in my mind disgusting, and beneath contempt.

A reasonable point but I doubt his other children would appreciate him being pilloried as nothing more than a disgusting scumbag.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
A reasonable point but I doubt his other children would appreciate him being pilloried as nothing more than a disgusting scumbag.

Thats the price of living in the public eye im afraid.
Plus im sure they benefitted, what with him not having to pay money out of the family funds for his child out of wedlock.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Your muddled responses have been virtually non existent but OK you win, I'll stop now, I'm really scared that you may meet me in the real world at the Amex and carry out your promise to not allow me to abuse you.

........or was it that you wouldn't give me the time of day?

Well, although one of us is clearly confused we do both share the same sentiment about each other.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
As a father, I cannnot.

Cecil Parkinson contributed over £500,000 to provide for Flora till the day she dies. It was Miss Keays who was determined to go through with the pregnancy. Though Mr Parkinson made it clear he'd have preferred she have an abortion he never shirked his responsibilities. It was Miss Keays who was determined all along that Mr Parkinson should be excluded from all aspects of their daughter's life, other than providing lots of money; once it was clear that her ploy to trap him and have him leave his wife had failed.
The whole sorry saga was a triple tragedy. Tragic for the child, tragic for Miss Keays who has paid a terrible price for her selfishness and tragic for Cecil Parkinson. Some (though obviously not you) might argue it was a quadruple tragedy; Cecil Parkinson would very likely have been Mrs Thatcher's successor but for his infidelity and its consequences.
Brilliant men are so often fools when it comes to sex. Cecil Parkinson certainly learned that Hell hath no fury, once she realised he wasn't leaving his wife she was determined to destroy him, even using her daughter to stick the knife in; now that is beneath contempt.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Very true we all form opinions on people in the public eye without really knowing them or the true circumstances instead we just rely on the filtered information we get through the media mingled with our own baggage and preconceptions/bias.

Plus im sure they benefitted, what with him not having to pay money out of the family funds for his child out of wedlock.

That sounds a bit like guilt by association reasoning possibly in an attempt to invalidate their feelings at this sad time?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Very true we all form opinions on people in the public eye without really knowing them or the true circumstances instead we just rely on the filtered information we get through the media mingled with our own baggage and preconceptions/bias.

That sounds a bit like guilt by association reasoning possibly in an attempt to invalidate their feelings at this sad time?

Of course its a sad time for them.
Its probably a sad time also for the daughter that he thew away. Despite his actions.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007

So where did the half a million plus that he contributed to Flora's welfare come from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here