Cecil Parkinson - Good bye and Good riddance

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So where did the half a million plus that he contributed to Flora's welfare come from?

Tell me about it. Im interested to hear the details of his financial contributions, although I dont consider this a purely financial issue.
He says he did, yet all the reports ive ever read of the case was how the Keyes woman was struggling.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Agreed so perhaps a good idea to let them grieve without a social media furore.

The reason I joined this thread was to point out, as others have previously, that the reasons he is held in contempt. was not about his politics.
Im sure the rest of the family has plenty to choose when it comes to reading about his failings, and probably their last stop will be NSC.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Agree he didn't act properly in relation to his behaviour towards his daughter but surely some of his accomplishments when in government (overseeing 83 election campaign/victory) unquestioningly benefitting millions as well as his (as far as we know) impeccable behaviour to other family members and friends suggests an overall positive opinion of Cecil is at least .. possible.

Here's a view (written in 2014 so uncoloured by his recent demise) of his accomplishments in Government from someone who was a senior civil servant in the Department for Transport in the 1980's when Parkinson was briefly Transport Secretary, as posted on the London Reconnections transport blog:

"You are too kind to Parkinson, whose intellectual qualities, literacy, and personal skills cannot be described without provoking a libel case. Suffice to say, his contribution to transport policy was nil – he was interested only in getting moved to a more prestigious department."

also:
"What amazed me – being brought up in a modest way where self advertisement and vanity were punished – was the sheer arrogance of so many politicians. In Transport, we had to endure an annual rotation of Secretaries of State, usually to allow Mrs T’s next “favoured successor” to cut their teeth – we got to see a lot of “talent” that way. Parkinson was probably the worst; apart from caring a lot for his hair style, he thought he knew a thing or two – came back from a lunch at the Danish embassy complaining that all the Dane next to him wanted to do was talk about Kirkegaard – “Bloody intellectual” – “Actually, SoS, I think he was referring to the current Danish Prime Minister”."

Sauce:
http://www.londonreconnections.com/2014/near-terminal-case-saving-marylebone-rail-road-conversion/
comments by "Graham H" who describes himself as "the senior civil servant in charge of research and cabinet briefing in DTp at the time and as the chap who then took on the DTp railway policy desk"

Yes, just one person's view and probably not verifiable, but his comments as a whole paint a picture of the operations of Government at that time, so I would view it as credible although probably of a time when Parkinson was assigned a job which was not what he'd wanted to do.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The reason I joined this thread was to point out, as others have previously, that the reasons he is held in contempt. was not about his politics.
Im sure the rest of the family has plenty to choose when it comes to reading about his failings, and probably their last stop will be NSC.

Fair points. I joined it to point out there was a political dynamic for some views expressed which there is.

TBH I don't think all the faux outrage and condemnation is anything more than yet another example of peoples desire to live vicariously through others because in the main we lead such dull uneventful lives. Look forward to the next one ... coming soon on NSC.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Fair points. I joined it to point out there was a political dynamic for some views expressed which there is.

TBH I don't think all the faux outrage and condemnation is anything more than yet another example of peoples desire to live vicariously through others because in the main we lead such dull uneventful lives. Look forward to the next one ... coming soon on NSC.

Ive always thought the same about the man. This thread hasnt changed anything really
It didnt have to be on NSC for me to suddenly think he was an ******** :)

but, thats it really

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You're just another arrogant, smug, nasty little leftist bigot, Cecil Parkinson was worth 10,000 of you. Unfortunately there are millions like you in this country; fortunately there are even more decent people who'll prevent the terrorist lovers you would like to see take power from ever gaining it.
Cecil Parkinson was a w anker , who didnt just turn his back on his own flesh and blood , he made her life a lot more difficult and unhappy as a result of his court action , how you can defend him is beyond me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Cecil Parkinson contributed over £500,000 to provide for Flora till the day she dies. It was Miss Keays who was determined to go through with the pregnancy. Though Mr Parkinson made it clear he'd have preferred she have an abortion he never shirked his responsibilities. It was Miss Keays who was determined all along that Mr Parkinson should be excluded from all aspects of their daughter's life, other than providing lots of money; once it was clear that her ploy to trap him and have him leave his wife had failed.
The whole sorry saga was a triple tragedy. Tragic for the child, tragic for Miss Keays who has paid a terrible price for her selfishness and tragic for Cecil Parkinson. Some (though obviously not you) might argue it was a quadruple tragedy; Cecil Parkinson would very likely have been Mrs Thatcher's successor but for his infidelity and its consequences.
Brilliant men are so often fools when it comes to sex. Cecil Parkinson certainly learned that Hell hath no fury, once she realised he wasn't leaving his wife she was determined to destroy him, even using her daughter to stick the knife in; now that is beneath contempt.

I think your post is merely regurgitating comments made by Parkinson himself. If that were the case, why did he go to court for the gagging order that remained in place until she was 18?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
The OP just wanted to declare his happiness that a member of Mrs Thatcher's government had died.

And used the fact that he had a daughter that he rejected to say as such. Classy.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Here's a view (written in 2014 so uncoloured by his recent demise) of his accomplishments in Government from someone who was a senior civil servant in the Department for Transport in the 1980's when Parkinson was briefly Transport Secretary, as posted on the London Reconnections transport blog:

Yes, just one person's view and probably not verifiable, but his comments as a whole paint a picture of the operations of Government at that time, so I would view it as credible although probably of a time when Parkinson was assigned a job which was not what he'd wanted to do.

Interesting read and possibly true although civil servants negative views on ministers are often reciprocated. I did refer to only some of his accomplishments in government and specifically overseeing the 83 election campaign which when considering the state of the opposition was an important must win election for the good of the country.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
You're just another arrogant, smug, nasty little leftist bigot, Cecil Parkinson was worth 10,000 of you. Unfortunately there are millions like you in this country; fortunately there are even more decent people who'll prevent the terrorist lovers you would like to see take power from ever gaining it.

So you approve of Parkinson's disgusting, repugnant behaviour? Interesting.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Cecil Parkinson contributed over £500,000 to provide for Flora till the day she dies. It was Miss Keays who was determined to go through with the pregnancy. Though Mr Parkinson made it clear he'd have preferred she have an abortion he never shirked his responsibilities. It was Miss Keays who was determined all along that Mr Parkinson should be excluded from all aspects of their daughter's life, other than providing lots of money; once it was clear that her ploy to trap him and have him leave his wife had failed.
The whole sorry saga was a triple tragedy. Tragic for the child, tragic for Miss Keays who has paid a terrible price for her selfishness and tragic for Cecil Parkinson. Some (though obviously not you) might argue it was a quadruple tragedy; Cecil Parkinson would very likely have been Mrs Thatcher's successor but for his infidelity and its consequences.
Brilliant men are so often fools when it comes to sex. Cecil Parkinson certainly learned that Hell hath no fury, once she realised he wasn't leaving his wife she was determined to destroy him, even using her daughter to stick the knife in; now that is beneath contempt.

£500,000. If you meant 'until the day he dies', that's £15,625 a year. Which isn't that much - I'd imagine some on here pay far more than that for their children.

You absolve Parkinson of all responsibilty for his behaviour (like she stuck a gun to his head and told him to go to court and get an injunction to deny Flora a normal life), and blame Sara Keays for him being a 12-bore w@nker? You also think that going through with a pregnancy is 'vindictive' and 'selfish'? I call it, in this instance, 'natural'.

And for that behaviour, you call him 'brilliant'? Wow.

There's nothing 'leftist' or 'Corbynista' about this - that's grizzling for the sake of grizzling. Parkinson was a totally nasty shit. From head to toe and back again.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
try reading it again .

I said " many labour posters on here are extremely vitriolic against anything tory whereas tory posters tend to be much less so.

I still disagree with you.but prepared to call it quits. You think i am stupid. I think you are a moron

This is what you originally said, you myopic ****

absolutely agree. This is not the time for the usual vitriolic labour voters to rejoice a mans death.

Horrible people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports