Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new away ('Volt' yellow) and third ('Crimson' red) shirts

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wow! Call me old-fashioned, but seems to me that if you have blue and white stripes as you home kit, you're only ever going to clash once in a blue moon with the oppo, and then only with their yellow kit or their red kit, in which case you'd wear the stripes. Might be missing something but can see no other possible reason for a randomly chosen third shirt other than to part tuats from their money.

Kerrrchiiing ££££ Spot on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The yellow one is putrid I am guessing the theory is if you look like Barcelona you might play like them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The most uninspiring, boring kit I have seen in years.

Absolute garbage, and guaranteed the worst selling second and third kits we have produced in years, probably since records began....

Then you know very little about football merchandising.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the yellow one in particular flies off the shelves. Kids especially will be all over that. I remember a fair few years back now when Sheffield United released a luminous yellow away shirt. It sold in record numbers. Albion's luminous orange one last season sold well too, I think you'll find.

The red one- well it's less striking, and harder to predict its appeal. But the mere fact that we have 20,000+ season ticket holders tells me that, even if the club barely lifted a finger to promote sales of either shirt, they would still each sell in numbers unheard of during the Withdean and Goldstone eras.

You don't like it. That doesn't mean that others won't.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Plus the other bonus of the yellow shirt is that it should help Dale Stephens spot a team mate more easily, and thus avoid his irritating habit of playing several absolutely terrible passes each game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Blue and white stripes don't just clash with blue and white stripes. Spectators from afar need to distinguish the players, and while closer to the action, referees need to be able to distinguish players at a glance. A blue stripe on an arm can be easily mistaken for a blue sleeve. As such, Blue and white stripes clash with plain blue, plain white, horizontal stripes, patches.

Birmingham - Clash Blue v Blue and white
Blackburn - Clash Blue and white v blue and white
Bolton - clash white v blue and white
Brentford - no clash
Bristol City - no clash
Burnley - no clash
Cardiff - Clash blue v blue and white
Charlton - no clash
Derby - Clash white v blue and white
Fulham - Clash white v blue and white
Huddersfield - Clash blue and white v blue and white
Hull - no clash
Ipswich - Clash blue v blue and white
Leeds - Clash white v blue and white
Middlesbrough - no clash
MK Dons - Clash White v blue and white
Nottm Forest - no clash
QPR - Clash blue and white v blue and white
Preston - Clash white v blue and whtie
Reading - Clash blue and white v blue and white
Rotherham - No clash
Sheff Wed - Clash blue and white v blue and white
Wolves - no clash

Quite a few clashes with the home kit. Not sure any of them clash with the away kit. Perhaps Brentford's yellow stripes, at a push.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't mind either of the shirts and probably won't purchase one, but kids will love both, especially the yellow one and I fully expect it to sell very well. The club have abandoned any particular tradition and chosen a design that is 'on trend', purists and olds will hate it but those that actually wear them will love them.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have been trying to work out why the kits look shithouse and have concluded that it is a Nike shirt with the normal badge, no attempt to blend the badge into the shirt, the green and black of 2011 kit looked good (IMHO) because they made the badge black and green to blend in. These look like what they are, nike templates with an Albion badge stuck on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The red shirt is very bland, the yellow one will be popular with the youngsters.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
As an "oldie" (52), I have to say I like them both.....I think I'm past the age of wearing obvious footie shirts, so it's nice to have something which is a little under-stated, but classical all the same. I will probably check the actual shirts in the club shop before buying, but am genuinely tempted by the red one....

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
They both look alright, nowt like the garbage that some teams have to wear away from home (check out the gash that Man City have come up with for next year)

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
You're right, there was one, but there is some contention that it was never worn in a proper game, perhaps a pre season match only.

Didn't we wear red with white sleeves for the Chelsea cup match in late 60's? Update:18th Feb 67

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

That video was so crying out for Zamora at the end.

Reasonable kits, personally I prefer stripes but each to their own.

The only kit I'll buy this year anyway is a home Zamora 25 if he signs.

I take it the Red has a 1 year life ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if not already said, they look like goalie kits. we should have stripes even on the away kit. or some detail, this it just bland and thoughtless.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Doesn't it make a mockery of the rubbish we were told about the iron-on bit on the home shirts (that it was the 'right shade of white' and nothing to do with Nike pre-fabs). American Express seem more than happy with the right shade of neon.....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The yellow one is ok.. In fact, yellow is as it should be. I'd want yellow every single year.

But ultimately, I don't really care. It's only an away kit and they're bound to change it again next year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wow! Call me old-fashioned, but seems to me that if you have blue and white stripes as you home kit, you're only ever going to clash once in a blue moon with the oppo, and then only with their yellow kit or their red kit, in which case you'd wear the stripes. Might be missing something but can see no other possible reason for a randomly chosen third shirt other than to part tuats from their money.
Shall I put you down for one of each?

(obviously kidding)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here