Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North and South West ST holders meeting 18th December

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Reduce beer prices, leave bars open earlier, closing later, make away fans sit and let us stand, move singing supporters to centre of the north, move away fans away from behind the goal, sell STH behind South Goal. Move family to east upper and away from the north.
Reduce prices to encourage dodgy rowdy types to attend.

He was on the Albion Roar the other week and seemed to know plenty. I'm fairly sure he said he'd read Build a Bonfire and We Want Falmer before he even started the job - would need to re-listen to confirm this though.
Yes, he's read up on some of the history. I'm sure he was attracted to Brighton by what he found out during the time he was considering the opportunity that awaited him.

I do wonder, though, whether the current mood of dissatisfaction comes as a surprise to him. Is it what he expected? And, if it is a surprise, who is going to explain it to him?

If it's any help, Paul, I'd suggest you ponder on this ... a good few of the people who feature in We Want Falmer and Build a Bonfire are re-surfacing now as critics of the current status quo.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Ask if the beer can be cheaper in the north ,not as silly as it sounds, 1.cheaper beer more fans will want to be in there 2.more beer intake louder we get 3.most who like a beer like a chant .4 more beer .5 more beer 6. More beer .7 8 9 10 more beer .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nah feck it I am not going...I can't be arsed after that performance.

If the management don't care, why should I ?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I moved from the sw corner to the nw corner when it opened.
I immediately noticed the change in atmosphere in the stewarding.
There are so many more of them and they seem intent on making your day as uncomfortable as possible.
The away fans don't have stewards along the front of their stand facing you, not even millwall.
I work in the customer service industry and these stewards do not have the skills or intelligence to carry out that part of the role. I fact I do not think they even believe this is part of the role.
I got the email but cannot go so please pass this on or hopefully the club are following this thread.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Oh!!! Has he gone
What a shame. Seemed such a nice chap..
More than a month ago I thought. There was a marked improvement in Stewarding in the North in one game - no incessant sitting instruction. Then I heard (on here I think) that he'd been dispatched, which was fantastic news. One of the most pompous arrogant and incompetent morons at the club, and that's a real achievement.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I won't be travelling down for this. I'd like to attend and would do if I was based in Brighton just to witness first hand what appetite they have for it.

Unfortunately I think they'll be asked and refuse to:

- move the away supporters
- be flexible over standing
- create singing sections
- swap Richie Reynolds for an intensive adult football fan atmosphere generating session (whatever that may be)

Excuses will be about their interpretation of league rules etc whilst others do what they need to and want to (much like ffp).

Really hope I'm wrong though.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Somebody will have on their Personal Business Plan / Annual Appraisal an objective that reads something like:

"Organise and execute a formal supporters feedback forum at least once during 2015."

They have just realised that their annual performance review with their boss is due on the 23rd December and need to get something done pretty quick so they can tick that one off as completed. We've all been there.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Was I the only one who thought this was a meeting for fans who travel down from the North, and across from the South West? :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The only way you're going to turf the non singers out of the North stand is to make other sections in the ground similarly as cheap. Otherwise they're not going to move.

Then, allocate the central blocks of the North as a singing only section. All new ST applicants will need to attend a rehearsal session in which they will need to perform their full repertoire of Albion songs, including GOSBTS in full, word for word. Any errors and the application is void and they'll have to sit some where else. If this area becomes oversubscribed, then the club could add additional criteria such as a minimum singing decibel level to achieve, and whether the singing is in tune and in time.

Simples.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Anyone know what's happening with this? After the email you get to register but no actual confirmation that you're booked to go etc. it says limited numbers but at no point are you given a ticket/reference number etc. my work do has been cancelled Thursday night now so I'm 100% free and after this week of silence I'd quite like to ask s few questions....

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I really don't think this is a good idea, suggestions like moving the away fans, safe standing will never happen and in the current climate there are more important things for the club to focus on, I think it would be best if the club cancelled this.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I really don't think this is a good idea, suggestions like moving the away fans, safe standing will never happen and in the current climate there are more important things for the club to focus on, I think it would be best if the club cancelled this.

Disagree.

Personally think that this is exactly the right time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That's straight from the "why are the club trying to sell us replica shirts when they should be winning games" school of thought.

The club is a sizeable organisation with people in different roles doing different things. The people involved in this meeting will not be involved in "resolving the Hyypia issue". Do you suggest they just sit around and do nothing and only reach out to fans when they perceive them to be happy?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
That's straight from the "why are the club trying to sell us replica shirts when they should be winning games" school of thought.

The club is a sizeable organisation with people in different roles doing different things. The people involved in this meeting will not be involved in "resolving the Hyypia issue". Do you suggest they just sit around and do nothing and only reach out to fans when they perceive them to be happy?

The only reason the astmosphere is poor is because of the standard of football, last year it was boring this year poor, we have proved in the past when the Amex gets going it is right up there with anywhere else. When the Millwall fans started trying to climb towards the Brighton fans on Friday the North Stand was in full voice so it can be done, we just need something to cheer about.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Bizarre posts Stuart Munday, next you'll be telling us that Michael McIntyre and James 'Smithy' Corden aren't irritating cock juggling thunder*****.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Somebody will have on their Personal Business Plan / Annual Appraisal an objective that reads something like:

"Organise and execute a formal supporters feedback forum at least once during 2015."

They have just realised that their annual performance review with their boss is due on the 23rd December and need to get something done pretty quick so they can tick that one off as completed. We've all been there.

3 years on and still waiting for the Transport Manager who promised this.

Little did I know that he had passed on his "improve the transport experience" objective to Hypia

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here