Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North and South West ST holders meeting 18th December

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Dear Supporter

In December we invited season ticket holders who are seated in the North Stand and the South West corner to a meeting at the Amex to discuss ideas and suggestions that might boost the atmosphere at the Stadium. In addition to me, attending from the club were Adrian Morris who oversees Safety and Security, Jen Wade who is our Supporter Services Manager, and Tom Gorringe who is our Head of Marketing.

First, I wanted to say a big thank you to those who came out with an open mind and for participating in an open forum discussion. While there were many different perspectives in the room, we certainly all agreed that one of the attractions of football is the atmosphere that gets created at the ground - or rather, the potential for atmosphere. From there we tried to listen, facilitate discussion, provide context where helpful, and to take away ideas.

Frankly, there was little consensus in the room around what to do to improve atmosphere, but we took away some thoughts and suggestions that we will study and consider before another meeting. In addition we will do some random surveys to test the opinions of people seated in these areas who didn't attend the meeting. The club suggested, and the participants agreed, that we (the club) ought not to set out to create atmosphere, but we should work with the supporters to remove barriers for supporters to express their passion where it is safe and reasonable.

As a general statement we agreed that it would be great to get more like-minded people grouped together to achieve even better critical mass of singing. Most of us agreed that atmosphere ought to be infectious, and that if we are able to start with one well-defined, loud section we will have achieved a good start. Of course, there are sections already of "singers". The challenge is to identify more, and find room for them.

We have started to study other grounds to see which venues we can learn from, and this will inform some of our recommendations to move forward. I suspect we will have another meeting around the end of the current season to report on some of our information gathering and discuss the coming season.

In conclusion – we came away with more questions than answers. But we also came away with a renewed desire and collective spirit to try to get things done. We acknowledge that this will take a significant amount of time, but that by working together and taking a long-term view we can identify and grow our atmosphere that can be the best in English football.

Sincerely,

Paul Beirne
Head of Commercial Development

Brighton fan!!.JPG

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Def put the away fans in the North West corner & that will boost stadium noise no end. Moving away fans from the quiet corner to a noisy corner will boost noise.

&leave South & East stands to get it together & make there own noise in support of the North shouting out the away fans

I sit in the East stand & you can hardly hear the north or West ever

& I know the East noise is pathetic

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Dear Supporter

In December we invited season ticket holders who are seated in the North Stand and the South West corner to a meeting at the Amex to discuss ideas and suggestions that might boost the atmosphere at the Stadium. In addition to me, attending from the club were Adrian Morris who oversees Safety and Security, Jen Wade who is our Supporter Services Manager, and Tom Gorringe who is our Head of Marketing.

First, I wanted to say a big thank you to those who came out with an open mind and for participating in an open forum discussion. While there were many different perspectives in the room, we certainly all agreed that one of the attractions of football is the atmosphere that gets created at the ground - or rather, the potential for atmosphere. From there we tried to listen, facilitate discussion, provide context where helpful, and to take away ideas.

Frankly, there was little consensus in the room around what to do to improve atmosphere, but we took away some thoughts and suggestions that we will study and consider before another meeting. In addition we will do some random surveys to test the opinions of people seated in these areas who didn't attend the meeting. The club suggested, and the participants agreed, that we (the club) ought not to set out to create atmosphere, but we should work with the supporters to remove barriers for supporters to express their passion where it is safe and reasonable.

As a general statement we agreed that it would be great to get more like-minded people grouped together to achieve even better critical mass of singing. Most of us agreed that atmosphere ought to be infectious, and that if we are able to start with one well-defined, loud section we will have achieved a good start. Of course, there are sections already of "singers". The challenge is to identify more, and find room for them.

We have started to study other grounds to see which venues we can learn from, and this will inform some of our recommendations to move forward. I suspect we will have another meeting around the end of the current season to report on some of our information gathering and discuss the coming season.

In conclusion – we came away with more questions than answers. But we also came away with a renewed desire and collective spirit to try to get things done. We acknowledge that this will take a significant amount of time, but that by working together and taking a long-term view we can identify and grow our atmosphere that can be the best in English football.

Sincerely,

Paul Beirne
Head of Commercial Development

View attachment 62523

I hate the word frankly and, well, frankly, shouldn't have been used in that letter.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Unallocated seating in the central north stand, and actively encourage those who want to make a noise to go there.

Works at away games, so no excuses.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Too logical for this club methinks,..... Barber likes things complicated.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That will never happen, what about those who purchased the PSL how can the club force them to relinquish that ?

Do like what they did at Smellhurst and physically move the seats around (remember the photo ?) :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here