Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North and South West ST holders meeting 18th December

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I hope that people go to this meeting with positive ideas and don't just go to vent their spleens. The team that are hosting have nothing to do with the current on pitch performances and are just trying to create a better atmosphere (which will hopefully help the on-pitch stuff).

Ah well..good job I am not going then.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Since I quite frankly cant be bothered to go through 11 pages, can someone suggest about giving unsold seats to community causes (schools, groups etc) for free or at a discounted rate ?

Also, Watford had a similar problem with a shite atmosphere at home so they designated an area to those who want to sing and it has worked......well not well actually, but ever since the "main" people in the middle of the North stand moved to become the "Police box crew" it turned massively shit, IE at the end of the 12/13 season. Due to this, you get 2 different songs being sung at each end, and the people in the middle dont bother to sing because they dont know which one to join in with.

Unreserved seating wont happen, but the designation of 1 or 2 blocks in the middle of the North to be the main area for those who want to sing could help. A large area with a couple of hundred people singing should get it to easily spread, but then you will have an issue of those who dont want to sing refusing to move seats, which would make it unworkable.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
True - are they allowed to do that under safety rules? Not sure if you sell out every seat in an entire end you can have it unallocated...

Its happened at several away games , first come - first served. You'll always get the odd obnoxious **** though insisting on sitting in their allocated seat because its printed on the ticket.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The only way you're going to turf the non singers out of the North stand is to make other sections in the ground similarly as cheap. Otherwise they're not going to move.

Then, allocate the central blocks of the North as a singing only section. All new ST applicants will need to attend a rehearsal session in which they will need to perform their full repertoire of Albion songs, including GOSBTS in full, word for word. Any errors and the application is void and they'll have to sit some where else. If this area becomes oversubscribed, then the club could add additional criteria such as a minimum singing decibel level to achieve, and whether the singing is in tune and in time.

Simples.

The non singers in the North Stand could be moved to the South Stand as the price would stay the same , the only negative is there will still be a cluster of non singers wherever you put them.

Masky

Jan 15, 2011
Since I quite frankly cant be bothered to go through 11 pages, can someone suggest about giving unsold seats to community causes (schools, groups etc) for free or at a discounted rate ?

Also, Watford had a similar problem with a shite atmosphere at home so they designated an area to those who want to sing and it has worked......well not well actually, but ever since the "main" people in the middle of the North stand moved to become the "Police box crew" it turned massively shit, IE at the end of the 12/13 season. Due to this, you get 2 different songs being sung at each end, and the people in the middle dont bother to sing because they dont know which one to join in with.

Unreserved seating wont happen, but the designation of 1 or 2 blocks in the middle of the North to be the main area for those who want to sing could help. A large area with a couple of hundred people singing should get it to easily spread, but then you will have an issue of those who dont want to sing refusing to move seats, which would make it unworkable.

Absolutely right... ... 2 areas singing at different times (if not 3 separate areas) .. Is all too confusing. Those who have gone under the police box should move back or is it easier to move other to NW stand??

I be going tomorrow and have summarised the 11 pages also.... But don't want a drum! Or Goal music!

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I'm going along, going to be very interesting. I need to have a think of some things to say!!

You could say "why have the club now backed a manager with absolutely no rapport with the fans and no apparent tactical system that wins matches" and therefore why have they accepted relegation so early in the season without trying to solve it. Relates directly to marketing people trying to sell you stuff - no chance people will buy if they have no faith in the club management.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Absolutely right... ... 2 areas singing at different times (if not 3 separate areas) .. Is all too confusing. Those who have gone under the police box should move back or is it easier to move other to NW stand??

I be going tomorrow and have summarised the 11 pages also.... But don't want a drum! Or Goal music!

I don't understand the opposition to a drum. It's at least worth a trial; there are loads of clubs that use a drum to coordinate the atmosphere.

Goal music IS pointless though. What's wrong with the sound of 20 000 people going mental at the same time?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Goal music, drums, those feck off huge flags that chelski and arsenal have waved by children at the side of the pitch, cheer leaders, preferably the Dallas Cowboys ladies, clackers, air horns, flares, Loud hailers, bells, someone at the front conducting the crowd, rock music whipping the crowd into a frenzy, get rid of fanzone ..how difficult is it?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
A couple of decent signings in January a settled side playing attacking,entertaining football will result in applause and cheering,rather than childish verses, I hope there will be a 5 mile ban around the Amex of any musical instrument, I had experience of a drummer some years ago which resulted in my ears ringing for several days and conversation only possible at half time,never again

Feb 14, 2010
Sell out crowds would indeed mean that unallocated seating would require a reduction in capacity.

why would it? If a stand holds 3000 then you sell 3000 tickets but on the basis that its first come first served, just like in the old days with terrace ground season tickets. You got in, but not a particular place to stand that's all

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Quite simple really .... winning team means happy fans hence more noise generated .... losing team means unhappy fans which in turn affects the atmosphere ... we know what the issue is but the three B's will not change it

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Look how steep the ends are at Juve's new ground

B5F0kFdCUAItIQZ.jpg

Sell out crowds would indeed mean that unallocated seating would require a reduction in capacity.

why would it? If a stand holds 3000 then you sell 3000 tickets but on the basis that its first come first served, just like in the old days with terrace ground season tickets. You got in, but not a particular place to stand that's all
It's the rules / licensing conditions / whatever.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
If the stadium has truly been designed to make it atmospheric, then God knows how awful the atmosphere would be if they hadn't taken that into account

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Goal music, drums, those feck off huge flags that chelski and arsenal have waved by children at the side of the pitch, cheer leaders, preferably the Dallas Cowboys ladies, clackers, air horns, flares, Loud hailers, bells, someone at the front conducting the crowd, rock music whipping the crowd into a frenzy, get rid of fanzone ..how difficult is it?

How things have changed, it was just a bog roll and torn up Argus in my day. I'm all for bringing back the bog roll, best feeling in the world launching one from the North Stand and seeing it flutter into the goalmouth. Always envied those who kept one back for when we scored - couldn't do that - had to launch as the team came out.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How things have changed, it was just a bog roll and torn up Argus in my day. I'm all for bringing back the bog roll, best feeling in the world launching one from the North Stand and seeing it flutter into the goalmouth. Always envied those who kept one back for when we scored - couldn't do that - had to launch as the team came out.
WSU and 1901 will be like Argentina 1978....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here