Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North and South West ST holders meeting 18th December

Feb 14, 2010
Is Charlie Webb going to get his rightful place on the Legends Wall? Not having him on there is so left field I cant work it out. Its like palace missing off Coppell or Liverpool missing off Paisley or Man United missing off Ferguson. Only Brighton could mess that up.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
THE TAYLOR REPORT

When dozens of bent coppers who didn't have the courage to stand up to their bosses, got in a huddle and conspired to lie to Taylor LJ about the Hillsborough tragedy.

Taylor LJ based his report, and recommendations, on the OB's filthy lies that it was drunken hooligans that caused the disaster rather than their total incompetence and neglect of duty.

So then we had all-seater stadia - and that is where the real atmosphere at games came to an end.

The Taylor Report should be torn up as its recommendations were based purely on the OB's lies. But it isn't going to happen is it? The best we could hope for is "safe standing" but Barber has consistently rejected it - but without giving any real reason not to support safe standing at the Amex.

No doubt it will be raised again, and no doubt Barber will reject it again. No point in the club just going through motions and asking the questions if they don't listen to and ACT ON the wishes of the fans.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
That's straight from the "why are the club trying to sell us replica shirts when they should be winning games" school of thought.

The club is a sizeable organisation with people in different roles doing different things. The people involved in this meeting will not be involved in "resolving the Hyypia issue". Do you suggest they just sit around and do nothing and only reach out to fans when they perceive them to be happy?

Actually Bozza. The Product and Marketing are one and the same. One cannot be discussed without the other.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
THE TAYLOR REPORT

When dozens of bent coppers who didn't have the courage to stand up to their bosses, got in a huddle and conspired to lie to Taylor LJ about the Hillsborough tragedy.

Taylor LJ based his report, and recommendations, on the OB's filthy lies that it was drunken hooligans that caused the disaster rather than their total incompetence and neglect of duty.

So then we had all-seater stadia - and that is where the real atmosphere at games came to an end.

The Taylor Report should be torn up as its recommendations were based purely on the OB's lies. But it isn't going to happen is it? The best we could hope for is "safe standing" but Barber has consistently rejected it - but without giving any real reason not to support safe standing at the Amex.

No doubt it will be raised again, and no doubt Barber will reject it again. No point in the club just going through motions and asking the questions if they don't listen to and ACT ON the wishes of the fans.

This is possibly the best post i have ever read on NSC, and it gets my first ever thumbs up. Which is not because I haven't liked quite a few others but this is the first time I've taken notice of the thumbs up thing :)

The only way you're going to turf the non singers out of the North stand is to make other sections in the ground similarly as cheap. Otherwise they're not going to move.

Then, allocate the central blocks of the North as a singing only section. All new ST applicants will need to attend a rehearsal session in which they will need to perform their full repertoire of Albion songs, including GOSBTS in full, word for word. Any errors and the application is void and they'll have to sit some where else. If this area becomes oversubscribed, then the club could add additional criteria such as a minimum singing decibel level to achieve, and whether the singing is in tune and in time.

Simples.
The simplest solution is to make all seating in the North Stand "unreserved seats".

Kendo3

Jul 26, 2004
Uckfield
England cricket has the Barmy Army, this isn't just a group of blokes that turn up at games. They have a proper membership scheme, different club regalia, discuss how they are going support at the next matches, arrange premium tickets etc. But most importantly have regular structured fans meetings for socials but also introduce newsongs/chants etc. I'm not saying fully replicate the BA, but BHA could readdress the Seagulls membership scheme making it more like the them, ulimately it should be supporter run with BHA backing. The new supporters club should be encouraged through the websites/programs etc. and should be advertised as a more 'North Stand' radical style rather than Junior Seagulls, Costa express etc.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Get two men sent off early, so we can re-create Burnley 2011. That worked.

Not for me it didn't, it was my 50th Birthday and I sponsored the bloody game!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was going to this to vent my spleen , then I remembered that it's chris rea tomorrow night.

True - are they allowed to do that under safety rules? Not sure if you sell out every seat in an entire end you can have it unallocated...

Sell out crowds would indeed mean that unallocated seating would require a reduction in capacity. But ... have you noticed? All those vacant seats.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
England cricket has the Barmy Army, this isn't just a group of blokes that turn up at games. They have a proper membership scheme, different club regalia, discuss how they are going support at the next matches, arrange premium tickets etc. But most importantly have regular structured fans meetings for socials but also introduce newsongs/chants etc. I'm not saying fully replicate the BA, but BHA could readdress the Seagulls membership scheme making it more like the them, ulimately it should be supporter run with BHA backing. The new supporters club should be encouraged through the websites/programs etc. and should be advertised as a more 'North Stand' radical style rather than Junior Seagulls, Costa express etc.

The club doesn't advertise the Costa express, it advertises Seagull's Travel.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was going to this to vent my spleen , then I remembered that it's chris rea tomorrow night.

I hope that people go to this meeting with positive ideas and don't just go to vent their spleens. The team that are hosting have nothing to do with the current on pitch performances and are just trying to create a better atmosphere (which will hopefully help the on-pitch stuff).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
My offer to take suggestions via PM still stands, if you can't attend.

Please can you mention my suggestion :moo:
I'm WSU so not been invited.

At the last home game there were loads of empty seats in the North Stand (and the rest of the ground) - this is not what we need if we want to get a good atmosphere going. It might be a stupid idea but what if the club were to invite those regular non-attendees (those who miss say 30% of games) to relocate to somewhere else in the ground? Those seats could then be re-sold to younger fans (whom I'm guessing are more likely to turn up). They could even offer a sweetener to those fans that they asked to move - e.g WSL ST for the price of an NS ST for next season. Getting a packed NS every week is where we need to start - the atmosphere will spread from there to the rest of the ground. Perhaps they could just start with half the NS or one or two blocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here