Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion reject "final" Leicester bid for Ulloa

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What's the point of saying it though? Seriously, some people need to just relax and trust the club. If we get to the start of the season with no more new signings, that will be time to worry. In the meantime, the fact that we're trialling a couple of young players for the development squad is hardly reasons to question our recruitment policy.

Do you not think there is a need for players to 'bed in' with the rest of the team then?

It will not be particularly helpful to have 5 new signings announced, one week before Sheff Wed (or even worse later). Personally I would prefer we got players in earlier rather than later.

I agree with the trialling of premier league 'rejects', but really think we need to progress things for the senior team in the next 2 weeks, and in a perfect world they would have already been in Spain.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Do you not think there is a need for players to 'bed in' with the rest of the team then?

It will not be particularly helpful to have 5 new signings announced, one week before Sheff Wed (or even worse later). Personally I would prefer we got players in earlier rather than later.

I agree with the trialling of premier league 'rejects', but really think we need to progress things for the senior team in the next 2 weeks, and in a perfect world they would have already been in Spain.

I didn't say it was ideal but it's the reality of life in the Championship unless you have huge parachute payments or want to sign quantity rather than quality. I thought we'd have a couple of players in by now but it hasn't happened. It just doesn't feel like it's worth spending as much time moaning about it as some people do on here.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I didn't say it was ideal but it's the reality of life in the Championship unless you have huge parachute payments or want to sign quantity rather than quality. I thought we'd have a couple of players in by now but it hasn't happened. It just doesn't feel like it's worth spending as much time moaning about it as some people do on here.

I don't disagree. I think the trouble is the Summer just feels really slow, every time someone posts a rumour it just gets inflated.....

It only troubles me when a team like Birmingham are on SSN, saying they've signed 9 players, or teams like Brentford, Bournemouth and even Rotherham are sorting themselves out. Whilst, Tony Bloom is probably right to get the right player for the right price etc....., for the second year running it feels we are a little 'slow off the blocks'. Only time will tell and I'm hoping to be wowed by some great signings soon :drool::smile:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't disagree. I think the trouble is the Summer just feels really slow, every time someone posts a rumour it just gets inflated.....

It only troubles me when a team like Birmingham are on SSN, saying they've signed 9 players, or teams like Brentford, Bournemouth and even Rotherham are sorting themselves out. Whilst, Tony Bloom is probably right to get the right player for the right price etc....., for the second year running it feels we are a little 'slow off the blocks'. Only time will tell and I'm hoping to be wowed by some great signings soon :drool::smile:

Look at who Birmingham and Rotherham have signed. They both fall into the quantity over quality category

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
Why do people listen to newspapers? At the moment they are saying 6 mill has been rejected but I've already read 7\7.5 mill being banded around. Papers desperate for an story?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not in the squad tonight per team sheet

Great. Players head gone then. All down to CMS to grab us 40 goals this season then.

Why do people listen to newspapers? At the moment they are saying 6 mill has been rejected but I've already read 7\7.5 mill being banded around. Papers desperate for an story?

It could be that the deal was structured differently. The £7m deal could have largely included add-ons for staying up, number of goals etc, where as the lower figure might be more of a cash figure.

Gertrude

May 10, 2014

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Blackpool are certainties to be relegated. The longer that goes on with us not signing anyone, the more I think it we could be joining them in the bottom 3.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I really don't want him to go. It's the only decent song we have. Lose that and it's back to shite songs again

It wouldn't be so bad selling Ulloa if we didn't already have the most threadbare squad in the division.

Indeed. I really do feel as if people are almost blindly backing the club on their transfer policies, when on the face of it we have signed one player and we kick off our season in less than one month. I can't help thinking something is up with our recruitment process, not based on the lack of activity (factoring in the world cup slowing things down), but also last seasons transfer business that saw us gradually weaken the team and fail to replace injured or sold players. FFP does evidentially affect the club but something just isn't working.

We seriously need to push forward. Yes, we need 'quality not quantity', but we must be getting close to some signings now.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not on bench so surely he's off

Did you not read the all knowing thread title,the bit with final? We can all relax now..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here