Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion reject "final" Leicester bid for Ulloa

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I keep saying, that for all his faults, Ulloa is a rare commodity, particularly at our level. A big, fairly mobile, target man. Holds the ball up well. Can take a buffeting and decent in the air. All these fans advocating sell..sell..sell....lets hear some options/alternatives. All I've read is Glenn Murray, Bobby Zamora, Conor Wickham and Chris Wood, none of whom will be coming here.
Thats the problem...the money is tempting but you ain't gonna get a like-for-like replacement. They aren't around at our level of spend.

In my opinion this is more than about good business.

Tony Bloom has invested over £130,000000 in our little club.

He has funded a fantastic stadium & a state of the art training facility as well as everything else with the goal of getting Brighton into the premier league.

Sooner rather than later the club need to think of the bigger picture rather than making a quick buck.
Since January we have lost

Bridcutt
Barnes
El abd
Tomaz
Hoskins
Brezovan
Upson
Rodriguez

We released a few of them but we lost some key members of our squad because we received offers for them.

It sends a bad message to other players & the fans that the club is willing to sell key players during a time when we were pushing for the play offs.

If we want to convince players to join us we need to convince them that we are building a squad rather than replacing players that have been sold.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Not read the whole thread but I will say it again. Take 7mil for him and what can you get for 7 mil striker wise. Nothing that matches his quality so hang on in there Tony.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Not read the whole thread but I will say it again. Take 7mil for him and what can you get for 7 mil striker wise. Nothing that matches his quality so hang on in there Tony.

Ah bless JW put a thumbs on my post cheers Early Doors

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If the buyers saw his performance against Wednesday last season .... They would invade the Isle of Wight and turn it into an aircraft carrier.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Some encouraging things about the transfer racket. If Charlton can afford players from Belgium so can we.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Why are we criticising a player that we all adore just because oter clubs want to buy him.To my knowledge he has never instigated a move away & has always given his all for us.The reason other clubs are trying to buy him is because he has played well for us.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Tony playing hard ball i reckon....Ulloa has his price no doubt , we have a bit of a reputation as a selling club rather than major transfer market players.....just look at the type of players we are trialing. Upson and Kuszak will be massive losses for us if we don't get adequate replacements.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why are we criticising a player that we all adore just because oter clubs want to buy him.To my knowledge he has never instigated a move away & has always given his all for us.The reason other clubs are trying to buy him is because he has played well for us.

We don't ALL adore Ulloa.
He has some strengths, but there's plenty missing from his game and abilities, to make Ulloa nothing special in my opinion.
If Leicester end up paying c. £7.5m for him, I think they will end up regretting that sum, and that would be amazing business for us.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Hate to say it,but think Ulloa will be gone soon...but what happens,happens,just be prepared to sing the new song,"Where's that man from Argentina"!

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
He has some strengths, but there's plenty missing from his game and abilities, to make Ulloa nothing special in my opinion.
If Leicester end up paying c. £7.5m for him, I think they will end up regretting that sum, and that would be amazing business for us.

I would be tempted to take £7.5m for him - we could invest that in 3 top players

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was hoping I'd not need to explain this. If we're selling a player, we want lots of money, so it's our job to big them up. That's what the scum up the road did with haha, and it worked a treat on manure.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
just look at the type of players we are trialing.

You mean the ones on trial for our DS team, much like Ince was about 18 months back? Basing the clubs targets on a couple of young trialists is a strange way to go.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'm encouraged because whether Leicester's bid was good enough, and whether we have turned it down or not, it appears at present that Leo hasn't put in a transfer request in order to get a move.

Perhaps Sami has had a really good effect on him (or there's a "see how things look by the time we reach the next transfer window" agreement in place). Whatever the position, it seems for the moment that he's happy to stay. I hope that lasts.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You mean the ones on trial for our DS team, much like Ince was about 18 months back? Basing the clubs targets on a couple of young trialists is a strange way to go.

just have a look at the type of players we are trialing.....ok....?? that is what i said .

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
just have a look at the type of players we are trialing.....ok....?? that is what i said .

What's the point of saying it though? Seriously, some people need to just relax and trust the club. If we get to the start of the season with no more new signings, that will be time to worry. In the meantime, the fact that we're trialling a couple of young players for the development squad is hardly reasons to question our recruitment policy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here