Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion reject "final" Leicester bid for Ulloa

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I keep saying, that for all his faults, Ulloa is a rare commodity, particularly at our level. A big, fairly mobile, target man. Holds the ball up well. Can take a buffeting and decent in the air. All these fans advocating sell..sell..sell....lets hear some options/alternatives. All I've read is Glenn Murray, Bobby Zamora, Conor Wickham and Chris Wood, none of whom will be coming here.
Thats the problem...the money is tempting but you ain't gonna get a like-for-like replacement. They aren't around at our level of spend.

agree with your sentiment entirely, but the player has stated his wish to play in the Prem, for whatever reason we have failed in the past two seasons. I think we're being offered a reasonable amount of money for a decent Championship striker, not an international I might add. To avoid the inevitable sulking from him, we should accept. A replacement ? Of course they're out there, but with all due respect, we have a system in place to find one, I'm sure. Whatever walk of life you're in, the prospect of bettering yourself, whilst earning more money , has to appeal ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone know if there is a sell on clause? if it's 20% for example, 6m wouldnt be enough to sell assuming we paid 2.5m for him. Not enough profit in that for me. Then we still have to get a quality replacement in.

Yes, there is. On Jan 19 2013, the Argus reported that Albion had restricted Almeria to a small sell-on fee, "believed to be 5-10%".

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
From a outsiders perspective, £7 mill would be good business.
The problem lies with who will replace him ?
I would guess the majority of the fee will be kept back for FFP purposes, maybe allowing £2/3mill on a replacement/s.
Also is there a sell on fee to his previous club ?
Some of the names mentioned as replacements ( Rhodes, Murray,Wickham) won't happen due your salary cap, so someone like Baldock would seem the sensible choice ( £2 mill fee max and £10/15 k wages per week )

Can't see him staying now, it's just how much you will receive .

Agree with all of this.

God I feel dirty now.........

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I would take any offer whatsoever above £3.5m, I can't see he is worth anymore than that, if Leicester feel different and offer £5-6m, cash not with extras, then unload at will.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd have to laugh if another club nipped in and paid what we are asking putting an end to this cheapskate small increment bidding of Leicesters. Ideally when Leicester were about 250k light of what we would accept.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
agree with your sentiment entirely, but the player has stated his wish to play in the Prem, for whatever reason we have failed in the past two seasons. I think we're being offered a reasonable amount of money for a decent Championship striker, not an international I might add. To avoid the inevitable sulking from him, we should accept. A replacement ? Of course they're out there, but with all due respect, we have a system in place to find one, I'm sure. Whatever walk of life you're in, the prospect of bettering yourself, whilst earning more money , has to appeal ?

Very sensible and pragmatic ... agree entirely

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From a outsiders perspective, £7 mill would be good business.
The problem lies with who will replace him ?
I would guess the majority of the fee will be kept back for FFP purposes, maybe allowing £2/3mill on a replacement/s.
Also is there a sell on fee to his previous club ?
Some of the names mentioned as replacements ( Rhodes, Murray,Wickham) won't happen due your salary cap, so someone like Baldock would seem the sensible choice ( £2 mill fee max and £10/15 k wages per week )

Can't see him staying now, it's just how much you will receive .

Baldock is hardly a target man though...so not really a like for like replacement

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
True...but he Ulloa offers something that neither Baldock or CMS doesn't so perhaps would leave us lacking in that way

I agree it's good to have options, I was just thinking that if Sami doesn't use a target man it may be prudent to sell Ulloa and invest in players he wants :shrug: who knows mate, who knows.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My thoughts exactly. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but to think we had the option to sign him for a mere fraction of his current asking price when we had him on loan during our promotion season from League One. He would be a fine acquisition for us.

We didn't ever have an option to sign him from West Brom as he had a three year contract. The Baggies sent him out on loan again the next season to Birmingham.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm missing it by choice. It comes round too quick for me. Love football from September onwards, but football in early August just wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here